Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 09:14   #3196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Mahindra Scorpio 4WD have received the lowest safety scores – in both crash protection and crash avoidance – ever awarded to new vehicles in Australia.

Zero-star safety ratings by the Australasian New-Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:12   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Scorpio 4WD have received the lowest safety scores – in both crash protection and crash avoidance – ever awarded to new vehicles in Australia.

Zero-star safety ratings by the Australasian New-Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).

Link
Isn't the case that cars without ADAS are by default given 0 rating ANCAP?
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:52   #3198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Then why market the SUV without ADAS in such markets?

ANCAP Chief Executive Officer, Carla Hoorweg, said both MG and Mahindra have "misjudged the safety expectations of today's consumers. This is a stark reminder that not all cars offer the same level of safety – even when they're brand new models."

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th December 2023 at 13:21.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:26   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Even ignoring the ADAS aspect, it has scored just 44% in adult protection which is mediocre. Just shows the difference in standards between ANCAP & GNCAP (BNCAP by extension too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Then why market the SUV without ADAS in such markets?
The Scorpio N was launched in Australia 10 days before launch of new cars without Driver Assistance systems was completely banned. I guess they just wanted to launch and establish the product in the market and potentially introduce ADAS at a later stage.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:55   #3200
BHPian

Looks like the lost points in structural assesement mainly due to the MPDB loadcase.
I really doubt if ScorpioN or for that matter any made for India vehicle can ace this test.

Need to look into the details though, but i wouldn't bother much over these ratings.
GNCAP/BNCAP will definitely be lagging the other NCAP's, we will reach there one step at a time.
Old 14th December 2023, 21:30   #3201
BHPian

Hi All, sorry if this ques/concern already raised before. If it is please point me to same.
Ques/Concern - my Scorpio N Z8 P completed a year in Nov. AdrenoX stopped working and I have no interest in renewing the same. This is not the problem. Problem is that navigation also stopped working. Mahindra is giving the navigation in their SUVs with map my india, which is GPS based and also run anywhere without internet. Last Sunday I was at D M Manindra Gurgaon to get navigation fixed, I was told to pay 5000/- to enable maps as they are moved into online mode. I was shocked on this statement. I asked them to give me this in writing on the bill but they refused. I told them Mahindra does not say this anywhere then how come. They said this is direction from Mahindra to charge 5000/- from any one who wants to renew maps in Scorpio n. That too is annual cost like AdrenoX renewal.

Last edited by arvindtayal : 14th December 2023 at 21:31.
Old 16th December 2023, 11:19   #3202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Hi Everyone,

Today morning onwards, I have noticed that the gear shifts are happening a bit late, means 2000-2200 rpm, especially noticeable during 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gears.

Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior? What is the rpm at which normally it shifts? This is specifically for Petrol vehicle.

Thanks in advance
The main logic driving the TCU during mild acceleration (upto 15% throttle roundabouts) is the speed, gearshifts happen on the dot at those speeds programmed in. Any further increase in engine load (slopes, higher throttle input etc) can vary this - eg, full throttle causes the engine to headline at 5k rpm. Set your MID display to the digit speed output and verify for yourself. Hope this helps.

Has anyone ever got there petrol to shift at 5.5K where the actual redline on the dial is? I figure unlocking that band can easily unlock upto 220 HP lol.
s2K_scorpioN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 07:05   #3203
BHPian

Hello members. Added 2 mods to my scorpio N. Fog lamps which can operate normal white light as well as blue. And a 10 inch nakamichi subwoofer too. With the limited space availability in boot, the enclosure sits perfectly in the given space, produces fantastic bass and now their is absolutely no need felt for speaker upgrade. I am running stock 4 speaker setup that comes in z4 4x4. The sub is active and has inbuilt amp so need for putting extra amp is also done away with. Reason for not placing at the place where it is fitted by OEM is because i firmly believe the extensive JUGAAD will create unnecessary rattles in future which will be a major irritant for me. Attaching a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-4.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-8.jpg  

his-xc-lnc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 11:14   #3204
BHPian

Some Noob question to Z8L Petrol Owners:
1. The petrol engine drives the rear wheels right ? or is it a FWD setup ?
2. For a Monthly 4k - 5k running, would the Z8L Petrol be recommended ?
3. What is then the Tank size ? How frequently do I have to refuel on Trips ?
4. How is the highway milage ?

Some additional context
a. Vehicle mostly needed for long road trips on Highways
b. Need a 6 or 7 seater considering family and luggage
c. Not worried about In city low milage and I am in Namma Bengaluru where NGT rules still do not apply.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 18th December 2023 at 11:18. Reason: Adding context
Old 18th December 2023, 12:05   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Hello members. Added 2 mods to my scorpio N. Fog lamps which can operate normal white light as well as blue. .
More info on those fog lamps please. Source, pricing, etc.
Old 18th December 2023, 12:55   #3206

Hello All,

I have purchased ScorpioN Z8L D AT last year October(Initial batch of manufactured vehicle) at Ramani Mahindra Coimbatore. Till date I have travelled around 14K and continuously facing oil leakage/spillage in the engine.

As per dealer the issue is due to improper surface finishing between engine and oilsump and they did the proper sealant application for more than 4 times and replaced the oil sump and timing cover also at fifth attempt to resolve the issue . Even after the replacements found a oil spillage at manifold location.

Finally, they have approved for engine replacement. I need inputs from the forum on what are the things i need to take care in this case.

1. How to ensure new engine is being replaced
2. Engine no updation(Does anybody in the forum have completed the engine replacement procedure with the manufacturer)
3. Initial batch of scorpio is of BS6 Phase1, current one available is BS6 Phase2. Dealer told Mahindra is still producing BS6 Phase1 and they will provide a same requirement engine. (Does OEM produce outdated engine for replacements alone)
4. Will engine replacement under warranty reduce re-sale value of a car.
5. Any other checklist on this .

Hearty thanks to all the people for having this wonderful forum.(I will add a new post on my experience on this purchase later sometime since it has many more issues other than this)
Vishnu17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 17:00   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Some Noob question to Z8L Petrol Owners:
1. The petrol engine drives the rear wheels right ? or is it a FWD setup ?
2. For a Monthly 4k - 5k running, would the Z8L Petrol be recommended ?
3. What is then the Tank size ? How frequently do I have to refuel on Trips ?
4. How is the highway milage ?

Some additional context
a. Vehicle mostly needed for long road trips on Highways
b. Need a 6 or 7 seater considering family and luggage
c. Not worried about In city low milage and I am in Namma Bengaluru where NGT rules still do not apply.

A Z8 Petrol MT owner here.

Trying to answer based on my 5months and 3k kms ownership experience with it.

: Both Variants, Petrol and diesel are RWD, additionally you can get a 4x4 only in diesel.
: Petrol Scorpio N is a gas guzzler, for 4k-5k monthly running considering 10kmpl mileage you are looking at around rs 50k fuel bill, do the extrapolation for long term ownership expense.
The petrol engine is super smooth and fun to drive, if you dont mind the running costs go for it else my recommendation would be diesel.
:Tank size is around 57liters.
: Highway mileage if driven around 90-100 would be around 14-15kmpl.

A: haven't done much long distance driving so cant comment on it from the limited experience we had its fairly decent.
B: With 3rd row seats up luggage space behind it is almost non-existent unless you have a rooftop carrier, also 3rd row seating is best for kids or adults below 5.5
C: City mileage can be around 5-7kmpl, i have seen 3kmpl also in a heavy traffic jam i got stuck recently ( 1hour for 4km).

--> Also do check the ingress/egress if senior citizens are involved, its not the most easy to exit vehicle in the 2nd row inspite of the foot board, i feel the door cavity is bit small and also the rear doors dont open very wide.

Last edited by Gaur : 18th December 2023 at 17:02.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 21:04   #3208
BHPian

Mahindra has silently deleted some of the features in Z6 Models. The latest Scorpio-N brochure shows that infotainment system of Z6 has been downgraded to Z4 level and now there is no AdrenoX.
Rahkehs is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:03   #3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
A Z8 Petrol MT owner here.

Highway mileage if driven around 90-100 would be around 14-15kmpl.
that's very impressive mileage.

A few questions:

1. Do you use cruise mainly?
2. what rpms are you most likely to hover at in a manual in 6th gear?

Notes from a P AT owner, I set cruise around 94 kmph, which is when the tranny shifts to 6th, and it won't downshift to 5th unless it's below 91 kmph (in auto mode). I'm usually hovering between 93-97. The highest I've been able to achieve is 12.2 kmph with this, over 500 km.
s2K_scorpioN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 19:08   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
More info on those fog lamps please. Source, pricing, etc.
Ok. These i bought from Emporio, dehradun. Cost of pair including fog lamp frame and complete fitting was 13,000/-. The brand name is hellix as i remember reading it on packaging box. It has various modes for which pics are attached below. Various combinations of white and blue drl alongwith white and yellow fog lamps have been clicked. These are available in red color too. The throw of fog lamps is just adequate. It doesnt make much of difference as i have installed LED bulbs of 156 wattage which are supremely bright.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-bdyp.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-push-switch.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-wd-yp-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-bdwp.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-bdyp-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-wd-wp.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-wd-yp.jpg  

his-xc-lnc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks