Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 10:04   #3271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

My Scorpio N is a Oct 2022 model, its done about 15k only. There is a squealing sound from the steering every time it is turned. The should can be heard clearly when the car is in a quite basement, but is not very audible to anyone else at the ASC as that place is noisy. The SA also said that its a known issue and even replacing the steering column does not resolve it.

Anyone else has had this issue? Is there any recall for any part in the steering column?
slylenser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 10:37   #3272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Not guranteed all the time, this sometimes happens at dealer end too where the factory engine number is erased using abrasives and new one matching the outgoing one is punched. One of my acquaintances was told this for his 700 engine replacement, he refused and went with new engine number that came from factory as it was the right thing to do. If the matching engine number comes from factory then thats all good and perfect but if it is being done at dealer end then I would avoid it. Best is to apprise this to ASC in advance and have them get it punched from factory itself even if it takes a little longer.
Any inputs on how to change the engine number in the insurance ? Service team told, they are checking the process on how to change the engine number in the RC book with RTO..
Old 8th January 2024, 10:50   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu17 View Post
Any inputs on how to change the engine number in the insurance ? Service team told, they are checking the process on how to change the engine number in the RC book with RTO..
Updating it in insurance should be straight forward - few allow you to submit the application along with new RC online or you can contact their customer care.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 18:12   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf boost View Post
You should follow navpreet318's suggestion,
and did the installer cut any wires, if yes then you should pretty much say goodbye to your warranty and pray that the insurance won't notice it. If you're lucky enough that the installer hadn't cut any wire, and used some cheap, locally made wiring harnesses, you should immediately buy a good quality, BRANDED, wiring kit which has all required components and install it.

As an Scorpio N Z8L owner myself, I noticed that your vehicle is most probably a Z8 or Z8L, so what was the need of an extra pair of lights? These models have LED projector headlights and have a very large throw, I've never faced any lighting issue in 9 months of ownership

Just wrapped up my road trip across the entire state of Madhya Pradesh, covering approximately 3500 km, and I must say these auxiliary lights were a game-changer. Operating at a color temperature of 4700, they provide a longer and brighter throw compared to the stock lights. The fact that they function as projectors ensures a clean cut-off in the beam, effectively illuminating my path without causing any inconvenience to other drivers.

In addressing the issues I previously mentioned, I opted to replace the wiring and reconfigure the setup. I incorporated a relay, connecting it to the accessory fuse for signaling, and the relay conveniently includes a built-in switch for easy on-off control. To synchronize with the high beam, I tapped into the high beam's wire, ensuring a seamless integration of the auxiliary lights into my setup.

Here are some pics, clicked just 10 minutes after the install.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1134.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1131.jpeg

Last edited by BB311 : 8th January 2024 at 18:15. Reason: corrected grammar
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 12:48   #3275
BHPian

Just completed a road-trip to the Silk Route twice in the month of December. Shall detail out the trip in a travelogue.

At the end of it she was due for the 10k service. A concerning thing I noticed during the service was the service personnel had no practice of flushing the sump with fresh oil. They just drained the old one and was about to fill in with new oil with the drain plug closed. They did not even bother to clean the filter housing before boxing up the new filter. I did correct them on the same and the SA was respectful of my choice (it did cost me an extra 1L oil). The standard 6L goes in completely to the sump. When the SA saw dirty oil coming out even after putting in fresh oil he was taken aback. He/she said they were not aware of such practices and had not followed them till date.

I was appalled at the level of competency. I know most of us like to watch what’s going on with our car/bike during maintenance, but worried about people who do not have a clue what is wrong or right.
sand-dune96 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 15:34   #3276
BHPian

@all - I'm seeking some advice/suggestion. I'm expecting delivery of a Z8 D MT 4WD of an uncertain color Anyway, this variant comes with 17" steel rims.

Now, Mrs. Fawlty, likes them alloys; I've over the years have grown fond of black steelies paired with AT/MTs. Look wise of course. In terms of use case, I'm expecting significant bad road usage, and hopefully, learn some light recreational offroading someday. Thus 4Xplor. Budget, however, is likely to be tight for significant upgrades.

I seem to have the following options -
#1 - stick with what I get for now -
Pros: most compromised option, no significant extra spend
Cons: probably not much (?)
#2 - stick with the steel rims (minus the covers), get aftermarket ATs
Pros: hell, yeah!
Cons: a miffed missus, finding the right set of tyres
#3 - factory fitted alloys - 17" as on Z8L MT - with OEM tyres
Pros: save spend on tyres (?), potential for future upgrade/upsize
Cons: why not 18" (?), those aren't black, not many AT options (?)
#4 - factory fitted alloys - 18" as on ATs - with OEM tyres
Pros: erm, don't see a lot of value
Cons: more expensive than #2 (?)
#5 - go full aftermarket (extremely unlikely)
Pros: replicate the droolworthy looks of @ROG_AK's N!
Cons: unsure of options in CCU, warranty conditions. Expensive.

Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
I was appalled at the level of competency.
@sand-dune96 - mind sharing which ASC was this?
Old 9th January 2024, 22:05   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fawlty View Post
@sand-dune96 - mind sharing which ASC was this?
This was Royal Motors workshop in Kalikapur.
Also, do not opt for interior cleaning here. Vacuuming is okay. But the product they use for cleaning leaves water stains and they shine the dashboard with regular plastic trim shine which leaves a highly oily/glossy finish.

Congrats on your upcoming family member. My suggestion would be to retain the stock tyres. They would more than suffice for light to mid case mud/ruts trails easily (as per my experience). Loose the wheel caps and have the steelies dipped in white or off white colour.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 03:13   #3278
BHPian

Thanks, @sand-dune96.

If I do ever find myself at the Kalikapur ASC, I guess I'll need to be extra vigilant!

Re: off white steelies - that'd be some serious character! Trying to visualize - with this thread (Cars that look awesome with steelies (steel wheels)) for inspiration.
Mr.Fawlty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 10:38   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Anyone else has had this issue? Is there any recall for any part in the steering column?
Have noticed a similar issue in my vehicle. Jan 23 manufactured. It had cropped up at around 6k kms. Initially it was random at specific angles, now it is persistent. I didn’t bother asking the SA, because it would have been futile. Have learned to live with it since it’s a Mahindra.

However, if anyone has solved the issue please do suggest
Old 11th January 2024, 22:12   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
auxiliary lights were a game-changer.
Hi ,
Can you share the installation process,details and which brand light you choose .
I own z8l D AT 4wd . Often i feel the need of auxiliary lights.
Old 13th January 2024, 17:44   #3281
BHPian

I also feel the need for better headlights. I wonder instead of auxiliary lights, the solution lies in better lamps for the current setup. But would that void warranty?
Old 14th January 2024, 12:22   #3282
BHPian

Hello all! Could anyone with Z8/L inform me what were the stock tyres provided in the MT & AT. Mine is z8L MT 4x4 and mine was shod in BridgeStone Ecopia. Heard that some were shod in MRF Wanderer too, thus the query.

Also, my Ecopias are seeing frequent and easy punctures. 3 punctures in the past 5 weeks, all different tyres. 2 of them were pinholes resulting in immediate deflation of my tyres. Thankfully they did not occur at any higher speeds. One of them was the spare which was absolutely brand new (<70kms). Is this a normal phenomenon with Ecopias? It is very concerning that the rubber is getting penetrated so easily and deflating to 0 psi within a few minutes. Can I claim the same from the tyre manufacturer or the company?

Also today a blunt bolt (not a screw) penetrated my other tyre resulting in damage to the inner metal ply. However, since it got lodged in deep, it had held the pressure until I could drive a while to the nearest tyre repair shop. The picture of the bolt attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_6417.jpeg  

Old 14th January 2024, 22:34   #3283
BHPian

Looks like the Z4 4X4 has been discontinued. At least the dealers I spoke to in Bangalore are not taking booking for this variant.
busydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 00:29   #3284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Has anyone installed dash-cam in their ScorpioN?
I have installed VIOFO 4K dual channel dashcam https://viofo.in/product/viofo-pro-duo-4k-dashcam/

All my cars have this as I find it quite heavy duty and abuse friendly, though its slightly expensive.

As I like my front usb ports to be wire free and clean, I have taken power from the rear power socket and tucked the wire through D pillar, taking it through the roof liner, all the way to front unit.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-power.jpg

The rear unit wire goes through the door wiring tunnel, again through the right side D pillar, taking it through the roof liner all the way to front unit.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-back.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-door.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-front.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-wiring.jpg
manasr28 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 01:02   #3285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fawlty View Post
factory fitted alloys - 17" as on Z8L MT - with OEM tyres
In my opinion, if you are spending extra on alloys, then why not go for reputed aftermarket options and stand out ?

This is my Scorpio N Z6 with 17" Plati Alloy wheels. The alloy wheel has same PCD (hard to find) as that of Mahindra OEM alloy wheel and is paired with stock Bridegstone Ecopia tyres that came with the vehicle.

I got them for 46K (includes aftermarket TPMS installation, red color brake callipers paint, wheel balancing, nitrogen filling etc, does not include old steel rims exchange) from a reputed shop in sector 18, noida on Day 1 of ownership.

The SUV has done 5K kms till date on these alloys which includes highway driving at triple digits (not reccomended) without any issues whatsoever.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-alloys.png  

manasr28 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks