Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2024, 19:27   #3391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Thanks, Manasr28 for your to-the-point input.

The wire bundled with the dashcam was long enough to reach the power socket located in the back? or did you have to add extra wire to it? was it soldered together?
Both the power cable and the rear camera cable provided by Viofo are long enough that it can fit any SUV.

No wire extension is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
My air inflator’s cable was not long enough to reach the front tyres.
For the front tires, I connect my tyre inflator directly to the battery using this.

I make sure that the vehicle is switched off while I am using this.

Its quite cubersome to open the hood and do all this but in my opinion, better than drawing current from the fusebox.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th February 2024 at 21:31. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 20th February 2024, 10:05   #3392
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasr28 View Post
I make sure that the vehicle is switched off while I am using this.

Its quite cubersome to open the hood and do all this but in my opinion, better than drawing current from the fusebox.
Let's say, the inflator is attached to the 12V outlet. In case the load from the inflator exceeds 120 W, the fuse will blow. This will result in dashcam, charging cellphone (and maybe the ICE unit) etc not working anymore till the fuse is replaced. But all the other functions of the car should work and the car should run as it is. Just viit the ASC to replace the blown fuse and you are good again. On the other hand, if the inflator takes power directly from the battery (while car is switched off) , there is a remote possibility that the battery drains out. There have been many instances (including mine) of S-N battery draining overnight without any apparent reason. So if the inflator drains out the battery, the car is not going to start even! I would recommend using a 12V extension and drawing power from the 12V socket (with car engine running) for the tyre inflator.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 20th February 2024 at 10:07.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 11:23   #3393

Hello Fellow BHPians.
I want to ask if it is possible to install OEM Front parking Sensor and camera in Z8 with working in OEM infotainment, as the wiring harness for FPAS and camera are available on boodmo. has anyone tried this.
Ghost9797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 12:04   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
How are you managing the rattling sound - both at the base and at the top?
I have put a rubber friendship band and for base i have used EPE foam sheet which comes as packing material in some couriers.
yadavsid21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 12:32   #3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
On the other hand, if the inflator takes power directly from the battery (while car is switched off) , there is a remote possibility that the battery drains out.
Not sure how a 12V rated tyre inflator taking power directly from the battery via a socket to battery alligator clips under direct supervision with a usage of around 3 mins (incase the tyre is completely flat) for each of the front tyres will drain out the battery completely in the remotest of the possibility, but yes... Scorpio N's and XUV700's are prone to overnight battery drainage.

It happened to me as well and I wrote a detailed post regarding how I solved it in my case.

Also, the technician that came to jump start the vehicle after the battery drain issue mentioned in the above post happened, quickly came to the conclusion with his "experience" that it is the aftermarket ambient lighting drawing power from the fusebox (how neatly it was done didn't matter to him) responsible for the battery drainage, is another reason I never touch fusebox for any after market stuff as long as there are other options available to get power for that particular accessory use case.
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:30   #3396
BHPian

Not a good sight to see your car on flatbed, but it happened. While returning from Satara towards Pune after about 30kms OBD Telltale sign came up on screen and car lost power. It went into limp home mode and was not revving beyond 2200-2500 rpm. Immediately pulled over and stopped the car. Tried the restart method but the sign didn't go. Meanwhile had the OBD2 device plugged in so tried to scan for error codes. Got the below error related to turbocharger.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20240219_083456.jpg

After this I got the DPF is clogged error which stayed for sometime and then went off mysteriously.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20240219_095325-2.jpg

I also saw the foam padding bitten off by rat and suspected some wire cuts which caused this.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20240219_084929.jpg

Service center checked for rat bites and did not find anything. They mentioned regeneration had failed which caused this issue. They did it manually and have returned the car.

Now the question is, if people can help:

As per manual,

Quote:
Regeneration is triggered automatically according to vehicle driving conditions which burns the accumulated particles/soot from the DPF. The process is called as DPF Active Regeneration.
However, if the vehicle continues to be driven in the below conditions the accumulated soot may not be automatically removed because of low exhaust gas temperatures.
1. Heavy traffic driving conditions, especially in the city
2. Frequent short trips
3. Low speed for a long time
When more than a certain amount of soot gets deposited, the DPF telltale turns ON along with the DPF clogged alert.

If the DPF telltale turns ON when driving the vehicle, it indicates that the DPF regeneration has not occurred successfully. At this moment, we suggest DPF regeneration must be done as mentioned below:
Take the vehicle to an empty stretch of road/highway and drive for 20 – 30 mins @ speeds above 60 km/hr until the telltale turns off.

If the DPF telltale starts blinking, perform DPF park regeneration following the below procedure.
If theD OBD telltale is ON & DPF telltale blinking. Stop the vehicle and contact the nearest Authorised Mahindra dealer for assistance.
When active regeneration is happening, is there any sort of direct or indirect indication given anywhere? As per Service Advisor he says I might have stopped the vehicle when active regen was in progress. In these 8700kms I have not observed any kind of DPF or DEF related indications.

I directly got the OBD telltale sign and DPF clogged alert hence it had to be towed away. So ideally before it got completely clogged up there are 2 stages as per manual:

Only DPF sign is on while driving: It means regen has not occurred and it must be done by driving on empty stretch at 60+ kms/h

DPF sign starts blinking: Stop car and perform park regen

OBD and DPF sign on: Tow it to service center

For my case it was directly OBD first and then DPF. How are other Scorpio owners handling this? Out of my 8700 kms 95% was pure highway driving.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:04   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster666 View Post
This happened on the last day of our stay at Sonamarg when the outside temperature was around -4 (minus four) degrees in the morning. Anyway, since there was snow on the road, i wished to engage the Terrain Selector (4XPLOR Mode) to "Grass/Gravel/Snow" by twirling the selection knob. To my surprise, the wheel rotated freely, but did not move from the default "Normal" mode despite several attempts. Tried it from various stages - standstill, P mode, D mode, while crawling - to no avail. The selector refused to budge from "Normal" no matter what. Finally, gave up and just pressed the 4H button while traversing the tricky sections of the road - especially where there was sludge and black ice.
Just wanted to check. By any chance was the Traction Control off? Or Low Range engaged? Because 4L mode disengages traction control so the modes cant be changed.
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:41   #3398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
How are other Scorpio owners handling this?
My drive is mostly in peak Bengaluru bumper to bumper traffic and is mostly within 10 kms each day. My 2023 June Manual Diesel Scorpio N is at 5484 kms right now and def filter clogged warning has come 5 times till date If I keep low gear ratios and not let the rpm cross 2000 mark ever, the def filter clogged warning comes every 250 kms or so. If I keep high gear ratios and shift only at 2200 or above rpm, the same warning comes after 450-500 kms.

Every time this warning comes, I park the car in neutral and trigger manual regen as per the owner's manual and warning goes away. Active regen triggers only when the vehicle is above 2000 rpm for 20 mins or so. Even if you are mostly driving on highways but at low rpms, the def filter can still clog if the active regen did not happen. My first regen happened at 2500 kms because before that I was mostly driving on highways and expressways as I drove my vehicle from Delhi to Bangalore. I have not noticed any active regen indicator on the instrument cluster till now neither I have seen the owmer's manual talking about the same.

For some reason say you did stop in the middle of an active regen as per your SA, but that should be perfectly fine because incase of manual regen, stopping in middle of it is allowed as per the owner's manual, then why in case of active regen it should be an issue ? Moreover, it is obvious that the vehicle can stop incase of any obstruction on the road and the active regen should handle it. In your case, in my opinion, it seems that either you did notice the manual regen warning (which is very unlikely) or the def sensor failed to trigger any warning when the def filter clogged.

Whatever the case, it will repeat for sure as def filter is expected to clogged frequently in BS 6 vehicles.

Last edited by ampere : 28th February 2024 at 14:28.
manasr28 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:44   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

For my case it was directly OBD first and then DPF. How are other Scorpio owners handling this? Out of my 8700 kms 95% was pure highway driving.
My AT Scorpio-N is driven mostly in city, in some of the months, it’s almost 100% city drive but never got DPF clogged. I think the vehicle maintains proper RPM in ATs and thus clogging is avoided.
Rahkehs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 07:24   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
My AT Scorpio-N is driven mostly in city, in some of the months, it’s almost 100% city drive but never got DPF clogged. I think the vehicle maintains proper RPM in ATs and thus clogging is avoided.
The ATs don't have Zip, Zap, Zoom modes. By default they run in Zoom modes.
Old 23rd February 2024, 08:55   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
The ATs don't have Zip, Zap, Zoom modes. By default they run in Zoom modes.

I have a D-AT, and it does have Zip Zap Zoom, default is Zap.
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:31   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I have a D-AT, and it does have Zip Zap Zoom, default is Zap.
True.
I meant 4x4 AT.
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:15   #3403
BHPian

I'm contemplating getting a Z8L D AT 4WD. I test drove a friend's Dec'2023 built Z6 D AT and noted that the steering column was rattling at slow speeds and I could feel the road undulations and some back and forth as if something is lose. He got the alloys changed from ASC. Can this be an issue?

Is it a normal phenomenon? I read that the initial lots had an issue wherein the road undulations would be felt on the steering wheel, isn't that rectified by now?

Other than the steering column, there was a rattle at idle from the engine bay as if something was lose.

Any insights from the owners would be helpful!
Old 23rd February 2024, 22:49   #3404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post

Is it a normal phenomenon?
Short answer-No. Its a known issue.
Initial fix- re-torquing.
Next is replacement (but replacing with same part may not completely resolve the issue
Now there are reports of new improved part being made available.
We got our z8L d AT 4x4 last week and it also has the same issue.
Old 24th February 2024, 10:41   #3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
Just wanted to check. By any chance was the Traction Control off? Or Low Range engaged? Because 4L mode disengages traction control so the modes cant be changed.
Traction control was in its default state, as were the 4H/L buttons (as far as I recall). I tried changing the mode using the dial before activating 4H when it didn't respond.
zenmaster666 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks