Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2024, 07:41   #3361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Please get some boxy thing made to cover the knob. I have also done that and never faced this issue. Have mentioned it in my thread. You can get it 3D printed. I plan to get it printed as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5669253
You can try this cupholder expander also. Have seen in one of the cars

New Upgraded Cup Holder Expander for car 2 in 1 Multifunctional Car Cup Holder Extender Adapter with Adjustable Base Compatible with Hydro Flask, Yeti, Nalgene, 32/40 oz Large Bottles Drinks Mugs https://amzn.eu/d/fFRolrd

Last edited by yadavsid21 : 6th February 2024 at 07:44.
Old 6th February 2024, 12:02   #3362
BHPian

I just popped up the hood to fill some washer fluid and decided to take a look at the dip stick for good measure, to my surprise there was a small clump of metal particles stuck at the very end of the stick. There were about 15 odd very small particles. Should I be worried or is it normal, the vehicle has done about 8000 kms and is still on the factory engine oil. Attaching some pictures for reference if it helps. Please Advise.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20240206-11.51.33-am.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20240206-11.51.34-am.jpeg

Last edited by Sumanyu17 : 6th February 2024 at 12:12. Reason: attachments not showing up
Sumanyu17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 14:21   #3363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanyu17 View Post
I just popped up the hood to fill some washer fluid and decided to take a look at the dip stick for good measure, to my surprise there was a small clump of metal particles stuck at the very end of the stick. There were about 15 odd very small particles. Should I be worried or is it normal, the vehicle has done about 8000 kms and is still on the factory engine oil. Attaching some pictures for reference if it helps. Please Advise.
Not an expert but I think it is time to replace the engine oil, as more of a preventative measure. Turbo also use the same oil for cooling. No need to be alarmed.

Some folks are hyper-conservative and changed oil even in first service at 1000 km. While some don't care at all. I suppose being somewhere in the middle, taking care in moderation is the best policy. My Scorpio-N is also still with the oil from factory after 14-months, 4000km on the odo. Planning to change it soon.
NT_GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 19:42   #3364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanyu17 View Post
Should I be worried or is it normal, the vehicle has done about 8000 kms and is still on the factory engine oil. Attaching some pictures for reference if it helps. Please Advise.
Do not worry. It's normal for a fresh engine to collect a few metal shavings at the bottom of the oil pan (during the break-in period). I went ahead and got my oil changed with ~4500K on the ODO for safer measure, I advise you the same.
s2K_scorpioN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 19:59   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
My Scorpio-N is also still with the oil from factory after 14-months, 4000km on the odo. Planning to change it soon.
Shouldn't the engine oil have been changed at the 1 year service, irrespective of the kms clocked?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 20:14   #3366

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Shouldn't the engine oil have been changed at the 1 year service, irrespective of the kms clocked?
Correct. Moisture from engine condensation and air will reduce the lubricating nature of the oil, in time. Water is a terrible lubricant . Also, any contamination from the combustion process could also do the same.
s2K_scorpioN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 21:54   #3367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I am yet to take my SUV for the 1-year service.
The service center calls me almost everyday
BTW it is not that I don't love the machine, I take extreme care and I am the only driver. It is due to some other circumstances which would take the conversation off-topic.
Old 8th February 2024, 13:00   #3368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
Hey tbhpians. Just had a word with RyeBuck Engineering from Australia. They have recently designed a 3” exhaust, a fully integrated bull bar with winch and a snorkel. They also provide Tough Dog suspension with a 40mm lift from stock. An Australian YT recently availed their services and is currently testing out all equipments on his S-N. They are also shipping to India. They can be contacted via their Instagram handle too.

I am not in any way related to the said company. This post is just for any information for all motorists.
Thanks for the info. Is there a review available online for the 40mm lifted vehicle ?
Old 8th February 2024, 13:13   #3369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
Thanks for the info. Is there a review available online for the 40mm lifted vehicle ?

You could straight up hit up RyeBuck Engineering for their customer feedback or better still contact Daniel Snare (the guy in the video). He has been testing out multiple equipments from RyeBuck Engineering on his Scorpio N.
sand-dune96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:18   #3370

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasr28 View Post
I have installed VIOFO 4K dual channel dashcam https://viofo.in/product/viofo-pro-duo-4k-dashcam/

All my cars have this as I find it quite heavy duty and abuse friendly, though its slightly expensive.

As I like my front usb ports to be wire free and clean, I have taken power from the rear power socket and tucked the wire through D pillar, taking it through the roof liner, all the way to front unit.
Hi Manasr28,

Can you share more details about where you got the dashcam installed from? Why you chose not to connect it to the fuse box? any pros and cons around it? I am looking to get a dual channel cam installed too and looking for a clean and trouble-free installation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th February 2024 at 12:40. Reason: Broken quote tags
Old 10th February 2024, 13:09   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
https://Youtu.be/dYluv7i8G74?si=AULuM-RHBjX7WZhy

You could straight up hit up RyeBuck Engineering for their customer feedback or better still contact Daniel Snare (the guy in the video). He has been testing out multiple equipments from RyeBuck Engineering on his Scorpio N.
This captivating video has me pondering whether the Thar would also join this convoy, given its remarkable capabilities. Furthermore, the inclusion of the Tough Dog suspension system for the Scorpio-N is a commendable enhancement. It's evident they've thoroughly tested it across both vehicles, considering their shared DNA. Additionally, observing the Mahindra Scorpio-N navigating Australia's beaches in this footage is truly captivating.

Last edited by swunkjyn : 10th February 2024 at 13:11.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:06   #3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Hi Manasr28,

Can you share more details about where you got the dashcam installed from? Why you chose not to connect it to the fuse box? any pros and cons around it? I am looking to get a dual channel cam installed too and looking for a clean and trouble-free installation.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Auto Enthusiast,

If you want the dashcam to continue functioning even after the car is parked and locked, then you need it to be hardwired via a hardwire kit in which case you will need a connection from the fuse box for the same.

If you want the dashcam to function only when the ignition is on, which I wanted in my case, then you just have to insert the dashcam adapter to the power socket or the dashcam usb to the usb socket.
This is the best approach for a trouble-free installation and does not risks any warranty voidage.

Do NOT have a connection without the hardwire kit from the fusebox as it risks voiding the dashcam warranty.

Do NOT get an after market extra power socket installed for the dashcam or connect the dashcam adapter directly to the ignition wire as it involves slicing the existing stock wiring and risks voiding the warranty from Mahindra.

In my opinion, the con with the hardwire method is that it continously drains battery. Though the hardwiring has a cutoff mechanism to switch off when the battey voltage drains to 11 V, I do not recommend it as it might give Mahindra an oppurtunity to void warranty citing continous excessive battery drainage and fiddling with the fuse box.

Also, most of the public and private parking spots these days have cctv surveillance anyways, so it does not make much sense to me to have the dashcam continously switched on even after the car is parked and locked.

Since Scorpio N and Xuv 700 are prone to battery drainage (read my previous post regarding same), I do not recommend to draw any kind of wires from the fuse box unless there is no other option and you are absolutely sure of what you are doing.

Regarding the installation, I ordered it online got it installed from my neighbourhood car accessory shop. You can do the same as it is not a complex process and can be done within 15-20 minutes.
manasr28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 00:39   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
This captivating video has me pondering whether the Thar would also join this convoy, given its remarkable capabilities. Furthermore, the inclusion of the Tough Dog suspension system for the Scorpio-N is a commendable enhancement. It's evident they've thoroughly tested it across both vehicles, considering their shared DNA. Additionally, observing the Mahindra Scorpio-N navigating Australia's beaches in this footage is truly captivating.
Yes it is truly mesmerising. Also, the fact that this particular S-N was especially modified to suit his requirements with solar and plug sockets and cargo boxes. Most of all, everything is a very very clean installation. If an unknown were to stumble upon it, they would feel everything is OEM from the factory.

I am not knowledgeable about aftermarket suspension brands and have not delved into technical modifications at all. Any reviews about Tough Dog or RyeBuck Engineering in general?

Also it does cost a lot of “Gandhi-jis” for shipment and import taxes. Thus makes sense to freight forwards all desired items in one go.
Even if we import, getting a clean install here seems difficult. Thus waiting for some “Make in India” products mainly due to money constraints. Else, I do have a doubt regarding quality control in India, especially aftermarket manufacturers.
Old 13th February 2024, 11:51   #3374
BHPian

A Scorpio-N owner has informed in a facebook group that got his steering assembly changed by M&M under warranty due to vibration issues. The newer assembly seems different from the old. Has anyone got their Scorpio-N recalled for the steering issue?

Pic Credit: FB Groups
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpion-steering-old.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpion-steering.jpg  

Rahkehs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 13:48   #3375

Thanks, Manasr28 for your to-the-point input.

The wire bundled with the dashcam was long enough to reach the power socket located in the back? or did you have to add extra wire to it? was it soldered together?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks