Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2024, 23:15   #3466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Today got a number of warning lights which were instantly sorted out at the service centre where the software was updated. The funniest part was that for sometime my car tried to convince me I was in Siberia.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_4203.jpeg  

rajesh2812 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 13:53   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Hello everyone! Any owner planning/or tuned their Scorpio-N to the Power/Torque figures of XUV 700 which should be simple as engine and gearbox are exactly the same? I am more interested in the higher torque of 450 NM in the XUV 700, is it advisable to retune the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

I had asked the same thing earlier and someone in teambhp who worked with Mahindra (I am not sure, this was a while ago) mentioned that the turbos are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Wouldn't a FWD with 450Nm and RWD with 400Nm have the same impact - pulling vs. pushing?
No, increased power is increased power. Doesn't matter whether you are sending it through FWD or RWD. There will still be an increase in acceleration
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 17:44   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I had asked the same thing earlier and someone in teambhp who worked with Mahindra (I am not sure, this was a while ago) mentioned that the turbos are different.
May be it’s true but doesn’t make much of an economic sense. It feels, to differentiate between the flagship XUV700 and Scorpio-N, M&M has strategically kept the power/torque figures lower.
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 21:34   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
May be it’s true but doesn’t make much of an economic sense. It feels, to differentiate between the flagship XUV700 and Scorpio-N, M&M has strategically kept the power/torque figures lower.
Wait till you find out that the diesel version of the lower variants of both 700 and Scorpio N get lower power tunes than the higher variants
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 12:09   #3470
BHPian

After using my ‘17 XUV500 D AT for 198000kms; I have brought home the Scorpio N Z4 D AT last week.

Opted for the Z4 variant as I am sceptical on the adrenox part & living in Chennai; Sunroof was a no go for me.

Have used the car for approx 400kms & must say Mahindra have really put their work in their new gen cars.

N is leagues ahead in terms of NVH & fit finish compared to my XUV500.
DieselWanderer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 11:45   #3471
BHPian

I own a Z8 Diesel 4WD Auto and would like to know whether any software update has been provided yet by Mahindra which resolves the issue of the map spinning around while using Google Maps on Android Auto.
Old 21st March 2024, 01:10   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
I own a Z8 Diesel 4WD Auto and would like to know whether any software update has been provided yet by Mahindra which resolves the issue of the map spinning around while using Google Maps on Android Auto.
Yes and no. Their major Mappls update helped. But it still persists. If I use an external android box like say those on Amazon for about 11-12k, then it behaves much better. In fact, it shows vehicle speed on android auto then. The stock head unit doesn't, on neither the SN, nor the Thar.

On the other hand, the Thar's GPS location on the stock head unit with android auto is rock stable.

Last edited by wooka : 21st March 2024 at 01:11.
wooka is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 06:09   #3473

Hello Everyone. This is my first post on team bhp. Till date I have been an avid passive reader.

I have decided to go ahead with Petrol manual Z8 select. This will be my first car. I have taken multiple test drives. The car fulfills almost all checkpoints of mine.

However, recently, I have been reading a lot about turbo GDI petrol engines. It's positives as well as it's issues like carbon deposit on valves, fuel injector clogging etc.

As I plan to keep the car for long term, like 10 years, maintenance and reliability part of turbo GDI engine is bugging me a little.

In this regard, I request existing owners and other members of the forum to kindly shed light on the long term reliability of turbo GDI petrol engines and preventive maintenance required, if any.

Thanks and regards.
Old 25th March 2024, 18:29   #3474
BHPian

Recently noticed that the sunroof is not aligned properly with the the roof. While I haven't noticed any water leakage but it must be creating additional wind noise.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-sunroof_alignment.jpg

Can this be rectified without ripping apart the entire sunroof and has anyone faced something like this?
Old 25th March 2024, 18:46   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Yes and no. Their major Mappls update helped. But it still persists. If I use an external android box like say those on Amazon for about 11-12k, then it behaves much better. In fact, it shows vehicle speed on android auto then. The stock head unit doesn't, on neither the SN, nor the Thar.

On the other hand, the Thar's GPS location on the stock head unit with android auto is rock stable.
Please share amazon link to the AA box. Does it have a sim card slot?
Old 25th March 2024, 22:05   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Please share amazon link to the AA box. Does it have a sim card slot?
Carlinkit Android 11.0 Ai Box, Qualcomm 3+32GB, with Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Multimedia Magic Video 3-in-1 System Adapter, 4G Cellular, Only Support Car with OEM Wired CarPlay https://amzn.in/d/6iZ15al

Yes, has a 4G slot. I'm using the Jio motive for now (which has its own issues) for 4G Hotspot purposes.
wooka is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 08:20   #3477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanyu17 View Post
Recently noticed that the sunroof is not aligned properly with the the roof. While I haven't noticed any water leakage but it must be creating additional wind noise.

Attachment 2586565

Can this be rectified without ripping apart the entire sunroof and has anyone faced something like this?
Yes, I recently faced similar problem on Z6 , was worried about water leakage and went to ASC. I was told that, it won’t be an issue as there will be a drain that will take care of any water. Surprised after looking at the bill, spare part used was FeviKwik. Issue resolved.
Old 26th March 2024, 10:14   #3478
BHPian

Last week got a call from my service manager that my May’23 Z8 4wd AT is part of a recall.
Visited the service station and got the work done on Saturday. Apart from replacing the overrun alternator decoupler and some bolts they also did ECU flashing.
Post this I am feeling the car’s acceleration has become very linear and it has lost some of the punch . I am not sure if this is my feeling or it has happened practically, if anyone also has been part of this recall can you confirm?
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 13:00   #3479
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Interesting things are afoot (only once I am finished with the Kufri thread):

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc_0625.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc_0797.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc_0827.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc_0838.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc_0880.jpg

Peace
vredesbyrd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:40   #3480
BHPian

4xplore system recurring issue

Team.

This is the second time I've had the issue of the 4xplore Knob simply failing to be lit up or engage no matter what's pressed. Rebooting the car doesn't help.

There seems to be a recurring assembly / harness failure point. Today I drove from Noida to Dehradun with a slightly increased transmission noise, zero acceleration/movement when making a three point turn despite being in drive, and general lethargy. Also the tyres skidded doing 1 kmph while turning on gravel near my destination. And then I just knew.

I flipped the fuses for the 4Xplore actuation and the knob, both. No dice. I phoned up MnM and got the COTEK to, very kindly, give me a video of opening the center console 30 minutes later. By then I'd already done so myself and attached the harness. It clicked reassuringly into place. How in the world can this come loose by itself?

Now this is strange. This happened once months ago, previously, and the service guys said it's fixed and that the harness was 'loose'. How? Doesn't it click into place? I had last given the car for a silver box replacement (which has indeed fixed my wireless android disconnection issues), then how did the harness come apart again? Was it engaged by someone, and then physically disconnected? Cause nothing else adds up - why would the car be in 4x4 mode if the module was disconnected? What has been damaged as a result? Driving 300 kms on hard tarmac in a part time transfer case 4x4 at over 100 Kmph?

This could have happened to someone else. Once previously my Thar had a broken 4x4 switch on the lever and I got stuck in the sand when I had given the car for a gear shifter boot replacement. And just three days back my Thar refused to crank despite a charged battery after stopping for tea near Udaipur. I flipped every fuse and relay only to disconnect and reconnect the battery, at which point the car cranked. It was simply ignoring the cranking position of the key before that (no reaction from the instrument cluster.)

What this makes me worry about is why so frequently, when will things improve, and what QC is performed.

Forgot to add, my cruise control is also broken. As is my TPMS. It's beyond me when they'll shore up their act. Their customer service is really good but their QC leaves much on the table. Good engineering marred by a lax overall approach.

PS. In other news, someone from Tata read my comments on TBHP and picked up my grandmother's punch for service today from the house. And they wanted to make amends. I appreciate what this forum does for all of us, even if passively so!

Last edited by wooka : 26th March 2024 at 15:04.
wooka is online now   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks