Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 16:20   #3481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Last week got a call from my service manager that my May’23 Z8 4wd AT is part of a recall.
Visited the service station and got the work done on Saturday. Apart from replacing the overrun alternator decoupler and some bolts they also did ECU flashing.
Post this I am feeling the car’s acceleration has become very linear and it has lost some of the punch . I am not sure if this is my feeling or it has happened practically, if anyone also has been part of this recall can you confirm?
Cool, my dealership has never called me for any recall since the past one year.
However last week I did get a call from Mahindra directly regarding the maps spinning issue for which I sent him videos as requested and they would check it out and revert.

Last edited by anandkenkare : 26th March 2024 at 16:26.
anandkenkare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:25   #3482
BHPian

Looks like there are a few recalls for most MYs, especially 2023 manufactured ones. A few dealers are proactively calling their customers to book an appointment, others are not. So, please do call your Service Advisor and confirm availabile service actions against your VIN.

Also, in the same context, I was quite shocked to find that the "official" Service action portal on M&M website is a dummy one (stubbed service). Whatever data (valid/invalid) you submit, you'll always get a predefined "No service actions..." message.

https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20240323wa00141.jpg  

Last edited by nerd1200 : 27th March 2024 at 12:27.
nerd1200 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 16:16   #3483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Looks like there are a few recalls for most MYs, especially 2023 manufactured ones. ... Whatever data (valid/invalid) you submit, you'll always get a predefined "No service actions..." message
Agreed. I received a call from Sireesh Auto Bangalore.
And meanwhile Mahindra website said all OK.
Old 27th March 2024, 17:10   #3484
BHPian

I have a Oct 22 Scorpio N Z8L D AT. It's due for 20k service. The only issue I have is with a noise from the steering column when the wheel is rotated. It's like a grating sound, and come each time the wheel is rotated in any direction. Has anyone faced this or got it fixed?
Old 27th March 2024, 18:41   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Last week got a call from my service manager that my May’23 Z8 4wd AT is part of a recall.
Visited the service station and got the work done on Saturday. Apart from replacing the overrun alternator decoupler and some bolts they also did ECU flashing.
My brother owns the ScorpioN. Everything is OK in his vehicle, yet he got similar phone call. He did not visit till now due to his schedule. His vehicle is at 55K Kms as of now.

Can you please elaborate more on the parts changed and the reason behind the change?

I must say, Mahindra is very cautious with their flagship models that they continuously improve things based on different customer feedback.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:37   #3486
BHPian

An issue i have faced few times in my petrol manual model.

I am driving at around 30-35kmph in 3rd gear and approaching a speed breaker i apply brake and slow down to 10-15kmph simultaneously press clutch and shift to 2nd gear, just before i am starting to release the clutch the engine shuts down, since clutch is fully depressed the vehicle doesn't stall but slowly keeps moving ahead and i restart it.

This is with the auto start/stop switched off, has happened a couple of times especially when i slow down from 3rd and moving to 2nd and always with clutch fully depressed so we never have the vehicle stopping with a jerk.

Vehicle has run only around 3.8k KMs and is currently running on XP95.

Any idea what could be the reason ?
Old 28th March 2024, 11:48   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Can you please elaborate more on the parts changed and the reason behind the change?
In my car the below parts were changed:

1. OVERRUN ALTERNATOR DECOUPLER - 0306DBH00041N
2. SCREW HEX FL M12X1 5X30X10 9 - SF0202247
3. STRAP - 0081989

The jobs which were mentioned by nerd1200 were also done apart from the above replacements.
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 11:12   #3488

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looks like there are a few recalls for most MYs, especially 2023 manufactured ones. A few dealers are proactively calling their customers to book an appointment, others are not. So, please do call your Service Advisor and confirm availabile service actions against your VIN.
Thanks to your post that i called up my SA and he confirmed a recall for mine as well. Model is June'23 Z8 4WD MT. Only 2 reasons for recall 1) Steering bolt was tightened and 2) ECU flashing done. Everything took just 30 mins and i was back home within an hour to everyone's shock and surprise

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st April 2024 at 11:36. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Templeoflou is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 23:05   #3489

Just wanted to know that what is the main function of silverbox in the vehicle. Is there any diffrence in these silverbox in z8 and z8l..
If not can the front camera and sensors be installed or is there any need to change the silverbox for the upgrade.
Ghost9797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:29   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like there are a few recalls
Confirmed from the service advisor that my MY2022 Z4 also has 4 recall items scheduled. ECU flashing and SRS ECU flashing are the prominent ones. Maybe M&M has found the solution to airbags not deploying.
NT_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:51   #3491
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
Confirmed from the service advisor that my MY2022 Z4 also has 4 recall items scheduled. ECU flashing and SRS ECU flashing are the prominent ones. Maybe M&M has found the solution to airbags not deploying.
Today I checked with SA and there are 5 service action for my Z6 D AT. One addition to above 4 is CLUSTER DID VALUE UPDATE .

Any idea what is this DID value?

We should have been informed proactively if any of these are critical ( SRS ECU seems so )

10K service was due next month and I was planning for end of April but have to visit soon now .
Old 3rd April 2024, 21:37   #3492
BHPian

My question is related not to my car (XUV700 petrol auto) but to my father's newly acquired Scorpio N Z4 Petrol Manual which has done less than 200kms.
1. Even when the engine is warm, there is a sound when the car is at standstill in Neutral which goes away on pressing the clutch
2. There is a sound similar to when one would lug the engine when coasting at around 1500 rpm which isn't too low IMO. It goes away at the slightest touch of the throttle.
Otherwise, the car is fantastic to drive. 203hp with a manual transmission has a very different flavour from my petrol AX7LAuto. So, am I the only one facing these noises or are they normal?
PS. I love the light clutch coupled with the fact that it behaves like a diesel (pulls cleanly without throttle input even with 5 on board)
Old 6th April 2024, 23:21   #3493
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has been shared earlier, but this really demonstrates the capability of the 4x4 Scorpio N pretty well. Towards the end, you can see a Gypsy King really struggling, whereas the Scorpio had tackled that part with ease.

Respect!
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 09:05   #3494
BHPian

Hi ,
There is a minor pull on the left side at high speeds .Alignment was done twice but still at high speed have to hold the steering tight from right hand .

Diesel A 4wd
Old 7th April 2024, 14:58   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
https://Youtu.be/fGbxUNgVhA8?si=15M9LXAWMmPF3bRA

Not sure if this has been shared earlier, but this really demonstrates the capability of the 4x4 Scorpio N pretty well. Towards the end, you can see a Gypsy King really struggling, whereas the Scorpio had tackled that part with ease.

Respect!
Thoroughly impressed with the performance in the video, especially considering that it's the lower variant with MLD and BLD (if I recall correctly). The snow tyres and great driving deserve praise too.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks