Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 21:54   #3211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Hi,

I suddenly started getting DPF clogged warning today when I took out my car.

I am going on a long trip after 1 day. Should I do the DPF regen before I go to the trip or highway driving will take care of it?

For how long can we drive with the DPF warning as I will have to cross the city before I hit the highway?
Old 20th December 2023, 11:25   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2K_scorpioN View Post
that's very impressive mileage.

A few questions:

1. Do you use cruise mainly?
2. what rpms are you most likely to hover at in a manual in 6th gear?
Providing some background on usage pattern : most of my running till now has been inside city. Highway drives have been few and relatively short (<40kms).

All mileage figures from MID, found it pretty close to manual tank to tank calculation.

: I have got almost the same mileage figures of ~14kmpl with/without cruise while mostly driving at around 90-100kmph.
: Frankly speaking haven't noticed the rpms, the last highway drive had been few months back, will try to make a note of it on the next drive.

This is the first time when i got 14kmpl during the run-in period itself, have reached upto 14.8kmpl max until now, both on the same stretch of the highway with almost identical driving conditions.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-fueleff.jpg
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 15:27   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have a query here: How should I wire it, and do I need a relay? If anyone has installed something similar, can you please guide me on which fuse to tap for signal, which relay to use (links would be great), and any suggestion for a good quality switch.

Thanks!
First of all, your installer needs a strong kick up his behind. You should ALWAYS use a relay wiring kit when installing auxiliary lights. Also, don't cheap out on wiring, always get the best quality you can afford. Personally, I have great experience with a brand called Vaishnu (no affiliation)and their quality is even better than Philips/Minda. Another brand that I was impressed with was Thimpson. My advice is to get a quality wiring kit and get installed from an experienced installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Need some suggestion.

Anyone with fabric seats (Z2,Z4,Z6) put seat covers in their ScorpioN ?

Do you think keeping fabric seats are better than seat covers or vice versa ?
Personal preference, but I always (ventilated seats are an exception)prefer fabric seats over this art leather crap.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd December 2023 at 21:17. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:21   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Personal preference, but I always (ventilated seats are an exception)prefer fabric seats over this art leather crap.

Wait till the fabric seats get completely spoiled and then put seat covers.
Old 22nd December 2023, 21:01   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Wait till the fabric seats get completely spoiled and then put seat covers.
I guess fabric seat covers( or hybrid type with fabric patches at strategic locations) would be available for people who prefer fabric at back, including me.

Also, wouldn't professional wet vaccum can clean and restore the fabric seats to the extend that its usable unless its torn.
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:35   #3216
BHPian

Am experiencing quite a few incidents lately where the ICE stops working and then the vehicle software abruptly shuts down and reboots while the vehicle is in motion. It is very scary when it happens especially at speed.
Anyone else seen this?
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:00   #3217
BHPian

Hi, just experienced mild off roading with the Scorpio N at a Mahindra off road event in Bangalore today held at Dirty Drivez. They had a manual 4*4 and an automatic 4*2 Scorpio N. I took the latter and was amazed at the ease with which it did the grade 1 obstacles ( devil's drop, Steep slopes and climbs etc.) in 4*2. Overall, well organised event and came back mighty impressed with the Scorpio N's capabilities.
Old 24th December 2023, 09:09   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Ok. These i bought from Emporio, dehradun. Cost of pair including fog lamp frame and complete fitting was 13,000/-.
Is this Emporio on EC road? I've been looking for someone to help with IR film tint installation. Can't seem to find someone who will do an edgeless (gap-less really) install.
Old 25th December 2023, 11:03   #3219
BHPian

Scary. The post comes on a day when I booked the Scorpio N. Exactly a year ago I had also booked the car but had cancelled it after reading about the many issues it faced. Then I started thinking about Kushaq but then an issue cropped up, also reported on Team-Bhp, about it suddenly stopping in the middle of the road. After a year I was thinking Scorpio N has matured and therefore I went ahead and booked it on 24 Dec. That very day this is posted on YouTube. I’m alarmed but I haven’t shown it to, or told my family. Wondering what to do, should I again pay 2100 cancellation charges to Mahindra?
Old 25th December 2023, 15:57   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Scary. ... and booked it on 24 Dec. That very day this is posted on YouTube. I’m alarmed but I haven’t shown it to, or told my family. Wondering what to do, ..?
This incident got me alarmed until I saw the images of the collision with the metal divider.

No matter the rating, no vehicle can resist the razor edged metal barricade from slicing into it like butter during such a crash.
Any vehicle no matter its build strength would have ended up exactly like this.

There is a proper way to lay the metal barricade so the the sharp egde is directed away from the vehicle in case of an impact. Looks like it was not installed safely.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 07:12   #3221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2K_scorpioN View Post
that's very impressive mileage.

A few questions:

1. Do you use cruise mainly?
2. what rpms are you most likely to hover at in a manual in 6th gear?

Notes from a P AT owner, I set cruise around 94 kmph, which is when the tranny shifts to 6th, and it won't downshift to 5th unless it's below 91 kmph (in auto mode). I'm usually hovering between 93-97. The highest I've been able to achieve is 12.2 kmph with this, over 500 km.
I’m guessing he mentioned the mileage of the diesel variant or he might have miscalculated because I don’t think it’s possible to get 15kmpl in a petrol Scorpio-N unless you are going downhill.
Old 26th December 2023, 16:10   #3222
BHPian

My P AT, came from second free service yesterday and though i get 7 kmpl in Bangalore mid and heavy traffic, i never complained that to my service advisor, but the driver who dropped the vehicle took the car for milage test for approximately 50kms in airport elevated road. PPS Mahindra is very professional in handling customer vehicles, but not sure why this mileage test was done without my consent, any one has similar experience elsewhere?
On a positive note, driver mentioned, he got 14 kmpl at 90km/h and AC set to 24. Need to verify this in future.
Note: Answering to question about P AT highway mileage: once driving downhill from Bangalore to Tirumala, i got 14 kmpl at 90 km/h. Never could cross 9 kmpl in highways anytime after that.
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 17:31   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Is this Emporio on EC road? I've been looking for someone to help with IR film tint installation. Can't seem to find someone who will do an edgeless (gap-less really) install.
Thats right. emporio on EC road did the complete fitting. Secondly, I am also looking for same film installation and have not been able to find someone with expertise in doon. My previous installation on my safari was a complete disaster and had lot of bubbles left on the edges.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 22:18   #3224
BHPian

My diesel 4WD AT gets between 10-13 kmpl with 50-50 city and highway driving.
What are the numbers seen by other 4WD owners?
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 09:28   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
My diesel 4WD AT gets between 10-13 kmpl with 50-50 city and highway driving.
What are the numbers seen by other 4WD owners?
Correct, ditto. And I'm on 265 AT tyres.

I routinely do 120 now on the Delhi - jaipur (Bombay) expressway stretch. Diesel allows me to not care about aggressive acceleration since it doesn't axe mileage like the same behavior in a petrol would.

Last edited by wooka : 28th December 2023 at 09:29.
wooka is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks