Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 00:05   #2521
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Received this letter after pushing my SA on more details regarding the availability of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on my Z8.

Happy to have some sort of formal commitment, even though no timeline has been provided for the update.
It is by default showing Validity till 2025 so what exactly did they offer per this email.

But yes was inclined to check in Adrenox application post your post.
Old 8th May 2023, 00:20   #2522
BHPian

Can any one confirm if the remote engine start and climate functions work on the Z6 AT variant.
Old 8th May 2023, 09:37   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
That is scary!!! To think of all the QC steps this managed to escape and the supposed PDIs done by the company and dealer!!!
Exactly! It’s very disappointing and scary to see such things in a new 22+ Lac car. I’ll be giving the car again to service centre this week to get this fixed. There is a response from Mahindra so far but I don’t think the criticality of the issue is understood looking at their responses.

I got the first service done in Mangalore. Again not happy with the way the service was handled. The car was not cleaned properly, mat was not put properly. I started cleaning the car myself in front of the staff and no one even bothered to stop & get someone to attend to it.

Also the for the dashboard noise, they are telling me that it is standard operating noise. It is a “kirrrr” noise every time I press the accelerator which gets very irritating on highways if the music is off & this seems to be standard operating noise as per their service staff. Bangalore service centre said it is fixed and gave the car back. Mangalore service centre is saying it is standard operating noise. The justification is, they have another PDI car & that also has the same noise. So they didn’t even make any attempt to look into the issue.

Ruining a great product with their own hands

Last edited by DheerajNK : 8th May 2023 at 09:39.
DheerajNK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 10:34   #2524
BHPian

I was very frustrated with the poor mileage of N and so complained to the service center , I normally get 7-8kmpl Tank to Tank in the city and 9-10kmpl on the highway .They checked all filters of the car and even cleaned it for my satisfaction. They said there is no such setting that can increase the mileage.

I am a kind of speed and punch lover, if road allows me to go higher speed, i go. I don't use cruise control as feels boring to me.

Off late, I was covering 1100 kms of distance and I had option to drive at 80-90 kmph speed but travel time will increase by 2 hrs or drive my natural way, speed up as per the road condition which is like 100kmph and further but then loose the mileage. I chose losing the mileage and got 11 on display,9kmpl actual, and reached the destination on time.

So I did some trial of checking the mileage as per speed and tested for 50kms with cruise control for each speed.
Below are the figures I got

106 kmph for 50km=12kmpl

96kmph For 50km=14.3kmpl

86kmph for 50km=16Kmpl

So this seems 85kmph speed is good if someone wants to get good mileage.sometims I even noticed 22 kmpl on display but that was temporary and was based on 10-20 kms of plain smooth road.

16kmpl is display one, so reduce by 2 will be actual tank to tank which is 14kmpl.

So can surely conclude that mileage of N purely depends on driving style. I also noticed that sudden acceleration impacts the mileage alot.

Also, if you are traveling for 200-500 kms, speed up will only save 30mins-1 hr. Which normally we spend in dhabas.

You have to choose mileage vs. kick, what satisfies you.

If i had chosen mileage on my 1100km drive, I would have saved 3000 rupees, but I was reaching late by 2 hrs.
So choose what suits you.

I would recommend choosing mileage because by this you will also be less prone to high-speed accident risk. But this is what the mind says.

This is all applicable to highway, in city we have no option of speeding up, so we have to live with mileage, which is 7-8kmpl.

Note : Scorpio N model- Z8L AT 4Xplor with Aptera AT2 tyre. AC is always on with fan speed of 2 , temp 23.5.
Passengers- 3.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 12:10   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
----------

So I did some trial of checking the mileage as per speed and tested for 50kms with cruise control for each speed.
Below are the figures I got

106 kmph for 50km=12kmpl

96kmph For 50km=14.3kmpl

86kmph for 50km=16Kmpl

I have calculated the long term fuel efficiency of my 4WD AT Scorpio-N, and it comes to approx. 15.5 KM/L for 75% Highway and 25% City running. I have filled 680 Lts of Diesel till date and the vehicle has run for 10600 KMs!
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 12:21   #2526
BHPian

I Booked the Scorpio-N during the launch phase, but somehow the booking got disappeared.
I took the help of a friend, who has contacts in all the right places, & He arranged a Z6 AT D Napoli black in a day for me from Punjab. (Obviously on a premium though)

My Loan got sanctioned in less than 24 hours from Axis.
Insurance is from ICICI Lombard. (72k)
Extended warranty worth 33k approx.
I wouldn't say I like the amount of heavy tax I must pay on the vehicle,
along with Green tax etc (Noida, UP registration).

I took a choice number as well for 15k from the Transport website (XYXY)..lol

Mods that I have done, apart from the forced 40k worth of accessories that include chrome on specific areas, 7d mats, rain visors, side steppers etc.,
are 18" Plati alloys, spacers, & Ceat AT Tires,
along with Mahindra Genuine Fog lamps & DRLs.

The subsequent upgrades would be bug deflector (Prado style),
Rear bumper guard,
Rear camera, Middle armrest cushioning, front camera if possible, & Front sensors.

I have run it for 800kms till now, & loving every moment with it, the only issue being slightly less mileage than anticipated. (My Terrano gives 22+, this gives 13-14kmpl).

Enjoy the Images:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-336047492_1267296177200502_683467676820397435_n.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-342341228_4281288992095198_692072164418052474_n.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-342068789_1405554456871776_8941462632694487133_n.jpg  

Nitish.arnold is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 12:52   #2527
BHPian

Has anyone come across automatic booking cancellation in the recent weeks? My booking of 12 Dec 2022 got cancelled automatically (I came to know only when I was casually checking on 1 May 2023) and have got a refund of 90% of the booking amount. Is this a common thing to happen? Does anyone has any escalation contact for Mahindra that I can loop into the email thread that I initiated recently ?? Thanks in advance.
Old 8th May 2023, 13:31   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibollu View Post
As a Z6 D MT owner, I've got 2 years of adrenox subscription by default.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
It is by default showing Validity till 2025 so what exactly did they offer per this email.
My understanding is that we were supposed to get 1 year of Free Adrenox subscription, but due to Mahindra's failure to provide promised features at the time of delivery, they have offered an extra year of free Adrenox subscription to all Z6, Z8 owners by default.

Unless there's some fine print somewhere that says that all Scorpio Ns would come with 2 year Adrenox, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Mahindra. Having been a Mahinndra owner since 2015, I'm willing to give them some leeway, as long as they keep their promise to provide the update (and hopefully within weeks and not months)

On a tangent, I remember receiving an Android Auto update on my 2015 "facelift" XUV500 a few months after purchase, a feature that had never been promised to me.
ask99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 16:53   #2529

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Hey, did mahindra fix this for you as manufacturing issue or you had to go with Insurance? Btw, how fast were you driving when this happened?
Had to go the insurance way ...i must have been around 20-30 kmph.
Old 8th May 2023, 16:58   #2530

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
Sorry to hear that you had to face unreliability issues with a new SUV.
Any update regarding your accidental repairs.

What was the primary reason given by ASC representatives, as to why the tyre got dislodged?

What was the cost incurred after insurance repairs?
No one has been able to answer how this knuckle head broke at such low speed. I had raised this with the guys at M&M during my Chakan plant visit as well. So for now its just a freak accident and thankfully no one was injured or harmed by any means. While the insurance covered everything from the new tire along with the entire new rack assembly, i only had to pay some 2-3k from my pocket.
ameyagaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 17:08   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
So can surely conclude that mileage of N purely depends on driving style. I also noticed that sudden acceleration impacts the mileage alot.
Isn't this a universal theory that is applicable to any other car? What is the new finding with just N?
balenoed_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 17:14   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Isn't this a universal theory that is applicable to any other car? What is the new finding with just N?
Yes its universal theory but never checked on previous cars as they were not big diesel SUVs. Their mileage were decent in any condition and scenario or I can say never expected more.
Many people like me have moved to big diesel SUVs like scorpio N and they also have same complain of mileage. So my 2 cents might help them.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 21:58   #2533

Friends, I had a very serious/small/technical/unwanted/unlucky whatever we may call incident with my Scorpio-N Z8L 4X4 MT during my recent drive to SPITI in February 2023.

I am sharing just because these sensor-operated cars can really put you in trouble sometimes.
The first problem was clutch burn during the climb to HATU peak. It may have been because of me, not sure, maybe due to overuse of clutch during the climb. I realized due to the foul smell what was wrong. I stopped for an hour and when the smell subsided then started the downclimb. Things were normal after that and no problems.
P.S. I had been to SPITI in December 2022 also, with my “Scorpion King”. The Vehicle worked flawlessly even in -26 degrees. The engine started in max 2 cranks even in -20 degrees. I was and still am very happy and satisfied with the vehicle.

The ordeal started in the return journey.
During the hill climb towards GUE monastery, I was well aware of the problems I had faced at HATU peak. I was cautious with the clutch usage. Even then 4 km before the monastery, the car now refused to pick up speed.

I and my wife were a solo couple doing the SPITI expedition, we were shocked and afraid. Nothing happened after all the tries, on the center console, checked and found that the engine is giving only torque and no power. I was unable to understand anything. Also no network even for JIO sim in that area.
With no option and no one around, I managed to drag the beast to the base of the village at crawling speeds and again decided to use the wait-and-watch technique. We waited for a strong 1 and half hour and then gain tried but the same result. We avoided going further up to the monastery and decided to go back.
With no network coverage, we decided to again go down 14-20 km to the nearest village for network coverage and ask for help. The car even downhill refused to pick up speed. Almost after 15-17 km of crawling, just before reaching HURLING, the engine again burst with power and the was working as expected. MAHINDRA walo, JAI HO.

We waited again for 2 hours in Hurling and avoided calling the RSA or service center as thought it would be that the car is feeling AMS. I mean there might be some glitch or loose connection and now things are okay. The car was working as if nothing happened for the next few hours.
Soon we were about to reach Nako and before that the uphill climb started again and the car broke down again. Almost 5.00 PM and no one is around, going to turn dark. Frantically I started calling the service center in Mumbai. Even they would close soon.

The service center advised either RSA for scanning or taking to a mechanic, so that he can talk to him and if possible resolve. Luckily CHANGO village was 7-8 km and we managed to drag the car downhill alone in the dark. The helpful villagers called the mechanic and we tried for almost 2 hours with the RM and mechanics' help to resolve but failed. Battery disconnection, radiator fuse check, air filter sensor removal, everything tried but of no use.
Finally had to call MAHINDRA RSA for towing. It was 8 PM and the RSA said it will take 2 days for the towing van to reach as it will come from SHIMLA or MANDI. A Shocker. Stranded in between out of nowhere we were almost half dead hearing this. But Mahindra helped and they confirmed after a lot of communication that the towing van will leave now and reach there tomorrow afternoon.

Though seemed impossible driver will make it, had no choice, and was ready to sleep in my camper Scorpio-N. But the mechanic insisted to stay at his house and we were saved in -15 degrees. Having a supportive and understanding wife made it easy or it would have been more trouble.
The next day towing came at 2 in the afternoon, was surprised. and we went with the towing van in my Scorpio-N, a 12-hour journey to RAMPUR, reached at night 3.00 PM. Took a hotel and the next day early morning went to the service center.
Mahindra North head from Chandigarh was helpful and aligned everything. Though they were like if it's your mistake in handling the car, you will have to pay for everything. I said OK. I was not charged for the Towing for 200 km.

After waiting for half an hour till they opened up, they soon were on task. Connected the scanner and the laptop, quickly checked the errors, and found quite a few like low tire pressure warnings and all. And the main culprit was the VARIABLE OIL pump sensor. It was in an error state and hence the problem. Once cleared, Lo and Behold the car is back to what it should be.

3 days of ORDEAL and 5 minutes to get it solved.

No error warnings are on Display in the car.

I do not blame Mahindra, in fact, they managed well in spite of me not being ARUN PANWAR.

I feel I was unlucky with the car malfunction.

I don’t know how other brands manage such a situation.

But from all this, I feel, if an OBD scanner is such a lifesaver I really want to buy one. If it’s like a RESET button for your Desktop, I WANT IT for my car.

Please anyone using or having some good experience using it? Please suggest.
Long post, but the ordeal was harrowing, but all is well when it ends well.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2023 at 06:43. Reason: Capitalization missing at few places.
thegoldenmonkey is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 08:45   #2534
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmonkey View Post
No error warnings are on Display in the car.
This is surprising since a malfunction of the sensor should make your check engine light come on. I find it very odd that there was an error when you scanned but CEL light.

Now a days you can can get a good blue tooth ODB scanner and install Torque Pro on your phone. You can scan and reset error codes you self.
4x4addict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 09:40   #2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is surprising since a malfunction of the sensor should make your check engine light come on. I find it very odd that there was an error when you scanned but CEL light.

Now a days you can can get a good blue tooth ODB scanner and install Torque Pro on your phone. You can scan and reset error codes you self.
Sorry My Bad, Forgot to mention, the Check Engine Light was on the whole time, during the expedition. The Check engine light was on in the morning when the car is started daily, I was told to ignore the same as it maybe due to cold weather or bad diesel(which was not the case). The light sometimes switched off after warming up the engine.

The light may turn off anytime and turn on any time.

And I feel it is very stupid that just the check engine light turns on.
The intelligent car should at least be able to tell the DRIVER what to check in the engine.
Whats the use of so many sensors?
Towing to the servicecentre for just knowing whats wrong and which can be resolved at sight in such extreme weather and remote locations, is a total waste.

I would like to invest in a good brand compatible with most cars so that can help anyone if need arises.
thegoldenmonkey is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks