Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 07:52   #2506

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post
But since we love our upcoming (or existing for those who have it already) Scorpio N, we wouldn't like to mess with it and thus we wonder how the 360 degree camera experience can be had without messing around. Well let's break it down:
Thank you so much for the details and I am looking to install a 360 degree on my Z4 AT. I recently installed a reverse camera but I have been thinking of 360 since my better half will feel a lot more confident.

One key question is if there is a way to integrate an ON / OFF switch for the camera as I don't want to keep switching the main ICE display in city traffic whenever I use an indicator during turns or lane changes.
Thanks and will wait for your update post installation.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by graaja : 5th May 2023 at 08:16. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 5th May 2023, 10:11   #2507
BHPian

Anyone who has recently taken delivery of Z8 A/T, can you please check and confirm the below:

1. Does Z8 A/T have the 18 inch alloys?
2. Does Z8 model has 6 airbags?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th May 2023, 10:39   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Anyone who has recently taken delivery of Z8 A/T, can you please check and confirm the below:

1. Does Z8 A/T have the 18 inch alloys?
2. Does Z8 model has 6 airbags?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, the brochure clearly mentions both things, highlighted below.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230505-103013.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230505-103601.png  

Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 10:50   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Hi, the brochure clearly mentions both things, highlighted below.
Yes, the brochure clearly mentions that, and I went ahead with my booking based on that only. But at the time of booking, nobody has ever seen a Z8 in person (including the SA), so there was some ambiguity. So thought of checking with someone who has actually taken delivery, and confirm the same.
Old 5th May 2023, 14:39   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Yes, the brochure clearly mentions that, and I went ahead with my booking based on that only. But at the time of booking, nobody has ever seen a Z8 in person (including the SA), so there was some ambiguity. So thought of checking with someone who has actually taken delivery, and confirm the same.
Can confirm on the tyre part. Its an 18 inch alloy of 255/60/R18 on my Z8 AT. Yet to take delivery.

Missed to check the airbags cos I assumed such a thing will surely be there
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:53   #2511
BHPian

UPDATE: The mix-up seems to have happened at the PPF Workshop - link

Updates on my Scorpio N Z8 D MT:

1. The vibration on the dashboard has increased slightly.

2. One very weird thing is out of the 4 doors, only 3 doors have the soft touch leather and front passenger side door has the hard plastic finish which comes in Z4/Z6. I have written to customer care and the sales manager have assured me that it will be fixed. But I am disappointed and to be honest scared a little bit looking at the quality inspections at Mahindra. If they have missed such a visible aspect of the car, what would have happened to some critical parts which are not so visible!

Front driver side door.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2bcfb9bf2d0d4c558155f0ac98f77437.jpeg

Front passenger side door.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-38ffac4b39c541068beedb79d7cbe128.jpeg

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by Sheel : 26th June 2023 at 12:50. Reason: Post edited with updated information. Thanks.
DheerajNK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:56   #2512

Anyone notice ads on the ICE? I started mine and was greeted by this:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20230505_174728.jpg  

blackfox is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 19:55   #2513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
One very weird thing is out of the 4 doors, only 3 doors have the soft touch leather and front passenger side door has the hard plastic finish which comes in Z4/Z6. I have written to customer care and the sales manager have assured me that it will be fixed. But I am disappointed and to be honest scared a little bit looking at the quality inspections at Mahindra. If they have missed such a visible aspect of the car, what would have happened to some critical parts which are not so visible!
Wow, that is a big miss. Looks like they bolted on a Z4/Z6 door to a Z8 vehicle. Does not speak well of the quality systems at M&M which should have prevented this. If my hypothesis is correct, you may want to check other features around the door etc where there is a difference between Z4/Z6 and Z8 - for example, auto up/down windows. You may want to also verify other features such as side airbags, just in case they also used seats from Z4/Z6 in your Z8.

Last edited by graaja : 8th May 2023 at 10:48. Reason: Editing quoted text to the correct post that is intended to be referenced
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 23:31   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathiravansub View Post
Hi,
Got to wait for them to get back with any updates. At least I am happy that it isn't an issue in my cabin.
Hi, did you get any solution from Mahindra team? I am expecting my vehicle shortly and looking for roof carrier. My Sales advisor also mentioned about rattling sound coming from carrier and showed me one removed from one vehicle.
Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 10:15   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
Yes, was highly disappointed. Especially when I had disabled Ads in Settings. Is Mahindra going to give Free Adrenox Subscription if they continue to show Ads, I am not inclined towards them nor do I want them.
iskandariya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:50   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
One very weird thing is out of the 4 doors, only 3 doors have the soft touch leather and front passenger side door has the hard plastic finish which comes in Z4/Z6....to be honest scared a little bit looking at the quality inspections at Mahindra. If they have missed such a visible aspect of the car, what would have happened to some critical parts which are not so visible!
That is scary!!! To think of all the QC steps this managed to escape and the supposed PDIs done by the company and dealer!!! If we can't trust the company for a simple doorpad, how can we trust them with the critical underpinnings. Forgot to put airbags in? Forgot to install ESP/traction control? A critical chassis cross member missing and all it will take would be a good pothole taken at speed. That said, another one to add to the PDI and Checklist of TeamBHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
Welcome to the future.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 14:20   #2517
BHPian

Received this letter after pushing my SA on more details regarding the availability of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on my Z8.

Happy to have some sort of formal commitment, even though no timeline has been provided for the update.

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230506_141730_drive.png  

ask99 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 17:25   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Received this letter after pushing my SA on more details regarding the availability of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on my Z8.

Happy to have some sort of formal commitment, even though no timeline has been provided for the update.
The instrument cluster and infotainment screen setup of Scorpio N is similar to XUV7OO MX variant albeit with some more features. Unfortunately, MX owners had to wait for over 01 year to get Android Auto (wired). This feature has just been rolled out for MX users with a silver box replacement, after so many follow ups and missed commitments(for us the commited date was 31 July 2022). I hope that Scorpio N buyers don't have to go through this ordeal. The only solace here is the additional Adrenox subscription. Nothing of this sort was offered to us

Last edited by StarVector : 6th May 2023 at 17:26. Reason: Typo error corrected
Old 7th May 2023, 22:46   #2519

What is the cost associated with Adrenox subscription in Socrpio-N ?
praveanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 23:20   #2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post

As a Z6 D MT owner, I've got 2 years of adrenox subscription by default.
Attaching the screenshot from subscription manager in the adrenox app for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230507-11.17.58-pm.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks