Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 11:19   #2386
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
Can anyone confirm how many speakers are there in z8 and the audio quality, please?
Z8 variant has 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The audio quality is the same as Z4.
Old 12th April 2023, 11:30   #2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Z8 variant has 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The audio quality is the same as Z4.
Thanks for confirming, are the speakers from Sony?
Old 12th April 2023, 11:42   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm how many speakers are there in z8 and the audio quality, please?
Total 6 speaker setup, sounds decent from what can be made out of YouTube videos.

Last edited by Gaur : 12th April 2023 at 11:48.
Old 12th April 2023, 17:08   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
From what many self proclaimed audiophiles on youtube have stated, even Z8L doesn't come with sony speakers, no branding on speakers. The system is tuned by sony for Z8L. So, lower variants won't have it at all.
Old 12th April 2023, 17:37   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
From what many self proclaimed audiophiles on Youtube have stated, even Z8L doesn't come with sony speakers, no branding on speakers. The system is tuned by sony for Z8L. So, lower variants won't have it at all.
As per website https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...tners/Scorpio2 the whole system is designed and tuned by Sony and it is specifically mentioned that speakers are from Sony.
Old 12th April 2023, 18:31   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
As per website https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...tners/Scorpio2 the whole system is designed and tuned by Sony and it is specifically mentioned that speakers are from Sony.
Yes, but as I told, many youtubers have shown the speakers. Also, there is no branding as such. Installer checked the speaker and said that the speakers are not of very good quality. Tagging one such video for scorpio N. Xuv700 and N both are having similar system. There are other such videos for xuv700, where youtubers go on to tear the paper cones and all. Not linking those videos here as I find that video quite over the top.

rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:11   #2392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are other such videos for xuv700, where Youtubers go on to tear the paper cones and all. Not linking those videos here as I find that video quite over the top.
Tearing through paper cone, showing the size of the speaker magnet etc are popular tricks used in the aftermarket.

Sure there is an audience for a bass heavy system or a very loud system for which an after market job to upgrade everything to handle the output is necessary.

The existing amplifier and speakers are well matched not to mention all the software tech , sounds amazing straight out of the box, most people won't bother with an upgrade at all.

Sony uses paper cone in their $27000 a pair speakers also, it all depends on the use case and what they are trying to achieve with the speaker. Paper cone woofers and silk dome tweeters are popular in the high end audiophile systems.
Kosfactor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:28   #2393

Quote:
Yes, but as I told, many Youtubers have shown the speakers. Also, there is no branding as such. Installer checked the speaker and said that the speakers are not of very good quality. Tagging one such video for scorpio N. Xuv700 and N both are having similar system. There are other such videos for xuv700, where Youtubers go on to tear the paper cones and all. Not linking those videos here as I find that video quite over the top.

https://Youtu.be/k8bzZ-is2OE
No company will risk the reputation and law suits by faking parts.
These so called experts on YouTube fake anything to get a few likes and hits.
mantaray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:40   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Tearing through paper cone, showing the size of the speaker magnet etc are popular tricks used in the aftermarket.

Sure there is an audience for a bass heavy system or a very loud system for which an after market job to upgrade everything to handle the output is necessary.

The existing amplifier and speakers are well matched not to mention all the software tech , sounds amazing straight out of the box, most people won't bother with an upgrade at all
I have always wondered when they tear through the paper cone of OEM supplied speaker then why don't they show/test the speaker they're upgrading too , anyways i am no audiophile but i like to hear good quality music and i would agree that the system in Scorpio and XUV700 sounds good.
Old 12th April 2023, 22:46   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Yes I do believe that these aftermarket youtubers are just showing the tricks and as I mentioned, I too find it just a marketing gimmick.

Quote:
Not linking those videos here as I find that video quite over the top.
However only point I wanted to make is that though it is said to be sony speakers in Z8L, there is no branding on speakers. So, in Lower variant also there will be no sony speakers branding.

Quote:
Old 13th April 2023, 10:19   #2396
BHPian

To all 4Xplor model owners!
My kids keep touching the Terrain Management Knob/4WD switches inadvertently, causing modes to activate while driving. Has anyone found some kind of solution to prevent this? Also, did anyone got the MS underbody protection available on m2all, as the carpet like material provided as underbody guard is of poor quality.
Old 13th April 2023, 11:09   #2397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My kids keep touching the Terrain Management Knob/4WD switches inadvertently, causing modes to activate while driving. Has anyone found some kind of solution to prevent this?
Yes, kids who do not understand things instructed to them yet (they are kids ) should be safely in the rear seat in their own baby / car seat.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 11:23   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yes, kids who do not understand things instructed to them yet (they are kids ) should be safely in the rear seat in their own baby / car seat.
Agreed to the car seat point! However, 6-7 yrs old ones are tall enough to sit buckled up in the co-driver seat, also, even the adults sometimes unknowingly activate the modes since the switch is very sensitive!
Old 13th April 2023, 11:28   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
My kids keep touching the Terrain Management Knob/4WD switches inadvertently, causing modes to activate while driving. Has anyone found some kind of solution to prevent this?
Never experienced yet but kids being kids can do the unthinkable.
Best I could think of now is try a big bottle cap and use it to cover the knob with probably a double site tape on the edges to keep it in place.

From a safety perspective, if not done already - please seat the kids in the rear bench while driving.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 12:46   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
My kids keep touching the Terrain Management Knob/4WD switches inadvertently, causing modes to activate while driving. Has anyone found some kind of solution to prevent this? Also, did anyone got the MS underbody protection available on m2all, as the carpet like material provided as underbody guard is of poor quality.
You can use something like to cover the 4x4 knob
https://www.amazon.in/Extender-Adapt...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
yadavsid21 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks