Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2023, 13:57   #2341
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
ScorpioN has some novelty attached to it somehow. XUV700 is seen everywhere which I feel will not be the case with ScorpioN.
Adding to the above, I picked Scorpio N as this will be the last time the money can buy a brand new ladder frame+4WD+Diesel+AT+under 30L car in our lifetime
atluri_rkc is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 14:53   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Looks like your primary requirement is a comfortable 7 seater. And the XUV would be my choice if I was ferrying passengers (though I own a ScorpioN).

Cheers!
Thanks acquillew for your feedback. Yes, the XUV700 seems to be the one for a more comfortable ride for being ferried around. I do agree with the looks - side by side, the N looks bigger and more intimidating. As for ingress and egress, my parents are OK with the N thanks to the side step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I agree that XUV700 is a more comfortable car and space management is also better. Its obvious as its Mahindra's flagship.

ScorpioN has some novelty attached to it somehow. XUV700 is seen everywhere which I feel will not be the case with ScorpioN. I could be wrong.

Which car to go with depends of each persons requirement.
So true - its a question of individual requirements at the end. The novelty factor with the N makes my heart retain the Scorpio N booking, although my head says long term a petrol 700 would be more comfy for the parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Adding to the above, I picked Scorpio N as this will be the last time the money can buy a brand new ladder frame+4WD+Diesel+AT+under 30L car in our lifetime
Thanks atluri_rkc. I can see where you are coming from. However, I am not an off-roader and nor will this car be driven by myself (for like 95% of time). But take your point thats its sheer VFM, which has always been a massive decision factor for me.

Guess I wll just mull over it for a few more days and then take a final call.
Thank you all.
Old 21st March 2023, 08:08   #2343

Dear BHPians,

Thanks for the clarifications on my query in this thread. I have decided to go with the Scorpio N. Now the only question remains is that is it worth going for Z8 2WD or Z4 4WD?

I am not an off roader but would very rarely go off track for my birding but I have been doing that in my Duster AWD all these years.

Since Scorpio N 2WD is a rear wheel drive, I was of the opinion it can handle that. Both the variants are around 22 Lacs but yes Z4+4WD has a bit if a waiting period and does not come with the creature comforts the Z8+2WD offers.

Do share me your thoughts. Thanks in Advance.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:01   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
Thanks a lot @mukeshc18. I will definitely call him and confirm this.
Were you able to follow on this. I have booked 700 but they have booked wrong color and it is still not corrected after 4 days .
Old 21st March 2023, 14:09   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakumar View Post
Dear BHPians,
but yes Z4+4WD has a bit if a waiting period and does not come with the creature comforts the Z8+2WD offers.
In fact, its the opposite for waiting period. Only Z8*L* is available. The production of Z8 has not even started and there is no official confirmation from Mahindra if it will start in the next few months too. Just rumors by Youtubers. Z4+WD has been delivered to a few people it seems. Of course Z8 does offer more creature comforts including an AT that's just not available with Z4+4WD if that's a deciding factor.
Old 27th March 2023, 07:45   #2346

Last Saturday I went to the dealer's yard to check my Z8L 4WD AT White BS6.2. One thing I noticed that the tires are of Apollo Apterra H/T2. My impression was that the top model used to get MRF Wanderer A/S. Most probably this is a cost cutting measure from Mahindra. Fellow members can shed some light on this point.
Thanks!
Old 27th March 2023, 11:36   #2347
BHPian

Has anyone here been able to find/install rolling window curtains without drilling holes? With summer already here, I wanted to install these curtains but all the online postings of these options are not clear whether they are meant for classic version or N version?
Old 27th March 2023, 22:02   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
In fact, its the opposite for waiting period. Only Z8*L* is available. The production of Z8 has not even started and there is no official confirmation from Mahindra if it will start in the next few months too. Just rumors by Youtubers. Z4+WD has been delivered to a few people it seems. Of course Z8 does offer more creature comforts including an AT that's just not available with Z4+4WD if that's a deciding factor.
I doubt that. I had a launch booking of z8 4WD and dealer was about to deliver it in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
Hello folks! I made the booking of Scorpio n Z6(introductory price) with my contact number and email id. But I want the registration to be done on my father’s name to get the benefit of NCB of our previous car. So is it possible?
It’s possible for any blood relative, immaterial of
Their address. You can transfer it to your brother or sister too.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th March 2023 at 17:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 28th March 2023, 14:26   #2349
BHPian

I installed wolfbox g840s on my Z8L, mounted it on top of the rear view mirror, but due to budget quality of rear view mirror, dashcam rattles quite a lot. Any suggestions to secure the mirror or dashcam?
Old 28th March 2023, 23:02   #2350
BHPian

Thinking to Install Rogerhub Buffer in my N to increase the ground clearance. Rogerhub claims that ground clearance gets increased by 20-30 mm.
This Machine has such a great capabilities with brilliant traction control , MLD and BLD but low ground clearance crops it's capabilities. If anyone has any experience with Buffer, will be helpful.
Old 29th March 2023, 16:01   #2351

Got my 2nd service 10k kms done. Bill came up to around 6500 with DEF topup of 6 ltr. With software update the cameras dont lag anymore and Android auto disconnect is contained a lot. (1 out of 10times now). Getting my speedi console replaced under warranty as a crack started forming on it.

Overall the machine has been very capable. Tackling bad state highways has been a breeze and with cruise on at 85kmph for couple of hours was getting 20+kmpl on the display and 18+ as per adrenox. Tankfull method also gives close results. Without cruise and if you are not keeping an eye on speed, it is very easy to cross 120 and not realise it.
blackfox is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 06:27   #2352
BHPian

Hello all, I need your advice regarding my next purchase. I have travelled solo to almost all places in India with Interceptor and Himalayan. We have a daughter who will be 7 this year and I plan to travel with family to Ladakh next year. Therefore I need a capable vehicle (Preferably an SUV, which will also double as my city and work related travel).

Currently I have a S Cross 1.3 (2015), running at 75,000 km. I have maintained the vehicle well and do not have much issue with it. Future expenses are clutch work and change of brake pads (which was not required till date).

I have shortlisted Scorpio N (Z8 4WD Automatic, waiting time is about 5 - 6 months), upcoming Jimny (Alpha, Automatic) & upcoming 5 door Thar.

I have already taken a 5 Km test ride of Scorpio N (Z8L 4WD Automatic) and all of us including my wife are happy with the vehicle. Will take a test ride of Jimny whenever it is available. Should I consider any other vehicle / wait for 5 door Thar?
Old 30th March 2023, 10:58   #2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post

I have already taken a 5 Km test ride of Scorpio N (Z8L 4WD Automatic) and all of us including my wife are happy with the vehicle. Will take a test ride of Jimny whenever it is available. Should I consider any other vehicle / wait for 5 door Thar?
Overall comfort of the N would be better than the thar, while the latter is more capable in offread conditions.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th March 2023 at 12:25. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
blackfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 11:16   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I have shortlisted Scorpio N (Z8 4WD Automatic, waiting time is about 5 - 6 months), upcoming Jimny (Alpha, Automatic) & upcoming 5 door Thar.
Given your use case (a family-friendly tourer doubling up as daily drive), Jimny or Thar (with any no. of doors) do not come even close to the Scorpio-N in any aspect. Go ahead with Scorpio-N - it will keep you and your family happy for a long time. Also try the XUV 7OO AWD once, you might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th March 2023 at 11:17.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 16:45   #2355
BHPian

Guys, is anyone using a 12v socket extender for the N. Something like this?
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230401_164329_amazon.jpg

How long should the extension cable be so that it can reach near the USB port (conventionally where the front 12v charging socket is located).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks