Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 11:42   #2326
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Mahindra overproduced Z8L's while keeping others waiting for lower variants.
Echo your thoughts. I drove 700 and Scorpio-N back to back and could feel the driving difference.

Z8L price does not justify at all.

One question, does Scorpio-N has better 2nd row seating compared to 700. My wife felt it, though I did not get the chance to check that.
Old 14th March 2023, 12:56   #2327

Hello folks! I made the booking of Scorpio n Z6(introductory price) with my contact number and email id. But I want the registration to be done on my father’s name to get the benefit of NCB of our previous car. So is it possible?
Sy00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 14:01   #2328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathiravansub View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I got the answer from Mahindra service center. They did test drive and told me that the sound is coming from roof carrier that I bought from them. Without the carrier, it didn't give whistling sound. That carrier is an approved accessory installed by their team. I asked them to remove the carrier and send the vehicle to test myself. And yes, there was no noise.

Now they told me that they reached out to Mahindra engg team to see how to arrest this noise...

Got to wait for them to get back with any updates. At least I am happy that it isn't an issue in my cabin.
I have the same issue in my car. I have arrested it to a large extent by tying bungee cord in a spiral pattern. I don't hear any whistle with sunroof curtain closed, and a light whistle with curtain open between 70-100 kmph.
Compared to earlier, when it used to whistle uncomfortably loud at 60 kmph even with curtains closed.
Attaching pics for reference.

Do let us know what the Mahindra Engg. team responds.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230314-1.24.09-pm.jpeg
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230314-1.24.10-pm.jpeg
Lego28 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 15:53   #2329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
Echo your thoughts. I drove 700 and Scorpio-N back to back and could feel the driving difference.

Z8L price does not justify at all.

One question, does Scorpio-N has better 2nd row seating compared to 700. My wife felt it, though I did not get the chance to check that.
XUV7OO is the superior vehicle no doubt, seating wise Scorpio`s second row is taller so those who are a bit taller and healthier may prefer that seating however both of them are comfortable, nothing really to choose between them.

Did you check what all are you getting between mechanically similar Z8 and Z8L? Have a detailed look, they cannot be replicated aftermarket easily or if possible at all. For that price, its not a bother at all - if you have Z8 in your mind, stretch and get the Z8L, you`ll not regret it.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:25   #2330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
Hello folks! I made the booking of Scorpio n Z6(introductory price) with my contact number and email id. But I want the registration to be done on my father’s name to get the benefit of NCB of our previous car. So is it possible?
That shouldn't be a problem if residence address is the same.
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:27   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Folks in Bangalore who are waiting for car delivery, may want to check with dealers. Today, I went to test drive XUV700 and scorpio N. SA confirmed few Scorpio N in the stock readily available.
Hi Mukesh, am not able to PM you, could you please let me know which dealer has ready stock and if you can help me with the Sales Advisor number ? I had booked mine on Aug 1st 2022 and still waiting for the delivery.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 14th March 2023, 18:46   #2332

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
That shouldn't be a problem if residence address is the same.
Yes the residence address is same. I am just hoping for a smooth and hassle free delivery experience from Mahindra dealership as this is going to be the first Mahindra product in the family. Btw Thanks for your response.
Sy00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 19:15   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi Mukesh, am not able to PM you, could you please let me know which dealer has ready stock and if you can help me with the Sales Advisor number ? I had booked mine on Aug 1st 2022 and still waiting for the delivery.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Please connect with +91 77605 26111 (Kumar) from PPS Mahindra. He should be able to confirm the exact details.
mukeshc18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:04   #2334

Quote:
Please connect with +91 77605 26111 (Kumar) from PPS Mahindra. He should be able to confirm the exact details.
Thanks a lot @mukeshc18. I will definitely call him and confirm this.
Old 14th March 2023, 23:21   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
I asked showroom ppl a similar question when I booked Scorpio N. There will not be any issue within the family (father, brother, wife... ), but if the billing is to be done on cousins/friends name, you'll have to make a fresh booking.
Old 15th March 2023, 01:47   #2336
BHPian

Mahindra Launching ScorpioN in Australia in April

After South Africa, M&M is launching the ScorpioN in Australia as well. Here is a teaser posted by Mahindra Australia for the same.

Great to see Indian brands like Mahindra competing and launching their products in developed international markets like SA & Australia; as for the Indian consumers this means that the models offered in India will also become of better quality/fit-finish with time with both the safety & comfort equipments being equivalent to that of international standards.

Regards,
Shrey
Shrey1230 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 18:07   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post

Mahindra Launching ScorpioN in Australia in April

https://Youtu.be/25BIr0NKCeI

After South Africa
On that note, been following the South African response to the Scorpio N and they seem quite impressed with the vehicle and moreso by the value provided. Have a look see at https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-New-Scorpio-N for some good initial discussion and first impressions of the Scoprio N in a foreign market.

Also, Mahindra has definitely kicked up their marketing by a few notches in the last few years. Some good videos produced and uploaded on YouTube where they take on some of the renowned trails in South Africa.

No. 1 of the series here...

Can't wait to see what tests and expeditions the Aussies put the Scorpio N through. Becoming more and more clear that Mahindra has put out a very mechanically capable vehicle.
ask99 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:19   #2338
BHPian

Dear fellow BHpians, I am in a bit of dilemma - unsure whether I should keep my current Z6 booking or switch over to XUV700 AX3 Diesel/AX5 Petrol and would be grateful to receive your feedback and suggestions. Let me explain.

I initially went for the Z6 because of the sheer VFM it offered - I needed a safe and comfortable 7 seater (occasional 7 seater use when my kids use it) that would primarily ferry around my parents (both non-drivers). It came with ESP (an absolute must for me), 5* rating (another must have) and I managed to get it with the introductory pricing. Expected annual mileage below 10K.

Didn't consider XUV700 at that point since ESP was only offered in the higher AX7/L variants and I didn't have the budget to stretch that far. So far so good.

Two things changed since then which has prompted this re-look:
1. ESP offered as optional extra on lower XUV 700 variants
2. Have the budget to stretch by another 3-4 lacs .

Positives for Scorpio N Z6:
1.Guaranteed delivery for when I need it (Aug '23)
2. Butch looks and minimal electronics compared to XUV700
3. Cheaper by 3-4 lacs vis-a-vis XUV700

Positives for XUV700:
1. Better space management, esp for 3rd row with 50:50 fold
2. ESP now available in AX3 Diesel and AX5 Petrol
3. Budget available to go for AX5 Petrol and avoid DPF related worries - our drive will be occasional but when driven, it will mostly be on highways. So the car would be sitting idle for 4-5 days in a week and see some highway runs of ~150 odd kms the other days.
4. More comfort for 2nd row passengers being monocoque

What I dont know is which of the two is relatively niggle free? Would it be fair to assume that most of the initial niggles in the XUV have now been sorted?
Also, my SA has guaranteed delivery of either AX3/AX5 by Aug if I were to book now.

Need your help. Thank you.
Old 17th March 2023, 08:28   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Dear fellow BHpians, I am in a bit of dilemma - unsure whether I should keep my current Z6 booking or switch over to XUV700 AX3 Diesel/AX5 Petrol and would be grateful to receive your feedback and suggestions. Let me explain.

What I dont know is which of the two is relatively niggle free? Would it be fair to assume that most of the initial niggles in the XUV have now been sorted?
Also, my SA has guaranteed delivery of either AX3/AX5 by Aug if I were to book now.

Need your help. Thank you.
Looks like your primary requirement is a comfortable 7 seater. And the XUV would be my choice if I was ferrying passengers (though I own a ScorpioN). When you look at them sitting side by side, the N can be a little intimidating when compared to the XUV, but the 700 is no slouch in looks compared to the N. I have driven my Scorpio for 10000 km and I find it comfortable for short and long drives, but the XUV is a little better in terms of comfort and the luxurious cabin. One point strongly in favour of the XUV700 would be the easy getting in and out of the vehicle when compared to the N. In the N, you have to climb in and out.

Niggle free? Well, it depends. I have had the N for 5 months and 10000 km, and have not seen any of the niggles reported for the N by fellow members - but I guess I have been lucky that way. The XUV has now been in the market for some time and should be a better choice if you are alooking for a niggle free car.

Cheers!
acquillew is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 12:08   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
I agree that XUV700 is a more comfortable car and space management is also better. Its obvious as its Mahindra's flagship.

ScorpioN has some novelty attached to it somehow. XUV700 is seen everywhere which I feel will not be the case with ScorpioN. I could be wrong.

Which car to go with depends of each persons requirement. In my case I booked ScorpioN because I felt I was getting more at that price point and will not be using 3rd seat often or carry huge amounts of luggage most of the time.

In the end, you need to ask your question to yourself
Nightmare is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed