Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 21:42   #2221
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 1
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, please share your review on high speed stability of the vehicle. Here is a YT review where owner is saying ScorpioN is unstable over 120 KMPH.

https://Youtu.be/lss9nTQ5aeE
I dont think so. It's quite stable and also noise level is under control till 140s. However after crossing 140, the passengers start feeling the speed due to the roaring of engine though the vehicle remains stable.
Kathiravansub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 23:14   #2222
BHPian
 
rahulya007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thane, Mumbai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 325 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Guys, has anyone configured Alexa Echo to start the N with voice command, the way Pratap Bose showed in the ad ? A you-tuber Jojo Wheelie has also done similar thing with XUV700 in a showroom.

If anyone has done so, pls. Share steps and what apps are required apart from Alexa app on phone

Regards,
rahulya007 is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 12:31   #2223
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Guys, has anyone configured Alexa Echo to start the N with voice command, the way Pratap Bose showed in the ad ? A you-tuber Jojo Wheelie has also done similar thing with XUV700 in a showroom.

If anyone has done so, pls. Share steps and what apps are required apart from Alexa app on phone

Regards,
Check out this video below. At around 2:10, he shows remote start. Not sure if this if what you are looking for but thought of sharing.

Nightmare is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 22:08   #2224
BHPian
 
rahulya007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thane, Mumbai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 325 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Check out this video below. At around 2:10, he shows remote start. Not sure if this if what you are looking for but thought of sharing.
I actually found out the solution that night itself. You need to login to Adrenox and map your Alexa account with it. Once this is done, Alexa opens Mahindra Skills app and then you can directly use your voice commands to start/stop your vehicle via alexa.
There are various commands which will show on the skills app which you can try.
rahulya007 is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 23:30   #2225
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I actually found out the solution that night itself. You need to login to Adrenox and map your Alexa account with it. Once this is done, Alexa opens Mahindra Skills app and then you can directly use your voice commands to start/stop your vehicle via alexa.
There are various commands which will show on the skills app which you can try.
For some reason I don't see a big advantage of using Alexa to start/stop a car. I order to do this, one needs to be inside the car or very near it otherwise voice will not be heard. Other commands definitely have their use.

For starting or stopping the car, I feel the option shown in shared video makes more sense and is practical.

But that is just my opinion
Nightmare is offline  
Old 28th January 2023, 10:08   #2226
BHPian
 
rahulya007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thane, Mumbai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
For some reason I don't see a big advantage of using Alexa to start/stop a car. I order to do this, one needs to be inside the car or very near it otherwise voice will not be heard. Other commands definitely have their use.

For starting or stopping the car, I feel the option shown in shared video makes more sense and is practical.

But that is just my opinion
Bro, with voice command you can start the car sitting at home or for that matter sitting anywhere in the world as far as it is connected to internet, you need to install alexa on your phone or you can also use the amazon echo speaker configured through the mobile app. Though it may not be the most convenient method but since the feature is there, i just configured it. Adrenox is better as it works without voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
@vinbie2019 You asked about Wolfbox dashcam installation. I am replying in this thread so that it may help others who face a similar issue also, I cannot upload pictures in private replies to "show" you pictures that might be of great help.

The car dealer saying that dash cams cannot be installed because of airbags is not true at all. I know a few others also who have installed Wolfbox dashcams. The wires don't go anywhere near the airbags at all.

I got it done by a local car decor guy. The Wolfbox distributor is a very very helpful guy named Sarthak. He will help you right through all steps. If you are based in either Hyderabad, Pune, or Trivandrum, I can even tell you where to go to get it installed.

Do let me know what help you need with regard to installing it. I am attaching some pictures for your reference.

Look at the clarity and notice the time on the right side
Even i got the wolfbox i07 triple cam dashcam and also the hardwire kit. Sarthak has been really helpful during the ordering process. I am yet to install the cam but looking at the diagram you posted, you seem to have used the sunroof 20A fuse location for the yellow wire which you could have plugged in the 15A power socket location next to the ACC fuse.

Any specific reason for using the sunroof fuse ? Did you not think of fuse adapters to accommodate the oem fuse of sunroof along with the additional one for cam ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-5bafd33a3daf4012a0cc308ffc8fa6ff.jpeg  


Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2023 at 21:22. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 11:42   #2227
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 3,016
Thanked: 8,368 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I actually found out the solution that night itself. You need to login to Adrenox and map your Alexa account with it. Once this is done, Alexa opens Mahindra Skills app and then you can directly use your voice commands to start/stop your vehicle via alexa.
There are various commands which will show on the skills app which you can try.
A screenshot of the Alexa app from the phone for reference.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230128113729408_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 18:54   #2228
BHPian
 
krinpit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 77
Thanked: 120 Times
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Reaching out to all the existing owners of Scorpio-N to quantify your experience with the vehicle so far.

Please mention your model and "how likely is it that you would buy it again"
(1 = Least Likely.........3 = Neutral.........5 = Most Likely)

Example: Z8L M 2WD, 4

Thanks in advance
krinpit is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks