Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2023, 22:08   #2221
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Check out this video below. At around 2:10, he shows remote start. Not sure if this if what you are looking for but thought of sharing.
I actually found out the solution that night itself. You need to login to Adrenox and map your Alexa account with it. Once this is done, Alexa opens Mahindra Skills app and then you can directly use your voice commands to start/stop your vehicle via alexa.
There are various commands which will show on the skills app which you can try.
Old 27th January 2023, 23:30   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I actually found out the solution that night itself. You need to login to Adrenox and map your Alexa account with it. Once this is done, Alexa opens Mahindra Skills app and then you can directly use your voice commands to start/stop your vehicle via alexa.
For some reason I don't see a big advantage of using Alexa to start/stop a car. I order to do this, one needs to be inside the car or very near it otherwise voice will not be heard. Other commands definitely have their use.

For starting or stopping the car, I feel the option shown in shared video makes more sense and is practical.

But that is just my opinion
Old 28th January 2023, 10:08   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
For some reason I don't see a big advantage of using Alexa to start/stop a car. I order to do this, one needs to be inside the car or very near it otherwise voice will not be heard. Other commands definitely have their use.

For starting or stopping the car, I feel the option shown in shared video makes more sense and is practical.

But that is just my opinion
Bro, with voice command you can start the car sitting at home or for that matter sitting anywhere in the world as far as it is connected to internet, you need to install alexa on your phone or you can also use the amazon echo speaker configured through the mobile app. Though it may not be the most convenient method but since the feature is there, i just configured it. Adrenox is better as it works without voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
@vinbie2019 You asked about Wolfbox dashcam installation. I am replying in this thread so that it may help others who face a similar issue also, I cannot upload pictures in private replies to "show" you pictures that might be of great help.

The car dealer saying that dash cams cannot be installed because of airbags is not true at all. I know a few others also who have installed Wolfbox dashcams. The wires don't go anywhere near the airbags at all.

I got it done by a local car decor guy. The Wolfbox distributor is a very very helpful guy named Sarthak. He will help you right through all steps. If you are based in either Hyderabad, Pune, or Trivandrum, I can even tell you where to go to get it installed.

Do let me know what help you need with regard to installing it. I am attaching some pictures for your reference.

Look at the clarity and notice the time on the right side
Even i got the wolfbox i07 triple cam dashcam and also the hardwire kit. Sarthak has been really helpful during the ordering process. I am yet to install the cam but looking at the diagram you posted, you seem to have used the sunroof 20A fuse location for the yellow wire which you could have plugged in the 15A power socket location next to the ACC fuse.

Any specific reason for using the sunroof fuse ? Did you not think of fuse adapters to accommodate the oem fuse of sunroof along with the additional one for cam ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-5bafd33a3daf4012a0cc308ffc8fa6ff.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2023 at 21:22. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 11:42   #2224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
A screenshot of the Alexa app from the phone for reference.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230128113729408_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 18:06   #2225

I couldnt get the alexa linking to work. It either asks me to login to Mahindra ( which doesnt work) or throw an error from alexa.
Old 31st January 2023, 08:48   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

A question to the Z4 owners.In several YT videos, when showing the infotainment screen, an option called Ecosense is shown, where you can see how economically you are driving etc. This feature isn't shown in my Z4 AT. Am I missing something here, or is this feature recently added through update? Has anyone got their firmware updated during service?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230131-084603.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230131-084535.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230131-084514.jpg
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 14:08   #2227
BHPian

Ecosense is only available in MT. This has been so from XUV 5OO days.
krish3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:17   #2228
BHPian

Just wanted to report 1 month update after taking delivery of Z8L Petrol. Currently 2545 kms in odo
1. Android Auto Connectivity Issue: Still happens, but followed service person advise to keep atleast three device paired in the devices list. So frequency reduced. Please do not ask me for the logic behind it. I have no clue.
2. I have applied a 200 micron PPF from dealer, Etios taxi right rear view mirror scratched against left passenger door today. Though the PPF has only bruises, that with heat it will heal, but running my finger back and forth slowly, i can feel three small dents underneath. Thickness of PPF really helped, highly recommend PPF, if anyone on fence considering the initial cost.
3. Mileage in Bangalore outer ring road traffic stabilised at 7.7 kmpl in bad and moderate traffic conditions. I hope when engine settles, hoping it will go up to 8.7 kmpl. But being very gentle on throttle.
vinbie2019 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 21:42   #2229

Could someone pls help me know if apple car play is available anytime soon for the Z8L variants ? Asked the question earlier to no avail. The native infotainment is pretty erratic and laggy. and I was banking on the apple car play to avoid the same.
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:13   #2230
BHPian

A number of YouTube videos are claiming commencement of Z6 deliveries. Anyone in TBhp has got it?
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:19   #2231
BHPian

In hindsight, I think there should have been Petrol 4WD as well. I have no idea why this disparity and incomplete options everywhere.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:29   #2232
BHPian

Saw some fellow on youtube use 285/60/R18 Yokohama A/Ts and he claims there's no rubbing.

How true is it?

Planning to book mine in November/December and would definitely want to get better shoes.
Old 5th February 2023, 07:45   #2233

My N's CPD as per Mahindra's portal has always been 19th Mar-18th Apr 2023
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230205-7.40.23-am.png

Where as the sales exec had given Feb 17th a month ago and changed it to Apr 17th all of a sudden. I wonder, if this has happened only with me or if any of you have faced this and what is the reason given for the postponed CPD?
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230205-7.41.46-am.png
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230205-7.41.55-am.png
Old 5th February 2023, 10:17   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
In hindsight, I think there should have been Petrol 4WD as well. I have no idea why this disparity and incomplete options everywhere.
I'm with you on this but it makes little business sense. As it is, a heavy SUV like the Scorpio N returns abysmally low FE on a petrol mill. Needless to say, it will be even lower with the 4wd hardware added. One can imagine the no. of takers for it.

That said, I'm glad they offered the new Thar with petrol/4wd combination.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 13:43   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
My N's CPD as per Mahindra's portal has always been 19th Mar-18th Apr 2023
My car delivery date was always 8Mar - 8April and today when I reached out to the dealer they said CPD date is 2nd April.

I also have my booking from the same dealer as yours and variant is also same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks