Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 17:30   #2101
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
At launch people like me booked the Z6 over Z4 mainly for Andernox and Drive modes. The other additional feature in Z6 is sunroof and larger meter console.

Given that Z4 already has drive modes, I hope Mahindra does something to justify the 1L+ premium over Z6.
Think the Z6 also has built-in navigation over the Z4, if that matters. Plus ESC is offered as standard in Z6 whereas in Z4 its reserved for AT variant which is more expensive than the Z6 MT. I went for the Z6 because of the introductory price protection and seemed more VFM. But the differences are minimal, I agree.

Last edited by akannath : 19th December 2022 at 17:35.
akannath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 19:58   #2102
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Z4. Had a pretty seemless experience with Dee Emm Gurgaon (Atul Kataria Chowk). Never demanded any payment prior to PDI. Arranged for delivery the very next day and handled everything well. The car is huge and I will definitely need reverse parking camera asap! Upgraded tyres to 18inch, got rear bumper protector, mud flaps, side protectors and 7D mats. Fog lamps not yet available but they expect them to be available in another 10-15 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20221219_171341.jpg  

rodeoz is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 20:23   #2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Finally took delivery of my Z4. Had a pretty seemless experience with Dee Emm Gurgaon (Atul Kataria Chowk). Never demanded any payment prior to PDI. Arranged for delivery the very next day and handled everything well. The car is huge and I will definitely need reverse parking camera asap! Upgraded tyres to 18inch
Did you bought the alloys from dealer itself or swapped from an existing Z8L customer?

Are the tyres stock 255 or other?
Old 19th December 2022, 20:49   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
Did you bought the alloys from dealer itself or swapped from an existing Z8L customer?

Are the tyres stock 255 or other?
Stock tyres. Alloys and tyres purchased from the dealer itself.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 21:20   #2105

First service report for Z8L AT

Was facing the following issues, and the corresponding response as below:
1. Loud brake noise when shifting from P to D, or N to R or R to N/D
SA says this is normal and will go away after few KM. I remember a post mentioning another user facing the issue, and we have to press the brake hard before changing from P. I tried the workaround, but no luck.
2. second row seat was not tumbling
this was fixed
3. TPMS light used to blink and remain on when i cross 80 kmph.
SA mentioned that the auto learn should be enabled and, he has enabled that and should not be a problem. yet to check the fix.

Now after service I noticed that the right seq turn indicator was not working. the one in the front. it was blinking rapidly. was fine before I gave for servicing. Had to take the vehicle again to the service station next day and they asked if I had a water wash done, which I had not. They removed the headlight assembly to check for water and finally agreed to replace under warranty. Apparently the whole headlight assembly has to be replaced for an indicator. Bad design. Imagine the cost when your warranty expires.

SA had told part may not be there, but suddenly calls me today and says part has arrived.

Workshop: Anant cars Blr.

BTW, is there a scorpio-N issues and solutions thread ?
Old 20th December 2022, 10:46   #2106
BHPian

Can anyone please confirm whether the Z8 version has only 4 speakers whereas the Z8L version has 12 speakers? Also, since Z4 deliveries have already started, is there any review of the audio quality?
Old 20th December 2022, 17:03   #2107
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
Coincidentally, today morning I got a call from the dealership to confirm if I intend to accept the delivery. So expecting my N before mid-Jan
SA called and said my Z4 is billed VIN is N6M*****. Call from dealership for confirmation was on 12th.

They want to invoice the vehicle before December end so he asked to pay 1-2 lakhs by 30th Dec. I am completely ok with it given the ordeals that others have faced recently. He also said if it is billed in 2023 then the price will increase by 20-30k. Perhaps the new GST rule or a price hike which will reflect in road tax, I didn't bother to ask further. So far, he has been very helpful and responsive.
Old 21st December 2022, 11:18   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scorpio N - Horn Latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I test-drove a Scorpio N recently. Not getting into the details of the drive, but one thing I specifically noticed is the latency of the horn.

There is a noticeable delay for the horn to start sounding after you press the horn pad. In my cars, it is instant - you press the horn pad, and you get the sound right then and there.

This can be annoying, and sometimes a safety issue as well, given the fact that honking is our way of life - we need that device to avert accidents.
Roll down the driver side window, stand outside the vehicle and try this again please.

There is a bit of round off happening as the horn comes on (same with XUV7OO), its not brash like a normal trumpet horn running on simple relays. I noticed this first while driving a BMW. I think there is some sort of switching or modulation happening using the BCM based on certain parameters.
Old 21st December 2022, 13:01   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Roll down the driver side window, stand outside the vehicle and try this again please.

There is a bit of round off happening as the horn comes on (same with XUV7OO), its not brash like a normal trumpet horn running on simple relays. I noticed this first while driving a BMW. I think there is some sort of switching or modulation happening using the BCM based on certain parameters.
There is definitely a delay for the horn to start sounding after one presses the horn pad. And because of this, one can't do two quick short chirps as well. This has been tried out multiple times by a couple of guys when we test-drove the car. For me, this delay is well over an acceptable limit. This is because I am used to very short chirps of the horn so that I don't annoy anyone. I couldn't do it on a Scorpio-N.

This has been also reported by another BHP-ian here (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review). He confirms that he noticed the same issue on an XUV-7OO too.

Try to honk like this in a Scorpio-N:

As of now, it is impossible.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st December 2022 at 13:06.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 13:18   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Try to honk like this in a Scorpio-N:

As of now, it is impossible.
In cars with this sort of set up, it will be more of a beep-beep than a pip-pip. I am not saying it is a good thing, I am sharing what I have observed - It would not annoy me as such on a vehicle like this, it will clear the road on its own most of the times.

I do not know why such complication for a horn - especially in this car where the owners are going to swap it for two pairs of Roots Megasonic anyways.

Probably because the horn is used in different intensities for things like Tyre inflation assist, key reminder or ignition reminder, door open alarm etc or just plain trying to make it sound better.

Even new Thar IIRC utilizes the horn in low intensity for things like ignition reminder, which is nice. It is very annoying to hear full horn blast for just a door lock or unlock sequence like some of the entry level vehicles.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 19:04   #2111
BHPian

I have drove my Scorpio N for almost 1300 kms and yesterday I discovered an issue with the Automatic climate control.
When the AC and Fan are off, I can’t toggle the Air recirculation (If AC/Fan is off then air recalculation will be enabled). If I want to allow outside air then either I have to turn on the Fan or the AC.

This is a big concern for me as I am planning to sleep in the vehicle in overlanding trips.

Have you noticed the same?
Old 21st December 2022, 19:30   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is definitely a delay for the horn to start sounding after one presses the horn pad. And because of this, one can't do two quick short chirps as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel View Post
True. There is a noticeable delay and it is irritating. I have the habit of two short honks with a very short pause in between. On the Scorpio N, it comes as a single honk. While the first honk starts late, the pause is completely missing making it a single honk(capacitors in horn circuit?). I think I noticed this on Xuv700 too.
Just a wild guess. I think the steering wheel horn switch circuit might also be routed through the body control module/computer or sorts and not direct to horn with a relay.

For vehicles with only the horn as the only alarm sounding device it is usual for horn to be connected to BCM but I always thought/expected the steering horn pad switch to horn connection to be direct to horn using a relay without BCM interference.

If its indeed the BCM induced delay it will probably need a software update to fix it. Hopefully not a BCM change.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 09:42   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can anyone please confirm whether the Z8 version has only 4 speakers whereas the Z8L version has 12 speakers? Also, since Z4 deliveries have already started, is there any review of the audio quality?
Sound quality in Z4 is decent. From the factory the bass is set to maximum. Had to adjust the sound settings to get decent output.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:29   #2114
BHPian

The Z4 infotainment system is the same as that of Thar. Apple CarPlay is activated in Z4 but not yet in Z8L.
Source:

Last edited by naru80 : 22nd December 2022 at 10:51.
Old 22nd December 2022, 11:38   #2115
BHPian

Delivery
Took delivery of my Forest Green RWD Z8L Petrol yesterday.
Overall dealership experience was best compared to all my car purchases in past. Sireesh Automobiles Yelahanka staff made us feel special and all our needs taken care and spent quality time explaining documents, servicing, features, app, etc. In fact they were quite busy yesterday owing to auspicious time and day, still kept their smile and engaged us.
Rating 5/5
Handing over
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-smileyfaces.jpg

Pooja
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20221221_200051.jpeg

First Drive:
Did a long drive till KIA toll gate in elevated highway with 6 adults. It is pure pleasure and reassures it is a driver's car. Almost never felt lack of power. Car is installed with integrated roof carrier, that gives irritating sound in speeds over 80 with cross winds, which is expected as i had similar experience in a Audi Q5 with roof rack. Respect in road amongst innovas and tempo travellers. Coming from Ignis, it takes a second or so to take it.
Rating 5/5

Observations:
1. My Samsung S22 was heating up to uncomfortable levels when paired wirelessly.
2. Adrenox app is irritating with lot many notifications. I like to keep my phone silent.
3. As many mentioned in this thread, it is miles ahead of previous avatar Scorpio, but do not compare to XUV 700 or other monocoque SUVs.
4. Did not feel much difference in ride quality with 3 people or 6 people. which is a good thing.
5. First experience owning a 25+ lakhs car, all gadgetry looks overwhelming. I can't complain the backup cameras or music quality. But still miss 360 camera, it takes few tries to park in apartment basement.
vinbie2019 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks