Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 16:12   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Mahindra has started dispatches and customer deliveries of the Scorpio-N Z4 variant.

Name:  20221207025307_Scorpio N Z4 trim.jpg
Views: 2529
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  20221207025343_Scorpio N Z4 trim _1_.jpg
Views: 2868
Size:  87.8 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th December 2022 at 16:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:55   #2027
BHPian

I just noticed in the brochure that the lower variants of Scorpio with Diesel engine tuned to give a lower output is equipped with a Hydraulic power steering. So, is the driving feel vastly different from the electric steering. Is it better or worse?

If anyone has driven both, please share your thoughts and experience.
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 19:59   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
I just noticed in the brochure that the lower variants of Scorpio with Diesel engine tuned to give a lower output is equipped with a Hydraulic power steering. So, is the driving feel vastly different from the electric steering. Is it better or worse?

If anyone has driven both, please share your thoughts and experience.
The lower variants are not available for test drive on showrooms but there was Z2 variant given for minor test drive by Mahindra during promotion few months back. Haven't seen any video giving any feedback on hydraulic steering but it should surely be heavier than electric. Also, hydraulic steering is given on lower diesel variants only i.e. Z2 and Z4 with 97kW power. Z4 4WD model gets electric steering and so does all petrol models.
rahulba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 06:24   #2029

Anyone waiting for a Scorpio N delivery in Delhi NCR must contact the local dealers. I believe the wait time shown on Mahindra’s website is a gimmick. A close friend had delivery date of Apr/Mar 2023 and when contacted the dealer they had the same configuration readily available for delivery. Z8L Petrol MT 6 seater, PDI and delivery done in 3 days.

Dee-Em Mahindra dealer has a Z8L Petrol AT- Black in stock and I believe even Koncept Delhi has Z8L available for ready delivery.

Posting a few pictures of the beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-ca230abd3daf4edebcbf6a57fe397e12.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-bb2be0c09e2c4b4ebb9ac034648e8d14.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-1c2bd820a1b544589f851b927d93b2e3.jpeg  

RaiVW is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:00   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
ESC available as optional in Z2 and Z4 MT variants as per brochure in Mahindra website.

Double checked the brochure to make sure. Earlier only the 4x4 and automatic variants of Z4 had ESP.

Hats off to Mahindra and pretty cool for them to give ESP as optional in even the Z2 variant. Such a life saver in a high CG vehicle.

Hope they do the same to XUV700.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:12   #2031
BHPian

Is there a difference in ground clearance values between 17-inch and 18-inch wheels?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 17:42   #2032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
So, is the driving feel vastly different from the electric steering. Is it better or worse?
In general Scorpio steering will be light - a little vague at the center and then turns in quickly, very predictable and makes for a very agile vehicle, you will always know what the car is doing.

Pretty much all M&M vehicles with power steering will have light steering in comparison.

The EPS in Scorpio N is extra light to the point that at first you think its not connected to anything, however within a few minutes you will get used to it, weights up nicely as the speeds increase just like the hydraulic steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there a difference in ground clearance values between 17-inch and 18-inch wheels?
From a tyre calculator results, the tyres on 18 inch wheels could be around 0.5 inch taller maybe 0.25 inches in ground clearance wise. However looks wise the 18 inch wheels do make a difference, the tyre being slightly wider too helps the side profile.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 18:31   #2033

Hi everyone! By watching the Scorpio N Z4 videos, I am kinda surprised that Mahindra is giving Bridgestone Ecopia tyres in the Z4. It could be the same case with Z6 and Z2 variants.

I did a lot of research and found that the reviews of Ecopias are very bad(on teambhp too). So maybe I’ll plan to change those with better tyres in my Z6 2WD. Should i go with the Apollo Apterra HT2 or the MRF wanderer AS that Mahindra is providing in Z8L variants. Or should i consider some more expensive options like Michelin or Continental.

As far as the stock sizes are concerned i.e, 255/60/18 and 245/65/17 only 255/60/18 are available in MRF(Wanderer AS), Apollo(Apterra HT2),Bridgestone(Dueler D684), Pirelli(Scorpion Zero) and Continental(cross contact 5).

So a question to all the members out of all these tyres what do you guys recommend. I am looking for tyres with better comfort, low noise and good grip. My usage pattern will be 30% in Rural roads that are typically broken and 70% on highways.

Also should i go with 17 inch alloy wheels or the 18 inches with stock specs. Personally I am more inclined towards 18 inch wheels with 255/60/18 and maybe 265/60/18 as the 17’ alloys looks really small and 245 section tyre looks very narrow on this big vehicle.

And also to the current owners of the Big Daddy- What are your experiences with the stock Apollos and MRFs…Please do share your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
Sy00 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 19:38   #2034

Key modifications and Niggles at 1000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangaloreCarrer View Post
Hello,

I am here with my first post with a User experience of my Scorpio N that I took delivery of a couple of days ago. I hope that the review is useful for those awaiting delivery of ScorpioN and is an info-share for fellow owners.

*Snip*

What next
I have currently left my car with a detailer for PPF applique and a few other detailing activities.
I finally got my car from the detailer. I had a busy week and hence couldn't post earlier.

I got the following done:
1. DuPont PPF, 180micron for the full car
2. Water repellant coating on plastic cladding
3. Ceramic coating on alloys
4. Red stickering on lower bodyline
5. Painted the brake calipers red
6. Floor mats (on Amazon)
7. Key chain cover
8. Legal transparent sunfilm

The road presence is spectacular!

The car has run in 977km now and is due for service.
I have booked my service at Anant Mahindra, Bangalore.
Shall post my service feedback once it is done. Hope the service team is able to resolve the issues.

Niggles at 1000km:
* Noise from front right suspensio
* Rattles from instrument cluster
* Rattles from boot
* Mild transmission humming noise

Current owners, please post your experience and hints on servicing the Scorpio-N.

In the meanwhile, I have also got my registration number. Awaiting the shipment of number plate.
PS: If anyone would like me to post the formalities to register a vehicle in KA after having bought it from outside, let me know and I shall.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221203_193056728.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221203_122617993.jpg  

BangaloreCarrer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 20:47   #2035

Re: Key modifications and Niggles at 1000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangaloreCarrer View Post
I finally got my car from the detailer. I had a busy week and hence couldn't post earlier.

6. Floor mats (on Amazon)
The road presence is spectacular!
Congratulations on your new ride.
Can you please provide details on the floormats and the legal transparent film please ?

Thanks!
Aerosmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 22:11   #2036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra has started dispatches and customer deliveries of the Scorpio-N Z4 variant.

Attachment 2387515

Attachment 2387516

Source
I have a feeling the person who got this must have someone close in the mahindra company. This looks suspiciously like a *jugaad* kind of situation.
Ruxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 23:09   #2037
Senior - BHPian

It's been a few months since people got their cars, would be great to read any mechanical review if owners have studied their engine bay and the cars suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxh View Post
I have a feeling the person who got this must have someone close in the mahindra company. This looks suspiciously like a *jugaad* kind of situation.
Maybe, but what do they care, with wait periods of a year, production lines aren't going to have a day to spare for the next 3 years.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 9th December 2022 at 23:12.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 07:38   #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
-> 2nd Row AC is powerful enough, but noisy when switched past its mid limit, its throw is more than ample and chills the car in no time, 3rd row passengers won't miss the need of AC much. Had to higher the temperature after 10 minutes of only front AC in use.[
When I TD'd the vehicle I was told that 2nd row AC has only blower control and no temperature control. Can anyone please confirm this and is it uncomfortable to be in this chiller for a longer duration?
mantaray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 12:29   #2039
BHPian

A friend bought DIESEL AUTO 4x4 Scorpio N and the 4H mode has engaged by itself and now the driving modes on the 4x4 selector are also not working. Any idea what it could be. What a strange problem in a one day old car.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 12:52   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxh View Post
My dealership sent me an email on 8th December, 2022 informing that my Z4 Diesel AT Dazzling Silver colour was scheduled to arrive at their place on 9th December, 2022. Since I am out of India, didn't further enquire about the arrival confirmation.

The car was already billed on 2nd December and they shared the Chassis number with me. But despite of repetitive requests, they didn't share the VIN number.

Location is Gurgaon.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks