Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:29   #2161

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Best way is to tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra and tag rajesh664.

Or mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com - Head CRM.
Thank you, Sommos, this worked!

I emailed Ms Kharga. This morning, the ASM contacted me and chalked out a solution to either get my booking reinstated by Mahindra or a new one done by the showroom VVC without impacting the delivery timeline.

For context, earlier, after my sales person said get had no idea, I reached out to the showroom customer relationship person who confirmed that this was done by the showroom, willingly, as a matter of course, and that they would create a fresh entry for 2023. When I questioned that this would lose me the timeline as well as the entry price, they first recommended I take a Z8L and then, on my insistence on prioritising my existing order, they mentioned that my order was showing as "live" on their system and that I would get it on time.

I'm glad the ASM contacted me with the possible resolution.
Somas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:05   #2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
I'm just back from BLR-South Goa-BLR, 1350 kms trip. ODO now at 1617 kms.Listing the Pros, Cons and Issues faced
Pros:
====
Conclusion:
Is this best car i ever owned ( In past: Ford Ikon, Fludic Verna, Honda CRV, Corolla, Ignis) BIG YES. But problems needed to be sorted.
Hi. Congrats for your wonderful road-trip Its the first time I have heard someone mention about the carrier for an actual use on Scorpio N. Did M&M offer you options for roof carriers or was only the integrated one shown. I'm scouting for accessories and roof carrier is one of the. Not seen a single Scorpio N with a roof carrier though

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd January 2023 at 13:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Avoid quoting entire large post for short reply.
Old 2nd January 2023, 16:40   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_saraf View Post
Hi. Congrats for your wonderful road-trip Its the first time I have heard someone mention about the carrier for an actual use on Scorpio N. Did M&M offer you options for roof carriers or was only the integrated one shown. I'm scouting for accessories and roof carrier is one of the. Not seen a single Scorpio N with a roof carrier though
Showroom guys mentioned no roof carrier accessory available due to supply chain constraints. Later dealer mentioned, they sourced it from Tumkur, a neighbouring tier 2 city. I was only interested in "integrated roof carrier" from Mahindra accessory catalog. So, i did not check about other options.

I think, third party ones are cheaper and better. I was in a friend's XUV 500 before, with something like ROUFRAILS installed from Coimbatore, no wind noise.
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 13:00   #2164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Stock tyres. Alloys and tyres purchased from the dealer itself.
How much you had to pay after returning your tyres? I have seen one of the Youtubers getting stock 18 inch Alloys + tyres upgraded at a shop in Punjab for around 55k.
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:35   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
How much you had to pay after returning your tyres? I have seen one of the Youtubers getting stock 18 inch Alloys + tyres upgraded at a shop in Punjab for around 55k.
Mahindra 18 inch alloys cost slightly more than 70k. Karol Bagh Delhi dealers also sell the OEM alloys at a max 5-10% discount over Mahindra's MRP. I have seen the video where that guys gets 18 inch alloys and wheels exchanged for 55k. I somehow don't trust that. Either the alloys are not genuine, or he was offered discount for being a youtuber. Tyre exchange would depend on what tyres you are replacing the stock Bridgestone ones with but I guess there would be an additional 10k for replacing the stock tyres with MRF wanderers. So 80k plus overall. 17 inch alloys would work cheaper.

Last edited by rodeoz : 3rd January 2023 at 14:37.
rodeoz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:34   #2166
BHPian

I just completed a 2500kms drive ; Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Rann of Kutch-Baroda-Mumbai. The vehicle was a breeze to drive with no real fatigue. Also got to experience 4WD on the under-construction patches of road to Dholaveera (AKA Road to Heaven). My previous drive was a Duster and Scorpio N came very close to the carpet drive nature of Duster. The TPMS sensors are very sensitive OR it was just me experiencing them for the 1st time. While low/high air pressure was on expected lines, the imbalance error due to different air pressures in the front wheels was definitely new to me. I had to find a air filling station with digital meter to sort this out. With spirited driving and AC on through out, I got ~14KMPL (as per odometer).

Now the post trip issues and am hoping no new things emerge. I am getting a strange noise from brake pedal. Apart from this, I hear a click sound from the hand brake section when I am pressing the brake pedal. Strangely this noise is heard only when the brake pedal is pressed with the engine running. No such sound when the engine is off. Any pointers? I will be heading to service station soon to get this sorted.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 18:18   #2167

Hello All,

Did a PDI of Scorpio N Z4 AT Diesel today. There was a screeching noise coming while releasing the car. Is it normal or could be some issue?

Here is the video I prepared for the screeching noise. Anyone else facing this?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th January 2023 at 00:31. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:42   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhingra View Post
Hello All,

Did a PDI of Scorpio N Z4 AT Diesel today. There was a screeching noise coming while releasing the car. Is it normal or could be some issue?
Common issue with all Scorpio N ATs. As per the dealer the noise will go away the more the car runs.
rodeoz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 00:28   #2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Common issue with all Scorpio N ATs. As per the dealer the noise will go away the more the car runs.
Thanks for the response. I see that you have taken delivery in 3rd week of December. Just wanted to check if this noise has reduced for you now or it has remain same?
Old 4th January 2023, 07:11   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I see that you have taken delivery in 3rd week of December. Just wanted to check if this noise has reduced for you now or it has remain same?
I have only driven 200kms so far so the noise is still there. Happens when the car starts from standstill.
Old 4th January 2023, 12:59   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the video I prepared for the screeching noise. Anyone else facing this?

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=wH0hcJfvK_M?feature=share
Apparently, this issue happens only when car is parked with Handbrakes on. If you just park it in parking mode, the issue is not happening. I have tried it myself in my parking, The noise doesn't come. I earlier had asked in this forum if it safe to park the car without handbrake if there is no slope but didn't see any reply. Also since it is my first automatic, I don't know if the car doesn't move with just park mode on without handbrake. My Service Advisor tried to show me by pushing the car when it was only in parking mode that it is safe to park in parking mode without the handbrake but I still dont trust that.
AtulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 13:12   #2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtulC View Post
Apparently, this issue happens only when car is parked with Handbrakes on.
===
My Service Advisor tried to show me by pushing the car when it was only in parking mode that it is safe to park in parking mode without the handbrake but I still dont trust that.
Thanks for the response AtulC. But if you see, in between the video, when I am moving the vehicle, the car is not on handbrakes. Even after multiple back-and forth, this noise is still coming. Any more digging you might have done around this?
Old 5th January 2023, 11:02   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response AtulC. But if you see, in between the video, when I am moving the vehicle, the car is not on handbrakes. Even after multiple back-and forth, this noise is still coming. Any more digging you might have done around this?
@rdhingra, I may have not been clear with my statement but I didn't mean that you are moving the car on handbrake. This sound is heard when the car has been parked on handbrake for a long time and after that when you try to move. I have not been hearing the sound if the car is just parked in Park mode overnight and then when I try to move it.
Old 5th January 2023, 14:00   #2174

Quote:
This issue exists even in my vehicle. I have driven 1500 km and the issue is still there. SA told its due to brake being new, I didn't believe. I noticed that when in constant use frequency of occurrence is less and when I park it for few days its more. I did read about the post, where its mentioned that it could be due to parking with handbrake engaged, but again its always recommended to park with the handbrakes engaged for AT.
Net Net, issue persists and I hope will reduce with time.

Does anyone know if it happens only with ScorpioN or with Thar and Xuv700 too ?
Old 6th January 2023, 11:25   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Visited Mahindra dealer - India Garage at Mysore today. The showroom looked so vibrant with the great looking SUVs. The first time I visited Mahindra showroom was in 1989 when my Dad bought the MM540. Mahindra has come long way!!
Pricelist
Attachment 2397438
Thanks for sharing the pricing list and I'm guessing the Bangalore prices might not be that much of a difference than those in Mysore. I've set my eyes on Z6 D AT and planning to book in next 3-4 months, just trying to keep a tab on waiting periods for now. I think there could be a price hike in coming months of about 50k considering the start of financial years and budget announcements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks