Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 09:42   #1411
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jublientonroad View Post
AX7 is well over my budget so I might go for Scorpio Z8
I missed the window of opportunity to get a 7 AWD. So the next best deal is the Z6 AT and then the Z8 4x4. So I've booked both, price locked. At least there are no dealer shenanigans this time.

Im keeping an open mind. Perhaps the RWD nature of the Z6 is enough for mild raw road mapping. Maybe an MLD can be retrofitted. But if I can hoodwink the wife last minute, the Z8 4x4 it is. At least we'll have dual AC which will put an end to our squabbles on long drives. And a working cruise button.
Old 29th August 2022, 10:10   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Does ScorpioN provide some kind of setting (Adrenox) which can disable the operation of the sun roof? This could be very handy when we give car for a wash (prevent the sun roof from being open when washing).
If you long press the lock button on the key fob, the sun roof and driver window, in case it is left open, gets closed. Please have patience till the final product rolls out from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jublientonroad View Post
Thanks for the update! In fact I got a call from my SA today that AX5 in my preferred Color is available due to cancellation. But I would be taking the delivery only in November due to some financial reasons. For me the biggest issue with AX5 is the lack of Good back camera options and cruise control. I am hoping by November we have more updates on these features can be installed in AX5.Any idea on waiting period for AX7 Petrol manual in Delhi?Thanks!
According to me the most important missing feature in the AX5 P model is the ESP. It is an alsolutely necessary safety feature for a vehicle of this size.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 11:48   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

According to me the most important missing feature in the AX5 P model is the ESP. It is an alsolutely necessary safety feature for a vehicle of this size.
Yeah ESP should have been there as a standard in all the models.. especially with Mahindra so big on safety. I will be visiting few dealerships today or on Wednesday to check on the availability of AX7 and also enquire about my Scorpio N booking.
Old 29th August 2022, 16:21   #1414
BHPian

While watching some videos on YT, came across a Thar detailing video which had CEAT CrossDrive AT 18" tires. I couldn't find it on their website but search results only showed Ceat CZAR AT Tires.

Has anyone seen these in person ? When compared with MRF and CEAT, Google uncle says CEAT tyres would be the best choice if you want a high-performance tyre for highway and city use at an affordable price. MRF tyres would be the best choice for those people who wanted an excellent gripping and traction performance on both on-road and off-road. Now this could be true for AT Tires. What about AS tires ?
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 20:02   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra to commence deliveries of new Scorpio-N starting Navaratri, 26th September 2022.

Press Release

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-smartselect_20220829200046_drive.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 20:43   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra to commence deliveries of new Scorpio-N starting Navaratri, 26th September 2022.

Press Release
Thanks for sharing. So, tomorrow is when we see the forum flooded with delivery timelines for people who got their slots in the first 25000 bookings (me included )

7000 within 10 days means we see 7000 Scorpio-Ns on the road by Dussehra. Would love to see many of us from the forum get their cars in the first 7000.
Old 29th August 2022, 20:59   #1417
BHPian

So are they counting the average waiting time of 4 months from the date of booking or 26th September?
Old 29th August 2022, 21:29   #1418
BHPian

Quote:

Press Release

Attachment 2352294
Thanks for sharing. However that isn't clear and rather misleading. Why talk about average waiting period? When they have a production capacity of 6000 per month, then 4 months should be maximum waiting period. They are handing over Z8Ls in first two months, that means, Z2s may get more than 4 months waiting period. We dont know how many are Z8Ls out of first 25000 bookings, so the 7000 being delivered may also contain some of the non price protected also.

I am disappointed because if they are talking specifically only about Z8L, my Z8 (price protected) may be delivered later. Lets hope tomorrow's sun brings some good news.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 29th August 2022 at 21:31.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 22:37   #1419

Quote:
Mahindra to commence deliveries of new Scorpio-N starting Navaratri, 26th September 2022
That is great news. I hope the commitment of Z8L by end of November'22 also includes the 4x4 variants.

It would be great to hear next updates from Mahindra with delivery timeline for individuals.
Old 30th August 2022, 01:19   #1420

I have booked a Z8L 4WD with the introductory price locked. The only deal breaker making me sit on the fence is the lack of boot space as this will be a replacement for my trusted Crysta.
I was considering removing the last row completely to effectively make the vehicle a 5 seater with a spacious boot. Might have to do some trickery to make the boot floor flat though. The showroom advisor said that many prospective buyers are planning to do the same
What is the opinion and advise of experienced BHPians. Will this affect the dynamics/stability of the SUV?

Newbie here and this is my first teambhp post
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 02:33   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.coolbeans View Post
I was considering removing the last row completely to effectively make the vehicle a 5 seater with a spacious boot. Might have to do some trickery to make the boot floor flat though.
ScorpioN is a decision of heart. Mind will not tell one to choose it over XUV700, except for off-road enthusiasts.

Boot space is as worse as it could have been in such a big vehicle. Icing on cake is the boot floor. Even if one folds or removes the seats, the ugly and uneven boot floor is a turn-off.
I will be removing the last row on day one. But the ugly boot floor with all those hinges, no idea how to deal with it.
So I keep on telling myself, "I will avoid going near that bland tailgate and ugly boot as much as possible. I will get down from the driver seat and walk towards the bonet, admire my choice and try not to go towards rear."

Last but not the least, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Indepth : 30th August 2022 at 02:49. Reason: Spacing
Indepth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 07:37   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
ScorpioN is a decision of heart. Mind will not tell one to choose it over XUV700, except for off-road enthusiasts.

Boot space is as worse as it could have been in such a big vehicle. Icing on cake is the boot floor. Even if one folds or removes the seats, the ugly and uneven boot floor is a turn-off.
I will be removing the last row on day one. But the ugly boot floor with all those hinges, no idea how to deal with it.
So I keep on telling myself, "I will avoid going near that bland tailgate and ugly boot as much as possible. I will get down from the driver seat and walk towards the bonet, admire my choice and try not to go towards rear."

Last but not the least, welcome to the forum.
Thanks Indepth, that description of yours is hilarious! . I am in the same boat, the canaries stop singing the moment I cross the C Pillar. As for the boot floor I am sure in due course of time some 3d/7d boot liner should be available to make it into a flat surface. I was scouring the internet for what the boot floor will look like without the last row. The best information I could get was from a screenshot of the making of the scorpio N video posted by Mahindra. I am not sure whether i can post it here but here goes. Dear mods, please delete and forgive this newbie if it breaks the rules
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-f2167f1fca8b49cb810f66d80a3498f9.jpeg  

Doc.coolbeans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 09:22   #1423
BHPian

Quote:

I currently own a Thar D AT Hardtop. I was looking at the Scorpio-N as a 5 door replacement to my Thar albeit no 4x4 this time around because of budget constraints.
Its not like I dislike my Thar, but some other reasons which have made me consider the Scorpio-N.

However small or useless the boot on the Scorpio-N be, It will impress me anyway coming from a Thar , so absolutely no issues with the boot.

But the last para is where it holds very true for me. The ScorpioN after the C-Pillar is just meh
I just love the boxiness and overall stance of the Thar (not the stock front grill though) but for the ScorpioN, the front is great, but the rear is not.

I do have introductory price for the Scorpio-N but I am still not sure if I should get a ScorpioN to replace my Thar, but can't add another car along side the Thar because of budget constraints and garage space constraints.
Even my parents (who actually will be happy to have a 5 door car) are also confused about whether to get the ScorpioN as Thar replacement or not. They end up making me more confused.
dr_TJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:17   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I do have introductory price for the Scorpio-N but I am still not sure if I should get a ScorpioN to replace my Thar, but can't add another car along side the Thar because of budget constraints and garage space constraints.
Even my parents (who actually will be happy to have a 5 door car) are also confused about whether to get the ScorpioN as Thar replacement or not. They end up making me more confused.
The fact that you are considering ScorpioN as a replacement for Thar says a lot.

There is not much choice in the segment (I mean for BOF lovers). If you are not an offroad enthusiast like me, ScorpioN is a no brainer instead of Thar.

5 doors will definitely make your parents quite happy. So no issues here. Ofcourse not XUV700 like happy.

You have the introductory price, so think of it as an investment. Even if you buy ScorpioN for 20 odd lakhs today, you can sell after a year for almost same price. So there is an option, in case you don't like it.
Indepth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:46   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.coolbeans View Post
Might have to do some trickery to make the boot floor flat though
Quote:
Even if one folds or removes the seats, the ugly and uneven boot floor is a turn-off
I did take a hard look at the boot area when I checked the ScorpioN out last month - it should not be that difficult to fix the "uneven floor" issue. A precise-cut ply or something similar should do it. That being said, this is a glaring miss from Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Track my Booking is now live on auto.mahindra.com. I have a delivery timeline for 26 September to 11 October.
Now this is as transparent as a manufacturer can get. I have never seen such levels of detail on delivery timelines from any other manufacturer. Kudos to Mahindra
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks