Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 13:12   #1426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
You have the introductory price, so think of it as an investment. Even if you buy ScorpioN for 20 odd lakhs today, you can sell after a year for almost same price. So there is an option, in case you don't like it.
Just wondering what the rationale for the resale value is.
Old 30th August 2022, 22:20   #1427
BHPian

Here's a new video showing the stockyard at the plant:

Still can't see a Silver coloured one.
slylenser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 00:04   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I have found Mahindra to be more detailed than most manufacturers in releasing specs. Of course there is room for improvement.

I agree on this point. If we have viewed the launch event we could vouch for this. Mr. Vellu covered the technical aspects with great details. He explained in detail about the functioning of the suspensions and the power steering to mention a few. In fact he also covered in details about the frame construction and the engine aspects.
The launch events mostly focuses on the aspects which attracts attention covering the flashy features and the power figures of drive train(with due respect to all marketing techniques). But the Scorpio-N’s launch event had a sizeable time slice for technical details.
Marketing stances were also there, the way prices were revealed (some % of X at some % price) and the over stress on Big Daddy phrase.
But to be fair to M&M we have to give them their bit that they stressed on technical aspects in details as well.
PhoenixInRising is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 00:31   #1429
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please discuss your booking experience and tracking of your orders in this thread. (What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?)
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 02:11   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Just wondering what the rationale for the resale value is.
IMHO there are three aspects for good resale value in case of ScorpioN -

1. A price increase by about 1.5 lakh within 1 year. Current pricing is introductory. We can expect price increase of 50K each in Jan, April / July and then next Jan amounting to 1.5 lakh.

2. Huge waiting period. When customer are paying premium for getting bookings transferred, the resale too is bound to get better. I know someone who sold his Thar at purchase price after driving 14k , 11 months.

3. Historically, good resale for BOF products. I have seen BOFs like Innova, Hexa, Thar (old and new both), Fortuner, Endeavour, Bolero, even Scorpio fetch better resale than similarly priced monocoques. Being an Suv in India also helps the cause.

So, basis above, I assume good resale and probably at par price after 1 year. Just my 2 cents. Nothing is guaranteed in this world but one can analyse a bit for sure.
Indepth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 10:24   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post

Still can't see a Silver coloured one.
Hi,

I will get the high resolution picture of silver ScorpioN in few days, as i am planning to visit their plant. The ScorpioN Silver (which i saw was parked adjacent to white ScorpioN) seem little darker as compared to XUV700 silver. Although i have not seen XUV700 silver and ScorpioN silver together. So the darker feeling could be a perception mistake+ lighting also play a role as i have seen cars from bit far.

Thanks
UD
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 16:57   #1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Thanks for sharing. So, tomorrow is when we see the forum flooded with delivery timelines for people who got their slots in the first 25000 bookings (me included )

7000 within 10 days means we see 7000 Scorpio-Ns on the road by Dussehra. Would love to see many of us from the forum get their cars in the first 7000.
I got the message yesterday that the Silver Z8L 4x4 I booked will be delivered between 26th Sept and 11th Oct. Excited!!!
pkjains is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:14   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Hi,

I will get the high resolution picture of silver ScorpioN in few days, as i am planning to visit their plant. The ScorpioN Silver (which i saw was parked adjacent to white ScorpioN) seem little darker as compared to XUV700 silver. Although i have not seen XUV700 silver and ScorpioN silver together. So the darker feeling could be a perception mistake+ lighting also play a role as i have seen cars from bit far.

Thanks
UD
Will eagerly await a pic from you…i think Silver looks sightly different when seen from different angles and time. Fingers crossed till you upload a pic
rahulya007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:21   #1434

Does anyone have idea about Grand Canyon Colour of Scorpio-N?
There are only couple of images available online. Any ideas on similarity of the shade with different cars or models would also be helpful.
Old 1st September 2022, 02:21   #1435

MOD NOTE : You are requested to go through Posting Etiquettes before making any further post on Team-BHP.
Thanks.

Hi Team,

I went to a nearby dealer for trying out ScorpioN and XUV700, to do a side by side comparison.

While the Test-Drive was brief, I could test the Cruise on ScorpioN and would like comment that, while there is slight slow response time when you increase speed for cruise, the cruise function works well.

The AC is super effective and can cool down the first two rows in no time.

My wife tested out the comfort of 2nd row seats and she vouches for ScorpioN. While kids are pressing for XUV 700 due to the skyroof factor.

I was trying Z8L 4xPlore at Sireesh auto and found one finding: while ScorpioN seems to have great ground clearance, when judged from sides, there is a bar that protrudes downward (seemed part of suspension) and it is lower than the side foot rest (seemed like feeble bar and dangerous to be exposed like that), and seemed like it would set ground clearance to 187mm odd i.e. less than xuv700.

I could not take photo of the same and apologize for the same, has anyone else seen the same?

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2022 at 09:22. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Mophius is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2022, 11:33   #1436
BHPian

Has Mahindra released the water wading depth? Wondering if it can ford the Bellandur ORR river in Bangalore?

And what about GNCAP?

Online delivery shows end October. Hope GNCAP done before that.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:21   #1437
BHPian

Mine was in 25K slot, I tracked on Tuesday and mine is scheduled for 26th Sep - 11th Oct. Mine is Z8L AT 4Wd Napoli Black, with NBS (Andheri, Mumbai).

Anyone else here with the same dealer?

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 1st September 2022 at 12:32. Reason: Modified the content
Old 1st September 2022, 12:52   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Has Mahindra released the water wading depth? Wondering if it can ford the Bellandur ORR river in Bangalore?
Only 500 mm for Scorpio N, without any snorkel.

However I believe water and modern cars are not good friends. Better to avoid urban rivers on roads knowingly.

Also, the alternator construction and position inside the engine bay were reported earlier in this thread. You can also check by opening the bonnet and checking what are there inside which can malfunction due to water ingress.

Even in 2022, Mahindra and Mahindra think that users of lower variants of Scorpio N do not qualify for a good safety protection and hence they provide only 2 airbags in Z4 and Z2 Shame on you Mahindra and Mahindra.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:08   #1439
BHPian

Spotted two in a span of an hour in Kolkata today. Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-78a1310ab8ab4a6b92bd4bad3a4f8cbd.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2d38e076fea443a5bf85a2fafc45eb8e.jpeg
Abudhabicars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 18:41   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Only 500 mm for Scorpio N, without any snorkel.
I think 500mm is still a decent wader wading depth. Rarely people will want to go deeper than this with a gadgeted car. I guess above this depth, water will tend to enter cabin faster or even over the bonnet. If the vehicle stalls even in 500mm with an inexperienced driver, water can still enter the cabin as there will be some drain holes in the floor and firewall for cables etc. crossing such water depth without stalling shouldn't pose any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Even in 2022, Mahindra and Mahindra think that users of lower variants of Scorpio N do not qualify for a good safety protection and hence they provide only 2 airbags in Z4 and Z2 Shame on you Mahindra and Mahindra.
Market today is driven by demand and profit ratios and Mahindra must have definitely met the bare minimum demand of 2 air bags in a vehicle as per the current norms otherwise the vehicle wouldn't be allowed to be sold. Customer has demands and businesses are run for profits. Wouldn't it be unfair to expect Mahindra to give everything in the lowest of the variants without customers wanting to spend more for a higher specked variant, even if it is matter of Safety equipment ? Tomorrow someone else might say ESP should also be given in base variant. It is only wise to think rationally..

Nothing personally against you or anyone here...
rahulya007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks