Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 20:19   #1291
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

I was scrolling through some youtube videos on the scorpio N. I came across a video with in which the car had a proper high security number plate registered in Delhi.

This is the first time I saw a scorpio with a proper numberplate. I checked on Vaahan as I was curious. It was registered as Scorpio N on 12th of August. All the TD vehicles have the red number plate, so I am wondering how is it possible a car has been registered under a private number plate. Is the showroom giving out display vehicles to customers?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220821-8.07.38-pm.png
kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:28   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Is the showroom giving out display vehicles to customers?

Attachment 2349158
Looking at that name, it probably belongs to Lido Commercial Company Limited (LCCL).

As per Zauba, the contact email domain for LCCL is sdauto.co.in.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-843201344e3b4656ac417066c346662c.png

This domain belongs to (check the registrant company) …
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-c4165dfffe104997ab88cb8c246cd8ef.png

So, most likely, this is a vehicle that belongs to the Mahindra dealership “Sri Durga” principal, and not a customer per say. This is a top of the line variant too, right? Maybe the boss wanted one before anyone else.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:40   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looking at that name, it probably belongs to Lido Commercial Company Limited (LCCL).

As per Zauba, the contact email domain for LCCL is sdauto.co.in.

Attachment 2349182

This domain belongs to (check the registrant company) …
Attachment 2349183

So, most likely, this is a vehicle that belongs to the Mahindra dealership “Sri Durga” principal, and not a customer per say. This is a top of the line variant too, right? Maybe the boss wanted one before anyone else.
Most likely it will be a long term Demo/Test drive car so the Dealership has registered it in their/their Boss' name.
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:36   #1294

Today I got a call from SA..as per him they have been provided with the list of online introductory price bookings. He said we can expect the delivery before Diwali...Lets see
gaurav6464 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:31   #1295
BANNED

What are the extended warranty and other maintenance packages offered by Mahindra? How many maximum years of protection can one get? I have heard Mahindra dealers have to adhere to standard (pre-defined) packages only. I think i heard one can get a maximum of 4 years only (1+3)?

Also, what parameters should one consider when taking Insurance which ensures total freedom from stress in the coming years.

Last edited by MetalClank : 22nd August 2022 at 14:32.
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:12   #1296
BHPian

I guess standard warranty is of 3 years and can be extended for 2 more. That is what mahindra has been offering since XUV500. My Xylo had 3+1 warranty.

About insurance, you can buy your own and dealer can’t force you to take it from him. You’ll surely save good money. Opt for zero dep, engine cover, driver and passenger cover, return to invoice, tyre cover and if needed key cover.

Zero dep cover can be availed for 5 years i guess. Acko seems to have the lowest premium.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 22nd August 2022 at 15:13. Reason: Text
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:20   #1297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I guess standard warranty is of 3 years and can be extended for 2 more. That is what mahindra has been offering since XUV500. My Xylo had 3+1 warranty.

About insurance, you can buy your own and dealer can’t force you to take it from him. You’ll surely save good money. Opt for zero dep, engine cover, driver and passenger cover, return to invoice, tyre cover and if needed key cover.

Zero dep cover can be availed for 5 years i guess. Acko seems to have the lowest premium.
Thanks. So the most comprehensive insurance is Cashless, Zero Dep, Engine Cover, Driver + Passenger Cover, Return to Invoice, Key Cover, Tire Cover, Infotainment System Cover (Electronics) & Consumables?
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:02   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Thanks. So the most comprehensive insurance is Cashless, Zero Dep, Engine Cover, Driver + Passenger Cover, Return to Invoice, Key Cover, Tire Cover, Infotainment System Cover (Electronics) & Consumables?
Don't select the infotainment cover if you have booked the top end variant as vehicle cost and model insured will insure the whole cost. if you are going for lower variant and then later want to invest money in the ICE, then select that option. Otherwise, you'll end up paying additional premium without any additional benefit. Rest of the options as mentioned above.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 17:42   #1299
BHPian

Hi,
I need to change my 7 year (almost) old TUV 300 and am totally confused. I have booked a Scorpio N Z6 Automatic and have not made it to the first 25,000 bookings. Hence, am not sure when I will get the vehicle . A long wait for this, really does not enthuse me. Also, having just retired, am having second thought of whether I should really invest about 22 L on a car. Do I really need such a big car? What about running costs. Having used a "Ladder on Frame" SUV for the last 18 years ( 2 Scorpio's and a TUV currently) I cannot bring myself to drive a sedan or a hatchback, even if it is on stilts and steroids. Hence my choice is limited to the Bolero Neo, XUV, Scorpio N, Scorpio Classic or the Tata Safari. Rationally, a Bolero Neo would do, as I am quite happy with my TUV. However I am scared, that since it is so similar to my TUV 300, I would loose out on the charm of driving a new car. I am thinking about the Scorpio Classic S version (save me some money). I can always do it up, with accessories to my hearts desire. Then I realized that the base version of the Scorpio N is just about 50 thousand more expensive and is a lot better. Even if I change my booking to that, When will I get it? What would be the actual price when I get it?

Hence totally confused. Desperately need some outside perspective guys. All thoughts and opinions welcome
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:16   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
I am thinking about the Scorpio Classic S version (save me some money). I can always do it up, with accessories to my hearts desire. Then I realized that the base version of the Scorpio N is just about 50 thousand more expensive and is a lot better. Even if I change my booking to that, When will I get it? What would be the actual price when I get it?

Hence totally confused. Desperately need some outside perspective guys. All thoughts and opinions welcome
Prices have gone northward, that is without a doubt - you`ve got to be ready to pay more than what you thought you would, that is the reality now.

I think you should get back to 4 cyl 2.2L mHawk. Its now cheaper than before.

Name:  Scorpio snippet.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  22.8 KB
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:38   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post
Today I got a call from SA..as per him they have been provided with the list of online introductory price bookings. He said we can expect the delivery before Diwali...Lets see
If this is true, then it is amazing! I am within the 25K bookings, so I'm desperately eager to go out on a road trip to Manali / Spiti as soon as I get the delivery!
Incinerated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:42   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Hence totally confused. Desperately need some outside perspective guys. All thoughts and opinions welcome
If you ask me, you should go for the ScorpioN Z2. It shares the same engine with the Scorpio Classic S. For 50,000 more, you get rear disc brakes and I believe better dynamics.

However, the million dollar questions are, will the price of the ScorpioN Z2 increase? Will the price of the Classic S also increase? Will Mahindra maintain this 50,000 difference or move the Z2 further upward?

The Classic S is such an awesome deal that had Mahindra not introduced the ScorpioN, many would have been happy with just the Classic S as the new and updated Scorpio.

As you also rightly pointed out, you can accessorise it to your hearts content and if I am permitted to stretch my imagination, even maybe beat the S11 both on features and value. Did you know? Even the gear lever does not vibrate at start up! The Classic S though extremely good cannot hold a candle to the ScorpioN Z2.

You go to play it by the ear. Make a mental note of how much you would be able to pay for the Z2 over the S. If you ask me, even 1.5L is OK keeping in mind the higher resale value that you would get when you eventually sell it.

It's a very precarious situation you have got into. May the force be with you.
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:22   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post
Good to know. I checked with my service advisor and he says that they still don't have a clue about any bookings made for their showroom. He asked me to wait for a few days.

Did your service advisor ask for any details, confirmation or any other questions or did he call only to inform that you were in the first 25000?
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:43   #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Did your service advisor ask for any details, confirmation or any other questions or did he call only to inform that you were in the first 25000?
Yes, he said that they need Aadhar and PAN details for KYC. Also he confirmed that my booking is within 25000 and they have received details of online bookings with introductory pricing.
Soon after that i got a call from Mahindra to confirm if I was contacted by the dealer for any update. The number on truecaller displayed 'Mahindra Auto'
I think they have started sharing booking details with dealers, you can expect a call from your dealer anytime soon.
gaurav6464 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:18   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a Scorpio N Z6 Automatic and have not made it to the first 25,000 bookings. Hence, am not sure when I will get the vehicle . A long wait for this, really does not enthuse me. Also, having just retired, am having second thought of whether I should really invest about 22 L on a car.
Going by the current status and the way Mahindra has supposedly planned the deliveries, it seems even non price protected bookings will also be delivered in quick succession. Number of bookings may not be as high as Mahindra claims and with cancelled bookings and converted to XUV700 it will be lower further. People have already reported getting calls and even with Z8/L prioritized, Z6 bookings may also be delivered faster.
Though price increase is eminent. It is better to go with better refreshed product. With kind of improved suspension in N, it is better to go with N instead of Classic. With your age you may consider Automatic variant too, you can consider Z4AT IMHO.
My two cents.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 22nd August 2022 at 21:45.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks