Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 19:40   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Does that mean Z8 Diesel 4WD AT will be 21.90 lakh ?
4.41 lakh extra for Auto + 4 WD is definitely higher than what I had expected
Same thought here. AT + 4WD pricing is too ambitious. Someone here was expecting Mahindra to price AT reasonably if predicted demand is high. Auto industry doesn't work that way, atleast in India
Old 21st July 2022, 19:43   #542
BHPian

I guess the premium on 4WD AT is to avoid cannibalizing Thar? Stop any cross shopping for off road version I guess?
Sidban85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 19:48   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
I guess the premium on 4WD AT is to avoid cannibalizing Thar? Stop any cross shopping for off road version I guess?
The overlap in customers for Thar (3 Door) and Scorpio N will be minimal (almost nil) as they cater to completely different requirements. I believe the premium pricing is due to inflation and a strong demand (& milk it).

For someone who has booked AT variants of XUV7OO, this is a bigger bad news. I see a price hike scheduled for early Aug when Mahindra revises the prices for Scorpio N.
Old 21st July 2022, 19:49   #544
BHPian

Here's a quick and dirty comparison of price vs features (compromises) between Scorpio, XUV7OO and Crysta Automatic variants which I was considering: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-comparisons.jpeg
Note: There are some ball-park assumptions in taxes/insurances etc for Scorpio N variants considering detailed break-up is not out yet. XUV7OO and Crysta prices are based on actual quotes from the dealers in Mumbai. Have omitted the un-necessary loading of so called mandatory add-ons which are pushed by the dealers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-comparison.jpeg  

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 21st July 2022 at 20:00.
TSIched'Out is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 19:49   #545
BHPian

Automatic prices are almost as expected but it seems they are discouraging 4wd buyers and it will need some courage to go for Z8L automatic 4wd variant.
2himanshu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 19:54   #546
BHPian

Really disappointed with the price reveal of the vehicle.
The AT specially in the top end Z8L and Z6 doesn’t justify the equipment.
In Z8 at least you get upgraded from 17 inches steel wheels to 18 inch alloys.
The difference in price of 17 inch alloys to 18 alloys in the top end is not adjusted properly.
Plus lower variants too get some good upgrades with the AT.
The z6 is the worse price wise for an AT. With no additional benefits.

Plus i feel with approx 3 lakh on road price difference for the 4wd system. The manuals too should get at least 17 inch alloys in the z8 variant.
We saw in the xuv700. Awd ax7 got an electronic handbrake as compared to the non awd model.
So it’s not like Mahindra doesn’t differentiate with the 4wd system in other cars.

The whole price matrix is now really weird.
The AX7 L xuv manual is the same price range of the top end scorpio n.

I think a lot of people will reconsider the models added to cart and also booking the car on 30 july. (I know i am reconsidering downgrading to the z8 4wd after the price reveal)
kushgandhi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 19:57   #547
BHPian

A quick update on the Scorpio N and XUV700 price/spec comparison, now updated with prices for the 4WD/AWD Automatic trims.

Makes it a bit more of a dilemma, and I feel one needs to be really sure of their Offroading requirements if they intend to invest in a Scorpio N 4WD trim.

NOTE: Minor correction, the AX7 AWD AT also gets Electronic Parking Brake.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpiovxuv700.jpg

scorpiovxuv700.pdf

Last edited by ask99 : 21st July 2022 at 20:07. Reason: Note for AX7 EPB
ask99 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:09   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
A quick update on the Scorpio N and XUV700 price/spec comparison, now updated with prices for the 4WD/AWD Automatic trims.

Makes it a bit more of a dilemma, and I feel one needs to be really sure of their Offroading requirements if they intend to invest in a Scorpio N 4WD
If it is not 4WD, the whole purpose of buying Scorpio N gets defeated for me. Why not take more plush XUV with better Highway road manner if I'm buying a 2wd vehicle? With 4WD, it feels too much premium for a Scorpio. Suddenly "value for money" has vanished after price reveal. This is Skoda-Vw type pricing and a poor effort to milk customer.
Arinmech is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:15   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post

What do other members think? Is the premium of 4.41 lacs justified in terms of cost of the equipment (read AT gearbox and 4X4 system)? Or this is just demand driven (Add to Cart numbers)?
I feel that the reason for not revealing the prices initially was to capture market pulse through bookings for AT & 4x4.An overwhelming response is driving factor for this steep pricing.

Z4 diesel is 13.99 lacs and we need to shell out 1/3rd (4.5 lacs) amount more to get these equipments.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:24   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Very disappointing pricing. It makes 4WD variants prohibitively expensive. Better to go for XUV 700 AWD AT in this case, as the prices are very close to each other (within 2%) for XUV700 AX7L AWD AT (23.9 lakhs) and ScorpioN 4WD Z8L (Rs. 24.58 lakhs). M&M have generally been at or below market expectations in terms of pricing. This time around, I get the feeling they have got greedy with the AT and 4WD prices, even at the point of launch. Imagine where this is going in a few months! I think they were not joking when they said they wanted to compete in the D segment!

The best value variant now seems to be Z4 2WD Diesel AT., where you get quite a lot for the ~2 lakh price premium one pays over the MT. For 16 lakhs, one can get all the key safety features necessary for such a large car as well as a lot of creature comforts including cruise control etc. You also get the full throated 175PS/400NM engine. Would be a good car for someone who does a fair number of highway trips, has to drive through mildly flooded streets occasionally.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st July 2022 at 21:21. Reason: Minor typo.
84.monsoon is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:34   #551
BHPian

Whether all AT models will get 255/60 R18 Alloy irrespective of the variants, or it is only limited to the higher variants like Z8/ Z8L?

And whether Z4 AT gets the ESP/ ESC, Hill Hold, Hill descent features?
Old 21st July 2022, 20:41   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Whether all AT models will get 255/60 R18 Alloy irrespective of the variants, or it is only limited to the higher variants like Z8/ Z8L?

And whether Z4 AT gets the ESP/ ESC, Hill Hold, Hill descent features?
255/60 R18s only for Z8 and Z8L Automatics. Everything else gets 245/65 R17s over either steel rims or 17 inch alloys (only for Z8L).
Yes, the Z4 AT does get ESC, TCS, Hill hold and Hill Decent control.

Last edited by acquillew : 21st July 2022 at 20:45.
acquillew is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 21:01   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

I think M&M is trying to maximise the net profit on each 4wd sale. They sure as hell don’t have the capacity to cater to a Thar like demand. They very well know someone keen on a 4wd doesn’t really have any other option till Fortuner. So, sell a few, but sell at an insane markup!

Waiting for on-road prices now. It will be interesting to see the final difference between 2wd, 4wd & 4wd+AT variants.
Dry Ice is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 21:08   #554
Senior - BHPian

Now the introductory prices for all variants of the Mahindra Scorpio-N has been revealed, here’s how it stacks up against other 3-row SUVs on the price graph.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20220721_210755.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 21:11   #555
BHPian

The best value variant now seems to be Z4 2WD Diesel AT., where you get quite a lot for the ~2 lakh price premium one pays over the MT. For 16 lakhs, one can get all the key safety features necessary for such a large car as well as a lot of creature comforts including cruise control etc.

But the Z4 has been given only 4 airbags and not 6! I remember reading that for the MT. Don't know if they are giving 6 for the AT though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks