Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 08:30   #1201
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophius View Post
While I am gaining a lot of information from these discussions, I have yet to discover a person who has seen the new Scorpio-N in silver colour (in person).
I am in the same boat as yours..since there is no news of a Silver Scorpio N, i went to the showroom yesterday to have a close look at their Silver XUV700 as i was told Silver in Scorpio would be the same as that of XUV700. My Son was finally convinced that we can go ahead with booked Silver. Another shade to be seen is the Grand Canyon.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th August 2022 at 08:59. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Please quote only relevant portion.
Old 15th August 2022, 11:37   #1202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixInRising View Post
The first two were comparative questions, but the next two questions were from the general off the road driving perspective. It will really help if you can share some thoughts on those two.
The last question is from maintenance point of view. It would be helpful if you/others can share from experiences about under chassis damage in these types of rocky terrains.
Please explore the forum, your answers maybe found here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:09   #1203
BANNED

Do all variants of the ScorpioN get 6 air bags?

When is the compulary 6 airbags rule going to hit the country?
Old 15th August 2022, 12:57   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Do all variants of the ScorpioN get 6 air bags?

When is the compulary 6 airbags rule going to hit the country?
No, all variants do not get 6 airbags. Only Z8s and Z8Ls.
Also, the rule comes into effect from October 1, if I remember correctly.
Old 15th August 2022, 14:03   #1205
BANNED

As per the official brochure, it says Hill Hold will hold it from rolling back, but does not say how long will it hold it from rolling back?

Uphill ride or downhill descent, it’s no worry with Scorpio-N. Hill Hold
to hold it from rolling back, in case you’ve stopped uphill. And Descent Control
to limit its speed without your input when going down hill on a steep slope.
Old 15th August 2022, 14:07   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the official brochure, it says Hill Hold will hold it from rolling back, but does not say how long will it hold it from rolling back?

Uphill ride or downhill descent, it’s no worry with Scorpio-N. Hill Hold
to hold it from rolling back, in case you’ve stopped uphill. And Descent Control
to limit its speed without your input when going down hill on a steep slope.
Typically HHC gives you 2 seconds after removing from your foot from the brake pedal and that allows you to move and press the accelerator pedal without the car rolling back, at least in the Yeti.
Old 15th August 2022, 14:27   #1207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Typically HHC gives you 2 seconds after removing from your foot from the brake pedal and that allows you to move and press the accelerator pedal without the car rolling back, at least in the Yeti.
I think it will hold it till you want to hold it (not just 2 seconds). It says : "Hill Hold to hold it from rolling back, in case you’ve stopped uphill."
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 14:54   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
I think it will hold it till you want to hold it (not just 2 seconds). It says : "Hill Hold to hold it from rolling back, in case you’ve stopped uphill."
Hill Hold Control is just there for the moment you are switching your right foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. It will not indefinitely hold the car on an incline. It's just a convenience feature developed to avoid doing the hand brake maneuver to prevent rolling back when driving on inclines.
Old 15th August 2022, 15:09   #1209
BHPian

Slightly Tangential point ( Mods may delete if necessary )

What is frustrating is the lack of detailed specifications for such high priced vehicles? Even a 5000 rupee Bluetooth speaker has a detailed specification sheet along with user manual that will leave nothing to imagination.

Here we have a 20 Lakh vehicle with sketchy and high level specs. I hope some of the manufacturers can take the lead and share the complete specification document prior to the sale. I mean, how hard can it be.

We are seeing endless queries on sound system / HHC / No of airbags etc..
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 18:27   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Here we have a 20 Lakh vehicle with sketchy and high level specs. I hope some of the manufacturers can take the lead and share the complete specification document prior to the sale. I mean, how hard can it be.
I would say M&M is 100 times better than Toyota and Maruti Suzuki who unveiled HYryder & GRand Vitara duo, and you have to pre-book to secure an early delivery. No TD, no display car available. No priority number alloted against the pre-booking. No price protection against the pre-booking. Nobody is there to explain the features of the relatively new hybrid technology.

The business model is launch a car, put some absurd booking procedure, pay the YouTube influencers and give them some priority delivery on same day, your cars will be selling like hotcakes.
RijuC is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 18:41   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Slightly Tangential point ( Mods may delete if necessary )

What is frustrating is the lack of detailed specifications for such high priced vehicles? Even a 5000 rupee Bluetooth speaker has a detailed specification sheet along with user manual that will leave nothing to imagination.

We are seeing endless queries on sound system / HHC / No of airbags etc..
I have found Mahindra to be more detailed than most manufacturers in releasing specs. Of course there is room for improvement. See attached brochure which was shared with me by the SA the day it was released by Mahindra. I also found it available on their website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scorpio Big Daddy_CombinedBrochure.pdf (4.77 MB, 461 views)
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:11   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Where in Thane brother ? let's catch up some day..

Traffic conditions are worsening day by day and might improve slightly post the Metro starts but still my preference now would be AT only. Gone are the days when AT's used to have less mileage etc.
Definitely will catch up some day, with Thane having only dealership, we will cross paths someday sooner than later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
If you love the MT, go for it. Like you say, you have no issues driving stick. With AT out of the way, you have flexibility to go for a higher variant or save a couple of lakhs.

P.S., Whenever I have been in confusions like this, I have always realised later that I was overthinking. At the end of all my contemplations, I end up buying what the heart wants. If you buy what you like the most, there are no regrets later.
Scorpio N is the heart's choice, will be continuing my booking with AT, sometimes listening to wife means no regrets later

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
We my friend, are on the same page, approaching 40s. I have been driving diesels for 10+ years, MT all my life. Trust me, for a city like Mumbai and especially Thane, if not now but later you might crave for an AT.
Try to get a test drive in dense traffic of both MT and AT to get a better understanding.
Yes, it does get hectic in traffic on EEH most of the days of week. With only limited distance TD available due to current rush that too on a fixed stretch, it is only difficult to imagine the comfort one gets in an AT.

In the meanwhile visited dealership and had a good chat with my SA. Though he is not allotted to me, but since the time Scorpio N wasn't launched I have been in his contact when I took a TD of 700.
He has total 13 bookings (out of 1 lakh claimed by MNM). Out of these, 7 are price protected, only one 4WD (mine) and only one more Z8/L. This particular dealership is having 1000 bookings (total 20 SAs of dealership) in total of 1 Lakh, only some 100-150 are price protected.

However these details are for direct consumers, they do not have details of those booked online. Though my booking is online, since I am in regular contact with him, he counted me aswell in his bookings.

This gives a fare bit of comparison of variants booked in general. Most of us here are discussing about 4WD, however it seems that majority of consumers are going for lower variants.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:54   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
This gives a fare bit of comparison of variants booked in general. Most of us here are discussing about 4WD, however it seems that majority of consumers are going for lower variants.
Did he mention anything on delivery timelines for Z8L 4WD - under introductory offer? Though Mahindra is prioritising Z8L variants, some YouTubers are claiming that 4WD deliveries would be delayed - just like XUV7OO AWD deliveries.

On a side note, with Toyota not accepting diesel bookings for Innova, the lead times for Scorpio N will be long now.
Old 15th August 2022, 22:10   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
The feature you are referring to is available as "AUTO HOLD", which is only available in XUV 700, luxury pack variant, not Scorpio-N.

You can refer to these posts (and the video shown therein) for further details:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5378242 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5378289 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Hill Hold Control is just there for the moment you are switching your right foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. It will not indefinitely hold the car on an incline. It's just a convenience feature developed to avoid doing the hand brake maneuver to prevent rolling back when driving on inclines.
Yes, exactly.
Old 15th August 2022, 22:29   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Did he mention anything on delivery timelines for Z8L 4WD - under introductory offer? Though Mahindra is prioritising Z8L variants, some YouTubers are claiming that 4WD deliveries would be delayed - just like XUV7OO AWD deliveries.

On a side note, with Toyota not accepting diesel bookings for Innova, the lead times for Scorpio N will be long now.
These SAs are mostly unaware of whats cooking at Mahindra at large. They are clear with dealership numbers which are under their direct control. Though he mentioned that there are less bookings for 4WD and hence may be delivered early as that much transmissions can be made available at factory level. He kept mentioning Z8/L variants is the top priority. Also, with limited knowledge he had, he told me that Mahindra has planned to deliver most of the price protected units within this year. But taking into account the number of Z6s, the delivery of these mostly booked variant (as per this dealership numbers) is going to get delayed.
As per his tally, most bookings are in Z6 taking into account the popular sunroof feature and also additional safety features (most people are not bothered about safety other than front airbags).

I am taking his information just for reference and it may not be generalized. Take the information with a pinch of salt. One thing I noticed during my 30 minutes at dealership (before my SA was relieved of ongoing TD), urban customers are still coming to the dealership quite unaware of Scorpio N features, current bookings, probable waiting period etc. Such at least three couples I could identify as me and my wife were just waiting for SA to come back and didn't have anything to do but check out the N and also discuss how Thar is not a practical car for 'single car' families. One couple came for Thar, checked out Scorpio N and started considering Scorpio N seriously during visit.

We, at team-BHP, are very well informed but not all the customers are.

This is a Metro region dealership, rural experience will be more tilted towards lower variants IMO.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 15th August 2022 at 22:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks