Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 17:23   #1381
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Yesterday I was watching this YouTube video and the person taking the TD of Scorpio N reported wheel spins multiple times. It seems Petrol variant is not suitable for bad/ broken road sections and has frequent wheel spin problem.

What could be the probable cause of this behaviour in petrol variant? Or it is a usual phenomenon?

Does it improve for the Diesel variant substantially or absent entirely? Considering this issue, whether prospective buyers should avoid Petrol variants for regular commutes on bad or broken roads/ kuchha / gravel roads?

YouTube video link:

https://Youtu.be/BAQUaaIiipo
My 2 cents. Please ignore such you tubers. By this standard, all powerful cars will have spin. Mahindra Petrol engine is being used in Thar for almost 2 years now and is a fantastic engine.I have a THAR petrol AT and yet to get a wheelspin and have been to all kind of roads. More a function of engine power/torque and how you drive than the engine itself. Ofcourse, you will not get views if you say so hence such statements from these you tubers.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 26th August 2022 at 17:26.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 23:52   #1382

Saw this post on Twitter. Scorpio N speakers exposed under Sunroof. Is this true?

https://twitter.com/jmatang02/status...jO_vPPMKg&s=08
Old 27th August 2022, 00:30   #1383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsk747 View Post
Saw this post on Twitter. Scorpio N speakers exposed under Sunroof. Is this true?

https://twitter.com/jmatang02/status...jO_vPPMKg&s=08
Speakers are also placed in door pockets and hence exposed to all sorts of weather elements: dust, water, etc. There should be no reason to be worried about the placement of the tweeter. Most importantly he is worried about sunroof remaining open for water ingress which is a rare possibility. Far lesser than the amount of water that enters the door pockets.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 02:20   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Yesterday I was watching this YouTube video and the person taking the TD of Scorpio N reported wheel spins multiple times. It seems Petrol variant is not suitable for bad/ broken road sections and has frequent wheel spin problem.

What could be the probable cause of this behaviour in petrol variant? Or it is a usual phenomenon?

Does it improve for the Diesel variant substantially or absent entirely? Considering this issue, whether prospective buyers should avoid Petrol variants for regular commutes on bad or broken roads/ kuchha / gravel roads?

YouTube video link:

https://Youtu.be/BAQUaaIiipo

It amuses me the kind of things clueless people complain about. Wheel spin can occur due to a powerful engine along with traction control being turned off while flooring it. How to avoid it? Well just press the accelerator less. Would you buy a Porsche and then complain that it keeps breaking the speed limit in less than 4 seconds and thus you can't use it on highways?

It's not a bad thing and I'm guessing that youtuber is complaining about it because he is used to driving underpowered cars. He doesn't seem knowledgeable at all and talks multiple times about "all the power going to the front wheels" when he is driving an RWD petrol

It's also kinda sad that Mahindra is handing out cars left and right to any clown with a youtube channel while I still haven't gotten a test drive of the diesel AT model even after booking the car.
Cresterk is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 08:02   #1385
BANNED

What is the likely hood that the below mods will be available for the ScorpioN in due course (either from Mahindra or after market):

2nd Row:
1) Sliding attachment for 2nd row rear seats (maybe with loss of bit headroom)
2) Fitting captain seats in 2nd row for the 4x4 models (don't know why this fantastic option is not available for 4x4 models)

3rd Row:
1) Split 3rd row seats
2) Side facing 3rd row seats
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 09:29   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
What is the likely hood that the below mods will be available for the ScorpioN in due course (either from Mahindra or after market):

2nd Row:
1) Sliding attachment for 2nd row rear seats (maybe with loss of bit headroom)
2) Fitting captain seats in 2nd row for the 4x4 models (don't know why this fantastic option is not available for 4x4 models)

3rd Row:
1) Split 3rd row seats
2) Side facing 3rd row seats
Will suggest you to get in touch with someone technical from the Mahindra dealership in your location and first understand why these things are not given by Mahindra itself. There has to be some reason for not offering a slider. Last time i had mentioned about those sliders developing a snag overtime and someone afterwards also mentioned the same thing spoken by their dealership and which could impact safety of occupants.

About captain seats, you should be able to get it done from Mahindra itself afterwards i guess as the body shell must already have the mounting points.

Third row split seats looks difficult as the mount points are on the extreme ends and nothing on the floor in the centre to hold the split seat. You might have to do alterations to the body floor which might impact warranty etc. Not sure though.

Why do you need side facing seats when the same are not good safety wise and also from the point of lateral motion issues. It might free up some space at the max. Aftermarket should provide some options though.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 27th August 2022 at 09:38. Reason: Spell checks
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 10:38   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Does the sunroof have auto sensing for rain, post which it closes on it's own. I read there is a feature which senses and informs the driver to close the sunroof and the windows when wipers start. In a very careless event, I think this absence of shield will make an impact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The Tata safari/harrier had this feature and it would auto close sunroof if the automatic wiper sensor detects rain.

I think Mahindra only provides warning and we need to close it ourselves. Perhaps because it doesn't have sunroof anti pinch function? I can't think of any other reason why it wouldnt close on its own.
The XUV 700 has this Sunroof autoclose feature when rain is detected in variants equipped with RLS i.e. rain & light sensing.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 11:07   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Speakers are also placed in door pockets and hence exposed to all sorts of weather elements: dust, water, etc. There should be no reason to be worried about the placement of the tweeter. Most importantly he is worried about sunroof remaining open for water ingress which is a rare possibility. Far lesser than the amount of water that enters the door pockets.
While i agree to a certain extent. But forgetting rain, the dust and debris thanks to Indian conditions will make cleaning the exposed part tough.

So Mahindra must do something regarding it as the layers of dust will eventually lead to mess and drain hole blockages.
SportsMedicine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:54   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
While i agree to a certain extent. But forgetting rain, the dust and debris thanks to Indian conditions will make cleaning the exposed part tough.

So Mahindra must do something regarding it as the layers of dust will eventually lead to mess and drain hole blockages.
We may shout and cry about what mahindra should do but what if it doesn’t ? In that case and otherwise too, i feel such feature like sunroof should be regularly checked by the owner and should clean the drain pipes, vacuum any dust etc. If not a DIY then from the SC. Even if mahindra provides a plastic cover around speakers, it is not going to keep that portion completely dust proof inevitably calling for periodic cleaning. Lets see what comes out on 26 sept
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 18:03   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting article on Overdrive online today, where Mr Bob Rupani has talked about the pre-booking hype created before launch and the liberal test drives offered by Mahindra, analysing facts during the Scorpio N mega launch, that has generated bookings worth Rs 180,000 crores.

https://www.overdrive.in/news-cars-a...-social-media/
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 18:42   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
An interesting article on Overdrive online today, where Mr Bob Rupani has talked about the pre-booking hype created before launch and the liberal test drives offered by Mahindra, analysing facts during the Scorpio N mega launch, that has generated bookings worth Rs 180,000 crores.

While on the topic of pre-booking, Does the introductory offer really translate into substantial savings for customers in comparison to the next pricing iteration? Or is the benefit more in the form of early delivery?
Old 27th August 2022, 19:21   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
While on the topic of pre-booking, Does the introductory offer really translate into substantial savings for customers in comparison to the next pricing iteration? Or is the benefit more in the form of early delivery?
Undeniably, the benefit is in the pricing. For Z8 (+L) bookings, it could be additive as Mahindra clearly are prioritizing the production of those models.
Old 27th August 2022, 20:07   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

While Mahindra has mastered the art of social media management as mentioned in the article and I am glad that they did; my view is that the success of the launch of all their recent vehicles and in this case Scorpio N; also has to do with the product and the price point. I cannot imagine any vehicle having 100K plus bookings just because of social media management. That is short selling a very discerning indian car buyer who values every dime they spend.
Old 27th August 2022, 22:21   #1394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
More than substantial savings or early delivery, I find what M&M is doing to be very customer centric.

It relieves so much tension specially if someone gets within the first 25K bookings. For some, this may mean delivery after 6 months at same cost, which may be what they wanted anyways!

Mahindra is really giving "Mischief protection" more than "Price protection" as I have mentioned earlier. They are really ensuring Dealers remain grounded.
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 22:49   #1395

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this wonderful platform.
I booked a Scorpio N - Z8 Petrol with the introductory price. Got a call from SA from Koncept Safdarjung couple of days back for the KYC documents..Seems things are moving!!
I have already sold my previous ride so hoping to get Scorpio-N early.

I also have bookings for XUV 700 AX5 petrol and Grand Vitara AWD( wife's preference).

On my part I am a bit confused between XUV700 AX5 and Scorpio N Z8.. Maybe early delivery will be the deciding factor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks