Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 00:11   #2086
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Could someone who has some knowledge about the above explain in a laymans term.
If you go a few posts back I posted the same. The clutch slave cylinder(CSC) is prone to failure as told by the manufacturer. Its the part that is responsible for engaging the clutch when you press the pedal. Its a hydraulic system and the rubber seal is weaker in the older cylinder. Mahindra is not taking any chances and hence calling all the customers with that batch and asking them to get it replaced as soon as possible just to avoid unforeseen problems.

It’s a routine job and tens of cars come in every day for the same. It will ensure that no problems in clutch is faced in normal driving conditions. It’s a pro active approach and should give you a peace of mind. These type of recalls are normal in the first batch cars.

The other two things are general checks that came from other problems reported by customers. So you shouldn’t worry much.
kushgandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 08:26   #2087
BHPian

Quote:

a. CSC Replacement
b. Streeing | Shaft MTG Bolts Retorquing
c. Check NOX Sensor and EWP Hose Clamps Fitments.
Is yours a manual or AT? Is it a 6 ro 7 seater? This list is much smaller than others that I have seen
Old 16th December 2022, 08:41   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Is yours a manual or AT? Is it a 6 ro 7 seater? This list is much smaller than others that I have seen
Mine is manual 7 seater Z8L diesel. So as per your statement there are more niggles that others are facing!!!
Old 16th December 2022, 11:03   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He told something like clutch pedal getting stuck at the bottom after pushing it.

a. CSC Replacement

Could someone who has some knowledge about the above explain in a laymans term.
The thing has been explained in detail in the following post. Click the link to know more :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5451444 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)
Old 16th December 2022, 13:02   #2090

Hello All, just wanted to check, has anyone got the delivery of Scorpio-N Z4 in or around Mumbai region? For me, earlier the tentative delivery date was reflecting between 12th Dec 22 to 13th Jan 23 on the Mahindra website; however the delaer doesn't have any clue as to when it will be delivered. So now thinking of escalating it to Mahindra. Hoping to receive some update soon!
Old 16th December 2022, 23:28   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
9. Manual variant is missing the remote start and remote AC control which is disappointing
The manual variant simply cannot have this feature. Imagine you've parked in gear and attempt remote start . That could be catastrophic.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th December 2022 at 23:29.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 10:11   #2092
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The manual variant simply cannot have this feature. Imagine you've parked in gear and attempt remote start . That could be catastrophic.
Even the Automatic variants that come with remote start, can only be started if they are in “P”. I guess, same could have been done for Manual variants. If the car is in neutral then only it can be started remotely. AFAIK Hyundai bluelink is doing this for manual and auto!
Old 17th December 2022, 22:23   #2093
BHPian

At launch people like me booked the Z6 over Z4 mainly for Andernox and Drive modes. The other additional feature in Z6 is sunroof and larger meter console.

Given that Z4 already has drive modes, I hope Mahindra does something to justify the 1L+ premium over Z6.
geekyengineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 22:56   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
At launch people like me booked the Z6 over Z4 mainly for Andernox and Drive modes. The other additional feature in Z6 is sunroof and larger meter console.

Given that Z4 already has drive modes, I hope Mahindra does something to justify the 1L+ premium over Z6.
Z4 AT which has the drive modes is costlier than Z6 MT.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 23:11   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Z4 AT which has the drive modes is costlier than Z6 MT.
Yes I am also comparing Z6 AT with Z4 AT. Diesel only since Z6 is available in Diesel only varient.
Old 17th December 2022, 23:17   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Yes I am also comparing Z6 AT with Z4 AT. Diesel only since Z6 is available in Diesel only varient.
Understood. I knew Z4 will get drive modes as it is an engine specific feature, not variant specific. I personally did not go for Z6 because I thought paying 1 lakh extra for sunroof and Adrenox was not worth it. I don't particularly see much value of a sunroof in a hot and polluted city like Delhi. I will utilise the price difference to upgrade to alloy wheels. For some people sunroof seems to be a must. Guess each one to their own.

I don't really think there will be any other difference between Z4 AT and Z6 AT. Maybe vanity mirror at best.
rodeoz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 07:43   #2097
BHPian

I had booked a Diesel Z4 AT (price protected). Last week I got a call from the dealer simply asking me if I have booked ScorpioN with them.

A close acquaintance has a 5 month old manual XUV700 MX Diesel (I'm thoroughly impressed with it), which he may hand me down. I'll easily save close to 3Lakh.

Finances aren't a concern, the only reason I'm considering the option is because something with the XUV7OO makes me feel that it is really well designed. I actually liked driving it a tad bit more than driving the ScorpioN.

Any suggestions how I should further narrow down on better criteria ?
Old 18th December 2022, 08:14   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

A close acquaintance has a 5 month old manual XUV700 MX Diesel (I'm thoroughly impressed with it), which he may hand me down. I'll easily save close to 3Lakh.
There are significant differences between Z4 and MX variants. Most notable being drive modes, 7 seat option, better integrated center console with music system and then on safety front ESC, Hill Hold and Hill descend control.

My personal opinion would be to stick to Z4 unless you are ready for above compromises.
geekyengineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 14:50   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like a bus coming to a start. The noise is not noticeable from inside the cabin but is very loud if observed from outside.

I have attached the video of the same.

Is anybody else facing a similar issue? Is this normal for ScorpioN Automatic?
My automatic has the same issue. I was told not to apply parking brakes in the car if it is not parked on a slope. Just put the car in park mode. I don't know how much true it is and didn't make any sense to me but I have been told, the parking brakes are not fully disengaged as some rubber part is sticking to the disc due to the disk being hot and we applying the parking break right after the journey. Once I applied this, I am not hearing the noise but I am also careful to engage the parking brake if I am not sure about the slope.

This is my first automatic so can anyone confirm if the car can move if it is in Park mode and the parking brake is not engaged?
Old 19th December 2022, 17:12   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Any suggestions how I should further narrow down on better criteria ?
You are right, I agree that XUV700 feels premium even at base level. Here is my take on XUV700 MX diesel: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/brough...7-pros-14-cons

Having owned it for a while, I would recommend you to stick with Z4 because
1. Scorpio is body on frame SUV, can be used much ruggedly.
2. Scorpio has ESP and other safety features, which are misssing in initial batch of XUV700 MX.
3. 7 seats, if that is important to you.
4. XUV700 Mx still didn't get android auto and no ETA. Outright cheating by Mahindra.

If you've 2nd thoughts about Z4, You can go with new XUV700 MX with ESP.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks