Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 01:00   #2071
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Got a Call from Mahindra that my second key was available to collect. As I went to the service centre the service manager told me that the following actions were needed to be done.

I think all of the issues that are discussed in this forum were checked in all the the cars that came to the service centre.

The coolant leakage issue mentioned by anshuman.
Seat replacement due to tumbling function not working.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-4b8b7744e4ed497cb6785b73dd3d5266.jpeg

The slave cylinder replacement was also done as mine is a july manufactured manual 4x4. The slave cylinder was removed professionally and the task took a bit more time as compared to the 2wd variant. The slave cylinder is with a better rubber seal that doesn’t allow dust to enter the which was causing failure in some vehicles.

To my surprise the slave cylinder removed from my car had a broken rubber seal. The service head showed me the exact Problem and said that I was lucky to get it changed as it could fail any time. The rubber is significantly thicker on the new slave cylinder.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-b62b2cc5df2b46d3b65b32f25284849d.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 09:38   #2072
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Drove my Scorpio N around 700KMs, I plan to write a detailed review after driving it for a few thousand kilometres. Here are a quick highlights.

1. Feels great on the highway and the city traffic however, I have to be careful in my street and parking.
2. Clutch failed at 270KMs. Cylinder, clutch plate, pressure plate has to be changed. Caused me a whole day.
I still don’t feel confident about the clutch.
I am coming from petrol and I like the way it works on petrol. It’s not heavy but not as soon as petrol.
3. It is hard to figure out that there is a 2.2L diesel engine under the hood, it’s silent.
4. Acceleration and torque is amazing. It will reach 100 in no time.
5. Speed breakers and potholes, are no more speed breakers and potholes.
6. Ground clearance may be low on papers but on road it’s ample.
7. Second row passengers are enjoying the commanding position.
8. Head turner for the outsiders and the passengers dont really want to sit in any other car now.
9. Manual variant is missing the remote start and remote AC control which is disappointing
10. Infotainment always start with radio as source which is irritating.
11. Same is with climate control not retaining the previous settings, starts around 21 degrees.
12. Auto start stop is sometimes miss sometimes hit.
13. Sunroof curtain vibrates at high speed.
14. Noise insulation is great but after 90-100kmph you will get the noise.
15. Haven’t explored the 4x4 yet, will post it in detailed review.
16. LED headlights are amazing. Projector fog lamps/cornering light and high beam are my favourite.
17. Ingress footboard’s place is seamless and on point.
18. I enjoy the way I get on the driver seat. Feels like riding a horse.
unpopulrxplorer is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:32   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
Drove my Scorpio N around 700KMs, I plan to write a detailed review after driving it for a few thousand kilometres. Here are a quick highlights.
Did M&M confirm in writing that the clutch failure happened due to the same reason for which MT ScorpoiN and XUV700 are recalled?
Old 13th December 2022, 13:05   #2074
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the experience in your ScorpioN. I would like to share a poor experience that I have faced with my car.

We got the delivery of our ScorpioN (Z8L, Petrol Automatic) in Sep end and since the first few days itself, the car is making a weird noise every time I change the gears between Reverse and Drive. It sounds like a bus coming to a start. The noise is not noticeable from inside the cabin but is very loud if observed from outside.

I have attached the video of the same.

Is anybody else facing a similar issue? Is this normal for ScorpioN Automatic?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScorpioN Noise.mp4.zip (6.03 MB, 122 views)
Old 13th December 2022, 13:22   #2075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the experience in your ScorpioN. I would like to share a poor experience that I have faced with my car.

We got the delivery of our ScorpioN (Z8L, Petrol Automatic) in Sep end and since the first few days itself, the car is making a weird noise every time I change the gears between Reverse and Drive. It sounds like a bus coming to a start. The noise is not noticeable from inside the cabin but is very loud if observed from outside.

I have attached the video of the same.

Press the brake pedal firmly next time and try changing the AT gear position please and let us know.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:25   #2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
To anyone in Mumbai keen on getting a Scorpio N Z 8 L G AT 7 Seater BS6 , DEEP FOREST COLOUR immediately please DM me as I’ve been allotted one and it’s ready in the yard but I’m not currently planning to purchase it
Recently I went for a test drive to Bhavna motors, Navi Mumbai and wanted to check if there was any ScorpioN readily available for delivery and the SA told me that there is one Deep Forest available. Did you also book this at Bhavna?
Old 13th December 2022, 18:54   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Did M&M confirm in writing that the clutch failure happened due to the same reason for which MT ScorpoiN and XUV700 are recalled?
No they haven’t confirmed this in written however the service manager verbally confirmed that it is the same issue. TBH, I didn’t consider getting this in written however, now I am thinking to get this in written at 1000KM service.

Thanks for sharing this!
unpopulrxplorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:59   #2078

Hi everyone, I am going for the PDI of my Z8L D AT tomorrow. What all should I check for?
Old 14th December 2022, 04:19   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxh View Post
Hi everyone, I am going for the PDI of my Z8L D AT tomorrow. What all should I check for?

The Team-bhp checklist should help

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
ROG_AK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 15:50   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
So Finally, Tyre Upgrade for my Scorpio N(Z8L AT 4x4 ) is completed.
I was also seriously considering upgrade to 265/60/R18 as soon as I take delivery but put the plan on hold for now. My Z8L AT 4X4 runs on stock MRF Wanderer All Season tyres and those are pathetic. I will hopefully be upgrading to All Terrain tyres after a year.
Did you consider installing a lift kit or spacers so that the tyres don't scrap.
Do share if you face any problem because of upgrading tyres.
Old 14th December 2022, 19:24   #2081
BHPian

Does the Scorpio N come with a full size spare wheel? If so, does the Z8L come with 18 or 17 inch? Also is the spare an alloy wheel for any variant? Requesting owners to clarify. Thanks in advance..
Old 14th December 2022, 20:55   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Does the Scorpio N come with a full size spare wheel?...
Only the Z8L 4WD AT comes with a full size spare of 255/60/R18 which is a steel rim wrapped in MRF Wanderer.
Whereas rest all of the variants get a 245/65/R17 steel rim as a spare regardless of transmission or variant, only difference being that the lower variants get the Bridgestone Ecopia’s whereas upper variants get the Apollo Apterra HT2’s.
Old 15th December 2022, 12:08   #2083
BHPian

A complaint by many, including me, is the limited ground clearance of the Scorpio N for certain off road scenarios. I was just browsing the m2all for some accessories came across the underbody protection kit by mahindra. Although it’s a steel plate rather than the preferred aluminium it’s still a good starting point for enhancing the cars capabilities.The def tank protection Is something for which people may have to go for third party option.

Would like experts to comment on the material (steel vs aluminium) and price (11k) of the plate.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2abe612107cd476e9e93cb60001b97ba.png
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:55   #2084
BHPian

My Scorpio N was due for first service. I thought that I would give it for first service after completing 1000 kms. But the customer service executives from my dealer started calling me to give the vehicle for first service and they started pestering me. Just to avoid the pestering calls, decided to give it for first service. I thought that it'll only washing and checking oil and other starndard things that will be carried out as part of first service. But to my surprise the executive called me and told that apart from first service they have to do few other repairs. I enquired about the repairs then the service executive told me apart first service, that they have to do the following. He told something like clutch pedal getting stuck at the bottom after pushing it.

a. CSC Replacement
b. Streeing | Shaft MTG Bolts Retorquing
c. Check NOX Sensor and EWP Hose Clamps Fitments.

Being a normal car user, all above are greek and latin for me

Then I asked the service executive whether this is a recall from Mahindra to fix issues and the answer came as Yes.

Could someone who has some knowledge about the above explain in a laymans term.
Attached Images

Old 15th December 2022, 21:12   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Hi Everyone,

the car is making a weird noise every time I change the gears between Reverse and Drive. It sounds like a bus coming to a start. I have attached the video of the same.

Something is definitely wrong here, I would suggest visiting the SVC at the earliest before using any further. I'm not sure about the exact Auto gear engaging sound on the ScorpioN, but as far as I have heard gear engaging sound if any should be a smooth "latch" kind of sound as soon as the lever is moved to D or R and not a continuous rubbing one as in your case.
Do keep us posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks