Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 12:59   #2206

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Is there an update on the Apple Car Play installation for the Scorpio N? The service centre and the dealerships in Gurgaon seem clueless?
Old 17th January 2023, 16:16   #2207
GKU
BHPian

Recently took a test drive of Diesel automatic. Me and better half fell in love with it. Since I come from hatchback, I did feel left to right movement bit more than my swift(I guess typical of BOF). booked Z8 D MT on 12th Jan.

Points in favor
1.Very airy cabin and felt nice to sit
2.Mind-blowing exterior
3.Very comfortable seats (1st and 2nd Row)
4.Coming from small hatchback like swift , I felt easy to drive
5.Engine felt very peppy and eager to surge ahead, very nice
6.Felt easy to maneuver in moderate traffic of Kanakapura road, Bangalore
7.5-star safety rating

Points going against

1.Unrealistic waiting period. I don’t think I will wait beyond September 2023.
2.4 wheel drive unit brought to my residence to check ease of parking, was making frequent ‘tik tik tik’ noise. this noise was very similar to noise of silencer cooling down in two wheeler.
3.While taking out the vehicle from dealer’s parking lot, wheels were making noise as if they are jammed. Felt really concerned. again, it was Diesel AT, but not 4x4.
4.Brakes felt bit wired, it had some sort of sudden bite (I prefer progressive), it may be issue with test drive unit, so not really complaining here.

Because of waiting period, I am considering other options as well ( Tata safari, Harrier and Grand Vitara) . I feel Tatas are tad expensive for what they offer and GV is fantastic value for money. I took test drive of GV mild hybrid. overall, very good vehicle but heart is fixed on Scorpio N .

One more price hike from Mahindra or delivery beyond September, I may be driving home Grand Vitara.

16th Jan update -Upgraded my booking to Z8L D MT thinking waiting period will comedown, but now dealer is promising similar delivery timeline for Z8L as well
GKU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 19:12   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
The problem in Scorpio N is that the 12V socket is provided at the back of the car. So rear tyres might not be an issue and also front tyre on the side of the socket but front diagonal one might be a challenge.

People who have the car and tried the same can share their experience.
So I bought the Tusa air inflator - the one which comes with a 12.10ft cord. It just barely manages to reach the driver side front nozzle. That too when you make sure the cord takes the minimum route to the tyre and the nozzle is as much towards the door as possible. But I couldn't find any inflator with a longer cord so I guess it is what it is.

Got my first scratch on the N. What surprised me was that even with the mildest of brushes against the rear plastic guard of a bike, the paint kind of peeled off. Any suggestions on what to do with this? It isn't another layer of paint on top of white so I guess rubbing won't help. It's like the paint just peeled off exposing the black base colour. Will perhaps live with it until the next service when I will ask them to touch it up if possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230119_203913.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st January 2023 at 21:00. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 10:16   #2209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
What your SA told is true that in-spite of being able to avail relatively cooler air, we can merely control the blower speed but we cannot change the temperatures for the rear other than already set from the front.
But I could not feel any change in the temperature from the 2nd row AC vents even, it was a constant ~16C even after changing the temperature from both consoles in the front.
Old 21st January 2023, 06:59   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I request testing whether the new tyre is touching the inner wheel-well wall by loading the car with 5 passengers and some luggage, i.e. when the suspension is under full-load condition.
I was on a 3000 km of tour in the new year with family. 1st and 2 rows was fully occupied by me, wife, kid and parents who are 65+. last, the third row was folded to keep luggage for 10 days for all 5 people.
Went through the expressway, broken patches and rural roads and did not feel anything negative due to the tyre change. on the positive side felt more stability, traction and better breaking due to the tyre change. I can vouch because I have driven 5500 km with the stock MRF wanderer tyre, so can feel the difference easily.
Have done off-roading also especially wheel articulation to check the tyre rub against the inner wall but no such found. so overall happy with the decision.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 12:01   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Recently did a TD and was very much impressed with the way car drives, especially the ease of driving and stability considering the dimensions, one thing that felt lagging was the throttle response, my TD car was a diesel AT(not sure if 4*4 or 4*2) and the SA told me that it doesn't have driving modes. Can anyone confirm the same? Through out the drive, car felt like it's on Eco mode the whole time.
Old 21st January 2023, 18:14   #2212
BHPian

Update on my Scorpio N Z8L Diesel AT that I got on 23 Oct 2022. I've only completed 2500kms and it's been mostly in Gurgaon - where the morning /evening office traffic is bad but rest of the day is ok.

I've got an average of 11.8kms per l, full tank method. Display varies between 11.5 and 12.7. I drive it in the Zap mode, but a friend who owns a XUV700 recommended trying zoom mode to increase mileage in the city, will do that now. I know it sounds weird that zoom more should give more mileage but he insists so will try.

I have upgraded from an XUV500 (yes, this is really an upgrade) and I used to own a Scorpio CRDE between 2005 and 2013. So far, I'm very happy with this car. Its way easier to drive with the light steering and the auto gears. The inside is comfortable, music system is excellent. I haven't faced any mechanical or other issues.

The only trouble is with Android Auto strictly following Murphy's Law - it works all the time except when I really need Google maps on the screen. The bluetooth connects and handsfree works fine all the time, so thats ok. Why the Android Auto will not connect sometimes is a mystery. ASC says next software update should solve the issue - don't know when that will arrive (anyone has any info??)
slylenser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:16   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Update on my Scorpio N Z8L Diesel AT that I got on 23 Oct 2022.

The inside is comfortable, music system is excellent. I haven't faced any mechanical or other issues.
Good to read this. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st January 2023 at 21:02. Reason: Please avoid typing...like...this... Thanks.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 08:38   #2214
GKU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Recently did a TD and was very much impressed with the way car drives, especially the ease of driving and stability considering the dimensions, one thing that felt lagging was the throttle response, my TD car was a diesel AT(not sure if 4*4 or 4*2) and the SA told me that it doesn't have driving modes. Can anyone confirm the same? Through out the drive, car felt like it's on Eco mode the whole time.
It must be 4x4. You don't get drivings modes in them.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230122-8.35.03-am.png  

GKU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:19   #2215

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
So I bought the Tusa air inflator - the one which comes with a 12.10ft cord. It just barely manages to reach the driver side front nozzle. That too when you make sure the cord takes the minimum route to the tyre and the nozzle is as much towards the door as possible. But I couldn't find any inflator with a longer cord so I guess it is what it is.
There are "car lighter extension cables" available on Amazon - and clip-on cables that can be attached to the car battery. They're not particularly cheap, though.
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:43   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster666 View Post
There are "car lighter extension cables" available on Amazon - and clip-on cables that can be attached to the car battery. They're not particularly cheap, though.
I actually found a cheap one which Maruti manufactures.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230123_114147_samsung-internet.jpg  

rodeoz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:42   #2217
BHPian

@vinbie2019 You asked about Wolfbox dashcam installation. I am replying in this thread so that it may help others who face a similar issue also, I cannot upload pictures in private replies to "show" you pictures that might be of great help.

The car dealer saying that dash cams cannot be installed because of airbags is not true at all. I know a few others also who have installed Wolfbox dashcams. The wires don't go anywhere near the airbags at all.

I got it done by a local car decor guy. The Wolfbox distributor is a very very helpful guy named Sarthak. He will help you right through all steps. If you are based in either Hyderabad, Pune, or Trivandrum, I can even tell you where to go to get it installed.

Do let me know what help you need with regard to installing it. I am attaching some pictures for your reference.

Look at the clarity and notice the time on the right side

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-front-camera.jpg

This is where I placed the back camera

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-back-camera.jpg

This is the fuse box diagram of N

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-fuse-box.jpg

These are the connections to be made. Please make sure that you get the hard wire kit.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-fuse-box02.jpg
chipsnchops is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 21:42   #2218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, please share your review on high speed stability of the vehicle. Here is a YT review where owner is saying ScorpioN is unstable over 120 KMPH.

https://Youtu.be/lss9nTQ5aeE
I dont think so. It's quite stable and also noise level is under control till 140s. However after crossing 140, the passengers start feeling the speed due to the roaring of engine though the vehicle remains stable.
Kathiravansub is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 23:14   #2219
BHPian

Guys, has anyone configured Alexa Echo to start the N with voice command, the way Pratap Bose showed in the ad ? A you-tuber Jojo Wheelie has also done similar thing with XUV700 in a showroom.

If anyone has done so, pls. Share steps and what apps are required apart from Alexa app on phone

Regards,
Old 27th January 2023, 12:31   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Guys, has anyone configured Alexa Echo to start the N with voice command, the way Pratap Bose showed in the ad ? A you-tuber Jojo Wheelie has also done similar thing with XUV700 in a showroom.

If anyone has done so, pls. Share steps and what apps are required apart from Alexa app on phone

Regards,
Check out this video below. At around 2:10, he shows remote start. Not sure if this if what you are looking for but thought of sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks