Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 18:57   #2371
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

I am still waiting for my Z8D AT delivery (Introductory Price).

Has anybody converted into a 5-seater with a big boot and flat floor?
Old 5th April 2023, 22:13   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I am still waiting for my Z8D AT delivery (Introductory Price).

Has anybody converted into a 5-seater with a big boot and flat floor?
That’s my plan once the kids are too big to sit in the 3rd row.
Of course that means they will need to be strapped to the rooftop carrier :

Jokes apart, with the 3rd row gone the boot becomes extremely spacious and practical for carrying large and heavy loads, thanks to the BoF robustness.
Old 6th April 2023, 00:27   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
If I'm not mistaken, while this new orientation might be great for those wanting a flat boot area and also for segregation of small items normally kept in the boot of a car that would otherwise be tossed around, if they are not compartmentalized; I think this change would also mean that the previously available "tuck in" space beneath the unfolded 3rd row seat has now decreased a lot, in comparison.

All Scorpio-N owners who have the old boot orientation, will probably understand what I mean.

For those might be wondering, it might seem like nothing, but it was possible to tuck in bags with just clothes beneath the 3rd row even when it wasn't folded. Now, with this change in boot orientation, it seems like it wouldn't be possible to do that anymore.
Incinerated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 00:52   #2374
BHPian

As Z6 has started rolling out, I took a test drive last Sunday before confirming with SA to proceed or not.

The test drive vehicle was a Z8L DAT 4x4. I currently drive a Zest D AMT.

I have a problem with motion sickness that gets triggered depending on the vehicle and smells. This was the reason why I started touring on my own with a bike and now a car.

My stomach was curling just by seeing the way N was being brought by the SA. There was heavy vertical movement at both ends and also sideways movement. He had to brake many times and reverse to align with the road; hence, I could see the dance N was making. From the driver's point of view, there are no complaints whatsoever, but being a passenger is a different story.

Here are my observations (seems opposite to what people have been saying here). I agree with all handling and suspension capabilities though.

There is no engine sound normally, not even a hum, but you hear it when you rev it even slightly. I am not sure it can be called silent, but it's relatively silent. It makes a sound but not in an unpleasant way.

Headroom seems less as my head almost touches the roof liner and speaker. I am of average height, 169 cm. Once you start driving, you won't notice, but if you sit and observe, then you realize how close you are to the roof liner. And no, the driver's seat wasn't at its highest position, and I observed this in the passenger seat too.

I drove a petrol AT last year for 500 meters, and I did not feel any vibration, even on the steering or anywhere. This diesel AT was smooth, but I could feel the vibration and engine running, that too in the middle row. It was a light buzzing feeling.

The last row seems better than the XUV 700 for passengers as it seats higher and has good visibility. The XUV folds better.

I felt twice that the engine was lugging, both times at a U-turn. It was in default mode, in D.

Two observations may drive me away from N.

- The middle row comfort is okay, but I could feel motion sickness when my wife was driving. It was a normal city drive with obvious surprises on the roads, and the feather-light brakes were not helping much (they were great in slowing down the vehicle, but they were also creating violent movement inside the car).

- Door closing problem. There were three occasions when good fellow road users informed us that the doors were not closed properly. The doors were the front passenger, driver, and passenger door at the back. We had switched seats, hence three different doors at three different time frames.
Somehow, it was not indicated on the console.

We did not like it when we first observed it in one showroom last year (when test drives were not available). It was taking three attempts to close the doors when all windows were rolled up. This is a safety concern, and we do not like closing the doors like maniacs.

Now, in hindsight, I feel I should have retained the Z8 booking too as I had got the introductory price protection.

By the way, this is a huge car, and I also have to think about parking. The Zest will have to go; even in that case, it will create a problem for my existing bike and scooty.
KumarS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:32   #2375
BHPian

I'd like to share something that I noticed in my Z4 D AT. It is about the mileage I get in the city in the different modes. If I drive smoothly in the ZIP mode, I get anywhere from 8-10 kmpl in city traffic. There is an instant mileage meter below the AFE (Av. Fuel Efficiency) reading, and you can see really go down when you are accelerating. Combined with the automatic gearbox that always seems to keep it in lower gears, your FE goes down.

However, the twist is that in ZOOM mode, it always shows better efficiency when you drive with a light foot. I always get more than 10 kmpl in the city in the same circumstances. It also feels a lot quicker and because of the increased power, it seems that the gearbox isn't shifting down as much and holds on to higher gears longer, shifting down only when you come to a complete stop or a crawl.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by vivekgk : 7th April 2023 at 10:44. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 7th April 2023, 19:29   #2376
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Is it possible to have MLD fitted in the 2WD version from Mahindra itself, like it's there for TUV/Neo?
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 04:32   #2377

I found this DEF error during my PDI of Z6 D MT which had a odo of 20km.Is it normal or some issue with sensor ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230407_162538.jpg  

Old 8th April 2023, 12:00   #2378

I'm expecting my Z6 MT (Diesel) next week and contemplating some aftermarket upgrades without compromising warranties. Need some suggestions on adding a subwoofer and fog lights (mostly aftermarket), on both choosing the right components and feasibility aspects (if the changes can be done without voiding warranty). Thanks in advance!
Old 8th April 2023, 12:42   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Is it possible to have MLD fitted in the 2WD version from Mahindra itself, like it's there for TUV/Neo?
Technically, yes. I know folks who have got it done on previous generation Scorpio. Whether ASC will do it or not, is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion143 View Post
I found this DEF error during my PDI of Z6 D MT which had a odo of 20km.Is it normal or some issue with sensor ?
Looks like a sensor issue as it is impossible for DPF to get clogged within 20 km unless the car is being run at very high altitudes. Ask them to reset it.

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th April 2023 at 12:43.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 17:01   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Looks like a sensor issue as it is impossible for DPF to get clogged within 20 km unless the car is being run at very high altitudes. Ask them to reset it.
Or is it posaible that car has been idling for hours ?
Can it cause DPF issue ?
Old 8th April 2023, 17:50   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
Or is it posaible that car has been idling for hours ?
Can it cause DPF issue ?
Possible but this would happen on many many hours of idling, and no dealer would spend that much on fuel
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 09:43   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I'd like to share something that I noticed in my Z4 D AT. It is about the mileage I get in the city in the different modes. If I drive smoothly in the ZIP mode, I get anywhere from 8-10 kmpl in city traffic. There is an instant mileage meter below the AFE (Av. Fuel Efficiency) reading, and you can see really go down when you are accelerating. Combined with the automatic gearbox that always seems to keep it in lower gears, your FE goes down.

However, the twist is that in ZOOM mode, it always shows better efficiency when you drive with a light foot. I always get more than 10 kmpl in the city in the same circumstances. It also feels a lot quicker and because of the increased power, it seems that the gearbox isn't shifting down as much and holds on to higher gears longer, shifting down only when you come to a complete stop or a crawl.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I too own Z4 D AT, its just 1 week old and, I have noticed the same with Zip mode. I see lot of gear shifts in zip mode especially in city crawling speeds.
I felt Zap to be better within city as it doesn't shift often and mileage is 10+. Never tried Zoom mode, but will check that today .

My current combined city and highway mileage is 15kmpl which I think is reasonable considering I am still getting used to AT gearbox
sulliavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 19:48   #2383
BHPian

Today, I checked out Z6 and was curious about the temperature display when adjusting the AC. I rotated the temperature knob but couldn't see any changes on the head unit. I was under the impression that the temperature would be displayed on the unit regardless of the model type.

After reading the brochure, it seems that only the Z8/L has dual-zone FATC, and the Z6 and below have manual AC controls. However, I still think that the temperature should be indicated even with manual controls.

Does anyone have any information about this? I'd appreciate any help or insight.

Thanks!
Old 10th April 2023, 19:58   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post

After reading the brochure, it seems that only the Z8/L has dual-zone FATC, and the Z6 and below have manual AC controls. However, I still think that the temperature should be indicated even with manual controls.
Manual AC doesn't have a display for AC set temperature. At best, the car can show ambient and outside temperature, but not what you can "set" with the AC. That is only possible with Automatic climate control.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 02:59   #2385

Can anyone confirm how many speakers are there in z8 and the audio quality, please?
mantaray is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks