Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 15:11   #2431
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post

Another one of my really major gripes is the car just cannot remember the drive modes that are set and keeps resetting back to Zap mode every single time you restart the car.
I was under the impression that Zap mode is where most of the people would want to stay at. Is that not the case?

Can you share tips about which mode you engage in under what kind of conditions? Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2023, 00:22   #2432
BHPian

Just received my Z6 D AT today from Harbir, Chandigarh.

The going is good!

However....

1. Does the top model have better tail lights with a vertical DRL of sorts in it?
2. There is no android auto on the stereo! My heart sank! It's there in the brochure, but when I connect a USB cable, it says device not supported.
3. Most of the accessories were out of stock.
4. The tail bumper comes with chrome! Not that black plastic. The door handles are also from the Z8, in silver. The plastic dash looks awkward though.
5. Karol Bagh, here I come. Any recommendations? I only know thar modifiers.
6. Fog lights - do they need stalk replacement?
7. Auto AC - any retrofitting possible?
8. Additional speakers (from 6->12) possible?
9. Going with an MLD once Dhanush confirms!
10. Crappy Bridgestone ecopia tyres. Swapping tomorrow. Any recommendations in Chandigarh?
11. Looks like I can go with aftermarket ventilated seats now. Glad I didn't Z8.

Thanks in advance!

Parting shot..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230421wa0017.jpg  

Last edited by wooka : 22nd April 2023 at 00:24.
wooka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:27   #2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post

The going is good!

However....

1. Does the top model have better tail lights with a vertical DRL of sorts in it?
2. There is no android auto on the stereo! My heart sank! It's there in the brochure, but when I connect a USB cable, it says device not supported.
3. Most of the accessories were out of stock.
4. The tail bumper comes with chrome! Not that black plastic. The door handles are also from the Z8, in silver. The plastic dash looks awkward though.
5. Karol Bagh, here I come. Any recommendations? I only know thar modifiers.
6. Fog lights - do they need stalk replacement?
7. Auto AC - any retrofitting possible?
8. Additional speakers (from 6->12) possible?
9. Going with an MLD once Dhanush confirms!
10. Crappy Bridgestone ecopia tyres. Swapping tomorrow. Any recommendations in Chandigarh?
11. Looks like I can go with aftermarket ventilated seats now. Glad I didn't Z8.

Thanks in advance!

Parting shot..
Congratulations for your beast wooka 👍 For modifications and accessories in Karol Bagh, just type venom and scorpio-N in YouTube and you will get several hits of Jai Auto, who has modified several Z4s to higher versions and seems to have a good knack and understanding of the N. Address and numbers as follows - CHAMUNDA BHAI - 9899131069, SONU BHAI-8130815325, JAI AUTO RAMA ROAD, 53B/20 Industrial Area , Rama Road , New Delhi-110015. Disclaimer: I don't own an N nor have I been to Jai myself for any of my cars ever nor do I know him. Sharing with you purely on the basis of my research on the N and ranom modification videos via YT. All the best 👍
Lion hearted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:31   #2434
BHPian

This is perfect. Thanks so much for your inputs brother!

I just swapped my (horrible) Bridgestone oem 245/65R17 tyres for 255/65R17 Yoko AT tyres WITH Mahindra original alloys at Batra Tyres in chandigarh for a mind boggling price. GST billed! I can highly recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230422_134452.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230422_135446.jpg  

wooka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 15:26   #2435

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Congratulations. I am also awaiting my Z6 delivery from Harbir.

- Can you send pic of plastic Dash?
- How much did it cost to sell your tyres? I am looking to upgrade to 18 inch wheels with Mahindra Alloys. Do I need to book in advance?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd April 2023 at 16:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:21   #2436
BHPian

Anyone has any work around for the pathetic Dealer experience, they are not warm and welcoming especially to Introductory price options. Dealer in question - Raj Mahindra , Mohali
Old 22nd April 2023, 20:18   #2437
BHPian

Today, I had completed my PDI for my Z8 AT 4WD.

I found a peculiar issue with the rear AC vent. Of the two rear vents, the cool air is coming only from one of them at a time. There is always normal/ambient air from one vent and the cool from the other. They alternate as per the toggle switch.

The sales person said that his is normal behaviour.

Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case?

TIA
Krinpit
krinpit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 04:50   #2438
BHPian

Good write up mate, I just wanted to know a few things about the car,
1. Is the sluggishness of the infotainment system too much on a daily use?
2. How is the space in the third row of seats?

Thanks in advance, Happy and safe motoring!
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:15   #2439
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Scorpio N is a handsome vehicle. No doubt about it.
But the luggage space, storage management and other design aspects could most certainly have been better.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0482.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0481.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0479.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0478.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0477.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0476.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0475.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0474.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0473.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0472.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0471.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0465.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd April 2023 at 12:21. Reason: Wrong tyre picture removed
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:25   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN20CQ5187 View Post
Good write up mate, I just wanted to know a few things about the car,
1. Is the sluggishness of the infotainment system too much on a daily use?
2. How is the space in the third row of seats?

Thanks in advance, Happy and safe motoring!
1. The system is very sluggish and often requires multiple taps to respond. Can get quite irritating. It is supposedly fixed in the latest infotainment Software update, along with the camera lag.

2. 3rd row Space is good for kids and short adults only. I have 2 reasonably tall boys (both under 13) who sit there without complaint. Can see them outgrowing it by the time they are 15.

Update:
Had the vehicle looked over by M&M staff from their Chakan plant. They took detailed logs from the OBD and USB ports and noted down feedback with an open mind.
Infotainment software should get updated within the next 2 weeks. Will keep the forum posted.
Old 23rd April 2023, 20:57   #2441

Does retrofitting fog lamps from service centre or from aftermarket also enable the cornering lamps in Z6 variant as the Z6 also got the steering angle position in the MID?
Sy00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 23:21   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
1. The system is very sluggish and often requires multiple taps to respond. Can get quite irritating. It is supposedly fixed in the latest infotainment Software update, along with the camera lag.

2. 3rd row Space is good for kids and short adults only. I have 2 reasonably tall boys (both under 13) who sit there without complaint. Can see them outgrowing it by the time they are 15.

Update:
Had the vehicle looked over by M&M staff from their Chakan plant. They took detailed logs from the OBD and USB ports and noted down feedback with an open mind.
Infotainment software should get updated within the next 2 weeks. Will keep the forum posted.
Very weird. The Z8L I used was very impressive in terms of system responsiveness in both the infotainment and the MID navigation. It almost felt like using an iPad which is a far cry from the infotainments used in Toyotas, my aging i20, pre facelift tatas etc.

Last edited by Cresterk : 23rd April 2023 at 23:25.
Old 24th April 2023, 00:42   #2443
BHPian

Well in my Z6 D AT delivered two days back, there is no android auto. I'm on 10.22.xx some version. The guys at Harbir Chandigarh couldn't fix it.

It's literally not available anywhere. Plugging in a USB cable brings up a device not supported sort of prompt.

On the plus side, it's snappy. Coming from the Thar 2022, it's much better.

Question - can we retrofit TPMS and / or stock cameras from the Z8? The COTEK said that there is no software based capability locking as was the case in previous Nippon systems.
Old 24th April 2023, 11:37   #2444
Senior - BHPian

I am still in the evaluation stage and quite far away from making an actual decision, however Scorpio N is amongst the top contenders. I will most probably go for the Z8 version as the L option is significantly stretching my budget. Few things I needed some expert advice on.

1. Book it online or offline?
2. The two showrooms closest to me in the order of distance are India Garage (whitefield) and Anant cars (Marathalli) with IC being the closer of the two. which of these two are better?
3. Of all the features that I think I would miss the most is the front camera and sensors. are these available as an accessory with Mahindra? I do not like to fiddle with the original look and feel of the car much.
4. We actually need a spacious 5 seater and very rare usage of the 7 seater car. With the last row tumbled down, would the luggage noise creep into the cabin? This is my biggest issue with the car and hence hesitant to pick it up. Anyone has any suggestions to cover the boot space without compromising the look and structure of the car?
Old 24th April 2023, 12:20   #2445
BHPian

I got a call from showroom today saying car is billed. They want me to make a down payment. How much should I be paying if at all at this point?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks