Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 11:48   #841

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
How can the dealers get bookings done in bulk where as common folks cant ?
They must've already entered the details in a database and just need to click "okay" to confirm all their bookings, most probably using SQL query.

Mine was similar, gone through XUV700 booking process thread from last year to grasp an idea how this works. Today sat with logged in with multiple devices, and main device having phone number entered ready to enter OTP. At the 1st go banner was "You are eligible under 25k Booking", the site was improved this time and OTP was incoming without any hassle, main issue came with the payment gateway which was crashed, 502 gateway error, kept retrying for ~15min when entered the payment gateway but it was without any options.

Tried 2-3 times more and the gateway was online again, booked via UPI and got the booking confirmation simultaneously, but it's showing "Prices at the time of delivery will be applicable". Lets see how this proceeds with the dealer, if he said will get through within 25k, I will stick to the booking, else have to cancel as I'm already overshooting my budget.

But I must say, the kind of hype Mahindra created and response they are getting back to back may be deceptive for us, but for them, this is the perfect money minting strategy, they've mastered the marketing thing as well, which is one of the many reasons for success for this Indian brand. Good to see finally Indians are making affirmed choice and not going with fancy tins.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpion_booking-copy.png  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th July 2022 at 12:11. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Rigs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:52   #842
BHPian

Quote:
My booking also shows the edit window till 15th August, should it be only for the first 25k bookings ?

I am confused now, am i in or not.
Sadly, you are not in. It says on the booking page, "price applicable at time of delivery"
Old 30th July 2022, 11:53   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Mine booking also says price applicable at time of delivery. So I guess I am not in top 25K.
Did you book through the dealer?
Old 30th July 2022, 11:54   #844
BHPian

Quote:
My booking also shows the edit window till 15th August, should it be only for the first 25k bookings ?

I am confused now, am i in or not.
I believe all are getting similar details. We will know only by EOD OR tomorrow on being part of first 25K or not. Dealers will be confirming that.

I did booking through dealer and he apparently booked ~1300 and he believes only 20 got into first 25K. As per him, he should get an update by EOD today and that update should confirm all the details

Keeping fingers crossed for now.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:59   #845
BHPian

Finally booked online. Have to be mentally prepared to shell out at-least 8-10 percent more than the introductory price and delivery by next diwali hopefully!!
Old 30th July 2022, 12:00   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Sadly, you are not in. It says on the booking page, "price applicable at time of delivery"
Yes, looks like.

But what puzzles me is that i saw the message within 5-10 seconds after 11:00 when the booking opened.

lets see if something clears up in the coming days.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th July 2022 at 12:10. Reason: spacing
Old 30th July 2022, 12:01   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post

Is there anyone who has successfully booked with introductory prices online ?
I received a sms confirming my booking at 11:01 am. I believe, mine is within first 25000 slot and still it's noted that the price will be applicable as per the time of delivery. I think it's a disclaimer to all those who have booked irrespective of first 25000 or not.

And also M&M has openly stated that they will prioritize Top end variants. So it depends on the model booked as well. Say someone stands at booking order 30000 and has booked top end 4x4, there is a high possibility that he may get the vehicle in introductory price. Same goes for some one who booked early but a lower end model will receive the vehicle late and so may have to pay extra.

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 30th July 2022 at 12:12.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:05   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Even booking the car at 11:08 Prices at time of delivery is showed in the confirmation. What about cancellations and multiple bookings done by dealers and customers online. even if we consider 10% cancelations and 10% duplicate bookings will the next 5000 customers have the price security.

A very confusing process for a company which wants to be the best in the industry.

But still the stress and flipkart like mobile sale aside. cant wait for the beast.

Attachment 2339907
Congratulations. The details on your screenshot are different compared to what most of us got. I believe yours was in the first 25K. The disclaimer is for star (*) mark but the price shows hash (#)
Old 30th July 2022, 12:06   #849
BHPian

Is this mad rush similar to XUV700 or even more than that? How much time it took to fill introductory price slots in XUV700 on opening day?

One thing for sure from this rush, Mahindra is not getting beaten by its aggressive pricing of Scorpio N AT+ 4WD as few of us thought.

I understand that first 25k booking of ScorpioN was filled within 20 seconds of opening (not even 1 minute).

Last edited by Arinmech : 30th July 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Addition of more information
Arinmech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:22   #850
BHPian

Honestly, all this gives an impression that dealers got all 25k bookings allocated in the system much before 11 am.

I remember during XUV7OO bookings many people had got messages of booking confirmation while they had only added to cart, and not paid.

Basically, I guess I don't trust Mahindra at all with this show-off (system), they are putting out for marketing their products.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:23   #851
BHPian

Guys, though it says price at the time of delivery is applicable, it is showing me the applicable price as Rs. 23,90,000/- at the time of delivery. Should we take it as booking done in first 25K slot ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2f5ac14426ec4801a434d35a20343ece_1_201_a.jpeg  

rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:27   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Guys, though it says price at the time of delivery is applicable, it is showing me the applicable price as Rs. 23,90,000/- at the time of delivery. Should we take it as booking done in first 25K slot ?
To me it appears to be the other way round by looking at the * statement.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:28   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
No we all got the same message the * clearly says the "price for you" is at the time of delivery.

Now i feel that even after the price increase they can lock the price for customers like they did for the people who booked XUV 700 on the second day.

If not its just a big PR nightmare for the company. Also why didnt they just close the bookings like they did with the XUV.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:36   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Is this mad rush similar to XUV700 or even more than that? How much time it took to fill introductory price slots in XUV700 on opening day?
For XUV700, the system was down for 35mins. But that time Mahindra had told dealers that all bookings will be online only, this was strictly followed in Mumbai at least. When the show started their portal went down and dealers then started punching booking via their special dealership portal.

I managed to book online at 35th min and got in first 25k. 10 mins later by 10:45 all slots were full.

For Scorpio-N things were a bit different as Mahindra had allowed dealers as well to take bookings. This time I think dealers were prepared with bulk entries already lined up just waiting to hit send at exactly 11:00am.

I sincerely hope the *price at delivery* message is some error, it’s crazy to think cars costing 15L+ getting fully booked within a minute.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 30th July 2022 at 12:38.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:36   #855
BHPian

I was on the phone with my SA at 11, even he was getting the same Bad Gateway error as everyone else.

I did my booking at 11.15. There was no "All spots for introductory prices filled" message for me so I'm hoping i'm in the first 25k. SA has no clue, he'll try to confirm by EoD.

EDIT: Just called the customer care @ 18002104101. If you're in the first 25k, the confirmation email will specifically mention it. Mine says "Price: Applicable at the time of delivery". So I didn't make the cut.

What a joke by Mahindra.

Last edited by naru80 : 30th July 2022 at 12:55.
naru80 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed