Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 12:59   #2626
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Ground clearance for International models is 227mm.

NT_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 13:44   #2627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Are you sure 187 mm is laden GC for Scorpio-N but 170/180 mm is unladen GC for hatchbacks ? Is there any info on unladen GC of Scorpio N?
Without the side step N will do most things that a Thar would do

So forget about the ground clearance numbers, they do not mean anything here. I'm sure Bolero will have less official ground clearance than some hatchbacks that would be in pieces if it follows a Bolero off the beaten path.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 16:16   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Is there a confirmation about by when will we get Android Auto back? It's a pain to drive with the inbuilt navigation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
We are waiting for Android Auto , you have reached to Car Play also
Guys, I have a question. Is Android Auto not available on all variants currently? I am planning on taking delivery of a Z8L next week and no Android Auto is a deal breaker since I will use the car predominantly for touring. The sales rep maintains that the car comes with it and I am not sure what the actual situation is.
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 16:22   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Guys, I have a question. Is Android Auto not available on all variants currently? I am planning on taking delivery of a Z8L next week and no Android Auto is a deal breaker since I will use the car predominantly for touring. The sales rep maintains that the car comes with it and I am not sure what the actual situation is.
Mar'23 onwards Z8 and Z6 models do not have the Android Auto Tile in the Head unit the Hardware is there but it will come at a later date.

I am not sure of Z8L models; as most of the Z8Ls seen on road are ready stock ones which were cancelled by users and prior.

Best would be to get it in written, from Mahindra not the dealer. Reach out to them over email.
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 19:16   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have Android Auto in my Z8 and it's a BS6.2 April model. I took delivery in May. You will get the inbuilt navigation but once anyone has used Google Maps then it's difficult to work with anything else.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 21:18   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have Android Auto in my Z8 and it's a BS6.2 April model. I took delivery in May. You will get the inbuilt navigation but once anyone has used Google Maps then it's difficult to work with anything else.
Yup, that's what I'm worried about. If it's not in the car at delivery then it's best to assume it won't show up for a while, if at all. I don't expect Mahindra to come to me two years later with a software update for Android auto. This particular infotainment system will have been obsoleted by the supplier by then.
Old 27th May 2023, 21:27   #2632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, that's what I'm worried about. If it's not in the car at delivery then it's best to assume it won't show up for a while, if at all. I don't expect Mahindra to come to me two years later with a software update for Android auto. This particular infotainment system will have been obsoleted by the supplier by then.
The Z8L we took delivery for a friend early this month had Android auto during delivery itself , so if the infotainment unit is the same then I would guess they are going to update it with AA during first service like they were doing with Z8L last year.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 22:19   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think 187mm must be the laden ground clearance of the ScorpioN. The laden GC of hatchbacks would be closer to 140 mm. What you have quoted is the unladen GC of most hatchbacks.
XUV700 GC is mentioned as 190mm. It is really unclear why same company mentions laden and sometimes unladen GCs for different cars. Unless XUV700 GC is actually higher.

Similarly for Thar, it is mentioned as 225 or so I think. So are we sure 187 is laden or does the DEF tank or some other part is giving this number? Does the Australia model have anything different?

Last edited by Sidban85 : 27th May 2023 at 22:46.
Old 28th May 2023, 12:19   #2634
BHPian

Managed to get last gen & my N in one frame,
With the same POV.
Hope this helps people confused between classic & N.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230522wa0007.jpg  

Nitish.arnold is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 21:31   #2635
BHPian

Today I was using tire inflater to fill air as it was showing 31 for all tires. I noticed that all indicators started flashing when the reading on inflator was 33. This happened for all tires. Is this expected behaviour?

I couldn't find any reference for this in user manual. Suggested tire pressure is 34 and I didn't even reach that so a bit surprised.
Old 29th May 2023, 00:37   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Today I was using tire inflater to fill air as it was showing 31 for all tires. I noticed that all indicators started flashing when the reading on inflator was 33. This happened for all tires. Is this expected behaviour?

I couldn't find any reference for this in user manual. Suggested tire pressure is 34 and I didn't even reach that so a bit surprised.
I think it might be the Tyre Fill Assist or similar feature. I did read about the same somewhere on this thread.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 14:18   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I had the exact same issue with the steering. Mahindra finally replaced the steering rack under warranty. Issue has been significantly reduced but not totally resolved. The juddering is still felt very rarely. I am ok with that because its really a pain to get the Service center folks to agree to the issue.
Mine was just replaced in a 1000km done only car, although they did not really resist anything & it was processed without any drama. Cost is pretty steep at 71,000. (Thank god for the warranty), & yes, 1-2% juddering is still there, if that's how we may explain the very very minor vibration creeping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
One shop called Jai Auto at Rama Road Delhi, although quite a few offer it now in Karol Bagh. The soft touch, steering wrap, silver grab handle and piano touch is also offered by some dealers. The wireless charger costed me 9k.
Can you please share the price & time taken to wrap the centre armrest.
I have a Z6 AT, planning to get this done!
TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230528-17.10.38.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 29th May 2023 at 14:42. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2023, 16:58   #2638
BHPian

Scorpio N owners, since Android-Auto and Carplay are not available anymore, how/where are you placing your phone to view G-maps? Please share pics if possible.
Old 29th May 2023, 18:16   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, since Android-Auto and Carplay are not available anymore, how/where are you placing your phone to view G-maps? Please share pics if possible.
Your post is rubbing salt to our wounds
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 20:23   #2640
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Guess what landed in Lucknow today afternoon?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5890.jpeg

Much more to follow up, soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
I am not sure of Z8L models; as most of the Z8Ls seen on road are ready stock ones which were cancelled by users and prior.
The make on my Z8L is Apr '23. It does have Android Auto.
vredesbyrd is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks