Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 22:31   #1756
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
I am having an issue for the last couple of days in my car. The internal SIM card isn’t working. This has caused the in built apps such as navigation and alexa useless as they need an active internet connection. A small yellow dot near the alexa icon is the indicator of a faulty connection. The sim card has signal but internet isn’t working. All the car connectivity features too are not working and adrenox app is useless.
Same for me, adrenox doesn’t show any data/history for last two days. None of the connectivity features are working.

Have you or anyone else used HDC so far? I used it other day and could hear a very loud noise from breaking, sort of grinding noise
ukoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 08:09   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Can a yellow film be applied on the headlight glass just like bike fog lamps come with a yellow removable cap to make them behave like fog lamps in the 3000k range..
The yellow film will simply filter(prevent) the light at higher K from passing through, this would not be effective if the light source itself is not emitting sufficient lumens of low K light.
Very less yellow/warm-white light will be filtering through if the souce itself is not emitting enough lumens in the lower color temperature.

The light source itself should be emitting sufficient warm white light in the range 3000 to 4300K for it to illuminate effectively.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 11th October 2022 at 08:11.
for_cars1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 10:20   #1758
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
He has bashed Arun Panwar on his video mentioning those 14-15 points which was posted on this thread few days back and many have commented on it. This customer has nicely explained each and every point mentioned by Arun Panwar.
OT: Any person criticizing or bashing Arun Panwar instantly gains my respect
vredesbyrd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 10:53   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Just came across this video on YouTube from one of the owner…

He has bashed Arun Panwar on his video mentioning those 14-15 points which was posted on this thread few days back and many have commented on it. This customer has nicely explained each and every point mentioned by Arun Panwar.
I also felt that he was only trying to gain views by posting negative comments. Most of the things he said were out in the open even before the deliveries started. To top it off he had 2 bookings knowing all these negatives.
AtulC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:44   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Aventus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 13:24   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The yellow film will simply filter(prevent) the light at higher K from passing through, this would not be effective if the light source itself is not emitting sufficient lumens of low K light.
Very less yellow/warm-white light will be filtering through if the souce itself is not emitting enough lumens in the lower color temperature.

The light source itself should be emitting sufficient warm white light in the range 3000 to 4300K for it to illuminate effectively.
Bro, i have such fog lights on my Dominar but the emitted light is completely yellow though the actual light is 6500K. Can upload a pic today evening with both the emitted light colors.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:26   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I would not call that bashing. The gentleman in the video was pretty respectful and he mentioned multiple times that he is taking Arun's name only because Arun posted the video about shortcomings and his reply was just clearing things up for the broader audience.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:49   #1763
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Thanks! I love it! I've just had it with these cringe youtubers.
I did manage to block Panwar, Faisal Khan and Rajni Chaudhary thanks to youtube blocker.

Search results were spiraling out of control because the site would constantly shove content from the above users.
Have managed to gain control and force youtube to get it's act together.

Edit: So nice to have a virtual drive around Indore. It's been a while. 15 years to be precise.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 11th October 2022 at 14:59. Reason: Extra info.
vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:55   #1764

Hi All,

This happens to be my first post on the forum. I have been following the Scorpio N thread ever since there were rumors on what to expect from the vehicle and have been completely invested in purchase of the vehicle.

Although, much like many other folks, I’m stuck in a dilemma, XUV700 vs Scorpio N. I have bookings for the AWD version and also the 4explore variants with the due date for both the bookings around May/June 2023.

Recently, on an instagram post by Anshyuman Bishnoi, he discovered that under full compression, the rear tire is rubbing against the inner fender liner of the Scorpio N 4Explore AT which comes with the 255/60 18 tires. Can anyone please confirm if that’s the expected behavior of all the vehicles or if that’s a one off case?

Assuming I would go ahead with the Scorpio N, I had researched about the possible AT tire replacements straight out of the showroom and found that the most common size available in the market is 265/60 18. Now with the case of the smaller 255/60 only rubbing against the inner fender, it makes less sense to upscale the tire and takes away from the true capability of the SUV. Could anyone please share some thoughts regarding the same?
zeitgest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 19:18   #1765
BHPian

Finally some updates on the booking of my Scorpio N Dazzling Silver Z8L AT 6 str which was to be delivered between 26 Sept to 10 Oct.

The online tracking system started back yesterday, without any change, showing it in planning stage. However, the dealer called to confirm that the chasis has been billed to them and they expect to get the vehicles in 8 to 10 days time, they have shared the number with me. They also wanted confirmation from me if I would actually buy the car or not - I suppose that is indication enough that many bookings are getting cancelled.

I am clear about my stand - if the car doesn't look horrendous in its silver paint, I will take it, despite its shortcomings. If the colour is totally off, then I hope I can cancel the booking and recover the booking amount.
Old 11th October 2022, 19:38   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Finally some updates on the booking of my Scorpio N Dazzling Silver Z8L AT 6 str which was to be delivered between 26 Sept to 10 Oct.

The online tracking system started back yesterday, without any change, showing it in planning stage. However, the dealer called to confirm that the chasis has been billed to them and they expect to get the vehicles in 8 to 10 days time, they have shared the number with me. They also wanted confirmation from me if I would actually buy the car or not - I suppose that is indication enough that many bookings are getting cancelled.

I am clear about my stand - if the car doesn't look horrendous in its silver paint, I will take it, despite its shortcomings. If the colour is totally off, then I hope I can cancel the booking and recover the booking amount.
I just hope you like the color. Dazzling Silver of Scorpio is said to be similar to Silver in XUV700 so i assume it would be bright silver and not a dull shade.

Whatever the situation, do take and post pics when you see the vehicle in person. My delivery is still a bit far away in Jan-Feb 2023.
Old 11th October 2022, 19:49   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
I just hope you like the color. Dazzling Silver of Scorpio is said to be similar to Silver in XUV700 so i assume it would be bright silver and not a dull shade.

Whatever the situation, do take and post pics when you see the vehicle in person. My delivery is still a bit far away in Jan-Feb 2023.
Sure, will do. I like the silver XUV700. I had a XUV500 in silver till last month. It's just that the old scorpio never sold in silver and did not look nice either.
slylenser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 21:09   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
I suppose that is indication enough that many bookings are getting cancelled.
Or, the dealer would sell it to one of his known contacts. If you say No, the dealer will still get the car and allot it to somebody they know or to someone who wants it quicker. I know of several people (including friends) who want earlier deliveries and are ready to pay premium for the car.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 23:57   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Came across this video on youtube which finally shows the Scorpio N in the dazzling silver shade. And going by the chassis number, the vehicle was rolled off the line in October itself. Looks subtle and elegant in my humble opinion. And the shade also resembles MSIL’s Silky Silver. Hope this video helps you in getting rid of the feeling of “not seeing what you’re paying for” a bit.

Shrey1230 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 01:02   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post
Hey! Came across this video on Youtube which finally shows the Scorpio N in the dazzling silver shade. And going by the chassis number, the vehicle was rolled off the line in October itself. Looks subtle and elegant in my humble opinion. And the shade also resembles MSIL’s Silky Silver. Hope this video helps you in getting rid of the feeling of “not seeing what you’re paying for” a bit.
I couldn’t attach the video URL for some reason hence attaching the photos of the same colour below.
PS- Mods kindly please merge both of my posts for easier viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-08c5d5abf2b94e9f862806bf72cb8308.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-8c60034c1435442190ac3fe0e9f0ee74.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-06b57c1c514f4aaa91e4129d5d18b798.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-45bc075e358e4d729aa6f916e801009a.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-9c98a77ede9946e1b102a8aacc925249.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-3769e8fec1b644d7bcb2e5e9d608430a.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks