Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2022, 22:45   #1846
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
Here's the update. The car finally arrived at the dealership yesterday evening. Per the recommendation of fellow members, I went for PDI today morning. Sharing my experience and findings here. Hope it is helpful for others.
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your PDI observations.

I am happy with my decision of going for Silver. Now I am sure that my Z4 with black roof rails (and no chrome) will look nice and will perfectly suit my taste.
NT_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 23:22   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
- I did find one spot on the rear door where the paint was chipped off. I pointed it to the SA and asked them to fix it before delivery.
Congratulations on your new car buddy! Although I noticed something odd on your car in the PDI photos especially the left D Pillar, the “Adrenox” badge on your vehicle is misaligned and put up in the wrong place which is nearly impossible to happen when the car is rolled off the line as they use pre-cut stencils to stick all the monikers and badges. And the fact that the paint chip is also on the left side of the rear door adds onto the suspicion, please be cautious and do another extensive PDI preferably with a Paint Depth Gauge handy. Because misplaced/misaligned badges are generally a telltale sign of a repaint. Attaching a picture of my car’s D Pillar from my PDI for comparison. Kindly ignore the glue residue mark in the photo as this was a pre-wash picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-d4594d313e6d47bc9ea752489a98bd55.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 08:54   #1848
BHPian

It seems the first lot of silver vehicles are arriving now. Mine is reaching gurgaon today, along with 10 other silver vehicles, as informed by the dealership. They have a tracking system but it only tracks vehicles that are sent by road.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20221020wa0002.jpg
slylenser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 08:59   #1849
BHPian

Quote:

8. The insurance quote was 50% more expensive compared to what I found outside. Planning to buy the insurance from outside. Good thing - there was no pressure from them to buy it from them.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing these details, it will help me in my PDI today.

Pls let me know what you decide about the insurance. I have a 2WD AT Z8L Diesel and the dealership is quoting 78000 but they are not providing any details of which insurance, IDV etc.
slylenser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 21:35   #1850
BHPian

Finally, my Dazzling Silver Z8L 2WD AT 6Str has arrived. Checked it at the stockyard in Gurgaon for almost 30 mins. It has not been washed and the odo says 59kms. By the time they deliver it tomorrow, it will go upto 75 I expect. Will do another PDI tomorrow before delivery but today, it was just perfect. No scratches, the engine bay all new, lot of dust but the color takes care of that. At the stockyard, amongst many other dark vehicles layered with dust, this one did dazzle. There were 2 more silver scorpions, one washed and ready for delivery at the showroom.

Couldn't test drive it as there were too many vehicles around and no clear way to move the vehicle out. The sales person mentioned they have an overstock of more than 25 Thars, with many cancellations after the launch of Scorpio N.

Some pics:

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221022_165534.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221022_165530.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221022_165903.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221022_165850.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221022_165826.jpg
slylenser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 21:51   #1851

Congratulations! By any chance was this the Koncept Auto dealership at sector 48, Sohna road? Saying this as I was quoted the same ₹78,000 for the insurance and a hand written list of add-ons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Finally, my Dazzling Silver Z8L 2WD AT 6Str has arrived. Checked it at the stockyard in Gurgaon for almost 30 mins. It has not been washed and the odo says 59kms. By the time they deliver it tomorrow, it will go upto 75 I expect. Will do another PDI tomorrow before delivery but today, it was just perfect. No scratches, the engine bay all new, lot of dust but the color takes care of that. At the stockyard, amongst many other dark vehicles layered with dust, this one did dazzle. There were 2 more silver scorpions, one washed and ready for delivery at the showroom.

Couldn't test drive it as there were too many vehicles around and no clear way to move the vehicle out. The sales person mentioned they have an overstock of more than 25 Thars, with many cancellations after the launch of Scorpio N.

Some pics:

Attachment 2370850

Attachment 2370851

Attachment 2370852

Attachment 2370853

Attachment 2370854
Old 22nd October 2022, 22:07   #1852

I received a call this past Tuesday that my booked Scorpio N (6 str 2WD Petrol) was billed to the dealership and was on its way from the plant. Very amused , as my CPD was between 5th March and 6th April 23, I double checked with the SA , to make sure it was the booking I had made.

Convinced that it was my booking, I have had to quickly arrange for the loan required ( the car will be in my firm’s name) before I travel home for the festivities. I have been told that the vehicle has reached Gurgaon but hasn’t reached the stock yard. So have to hold tight till late next week, to come back to Gurgaon, check on the vehicle (PDI) and take delivery.

Have been given a quote of ₹78,000 for the insurance with covering most important add ons. Would be great if people can comment on how does it compare with the quotes they received for similar models. Policybazar had options of ₹74,000 incl. GST.
udaivir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 22:11   #1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post
Congratulations on your new car buddy! Although I noticed something odd on your car in the PDI photos especially the left D Pillar, the “Adrenox” badge on your vehicle is misaligned and put up in the wrong place which is nearly impossible to happen when the car is rolled off the line as they use pre-cut stencils to stick all the monikers and badges. And the fact that the paint chip is also on the left side of the rear door adds onto the suspicion, please be cautious and do another extensive PDI preferably with a Paint Depth Gauge handy. Because misplaced/misaligned badges are generally a telltale sign of a repaint. Attaching a picture of my car’s D Pillar from my PDI for comparison. Kindly ignore the glue residue mark in the photo as this was a pre-wash picture.
Thank you so much for pointing this out. Now that I see this, I am also suspecting something. Will do another PDI next week and see.

Any recommendations on which paint thickness guage to procure? Any suggesstions on where to procure it from?
pkjains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 22:14   #1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Congrats! Thanks for sharing these details, it will help me in my PDI today.

Pls let me know what you decide about the insurance. I have a 2WD AT Z8L Diesel and the dealership is quoting 78000 but they are not providing any details of which insurance, IDV etc.
I did ask them to share their quote. Their reduced quote was from ICICI Lombard and they did share the quote which documented all covers in their insurance. If they don't share anything, please get an invoice from them and buy the insurance from outside.
pkjains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 22:41   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaivir View Post
Congratulations! By any chance was this the Koncept Auto dealership at sector 48, Sohna road? Saying this as I was quoted the same ₹78,000 for the insurance and a hand written list of add-ons?
No, this is Dee Emm, thier stockyard is near the old Maruti Factory. I finally went with a United insurance that cost 49898. It's zero dep and has the features I need. Will look at the accessories tomorrow, dealer is not pushing any.
slylenser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 23:45   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for pointing this out. Now that I see this, I am also suspecting something. Will do another PDI next week and see.
Happy I could be of some help before you took delivery, as these are quite common practices at dealerships to pass off vehicles damaged in transit onto unsuspecting customers who would barely notice just minute details. IMO no matter how good the re paint job is, it can never match or hold upto to the sheen and longevity of the paint job that is done by precise machinery at the factory. And not to forget about the colour matching on spot repairs.

Quote:
Any recommendations on which paint thickness guage to procure? Any suggesstions on where to procure it from?
(1) I would suggest you first try to get the vehicle washed (ask them to not to polish or wax afterwards with any compound or substance) then park the vehicle in bright sunlight and click picture with the sunlight falling on the paint at different angles, if you notice any dark or bright panels, it is a major red flag, and it is almost certain that it’s a repainted panel.
(Attaching a picture below of my silky silver Ciaz after it was repainted at MASS a couple of years back after an accident, it looked fine in most light conditions but was an eyesore in specific lighting conditions. Got it rectified ASAP and the paint was matched zero-zero soon after.)

(2) You can also to go to your nearest FNG or a paint detailing shop which might have a paint depth gauge meter handy and maybe pay them a small fee for them to send someone along with to check it, because if you’re not familiar with how the gauge works you can very easily end up with a false reading. This way you can save some money as good Paint Depth Meters are too expensive just for a single time use. Just be sure to thoroughly wash the area of test on two ScorpioN’s and when it’s dry check the depth of paint on both for comparison.

Although, I would suggest confronting the dealership first before all of this because the way they respond can also help you decide whether there is something fishy going on or not; because if there is you ought to be compensated for the same fairly, also loop in Mahindra on this as well, just for safekeeping of records.

Regards,
Shrey
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-1543c78a5e2f4c7bbde72272eb350b3f.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 13:07   #1857

Reporting a slightly distressing incident with my new Z8L D AT 4x4.

I had got a bug deflector installed on the day of delivery itself. It was an original Mahindra accessory, installed by the showroom staff (there's a shortage of original M&M accessories at the showroom - only the bug deflector and rain visor was available - no mud flaps or floor mats in sight).

A few days later, I had taken the machine out for a spin on the Eastern Peripheral Expressway (Delhi) just to check out its highway manners. Hadn't even covered 25 km, before the entire unit detatched itself from the hood, flew onto the windscreen, hit the roof and then got mangled by a couple of trucks that were behind me. I was driving at 90 kmph (well within the speed limit on the EPE), but had no time to react before I noticed it was gone. Luckily there was no biker behind me! The pic here was taken a few minutes before the incident, and there's no sign of the sticky tape coming off at the edges. The double sided tape mostly remained on the bonnet after the "rip-off".

Other observations -
01. A random Hill Hold Control Error cropped up a couple of times. It would disappear after shutting the down the engine and restarting.
02. The wireless charging is a bit moody (and slow) - an alert to "remove objects from the tray" shows up every now and then, even though my iPhone works perfectly well with the Qi charger at home.

Speaking of iPhones - my SA says that CarPlay is still 5-6 months away.

Oh, and the Start/Stop feature is such a pain in bumper to bumper traffic...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_e4427.jpg  

Attached Images

zenmaster666 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:19   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster666 View Post
The pic here was taken a few minutes before the incident, and there's no sign of the sticky tape coming off at the edges. The double sided tape mostly remained on the bonnet after the "rip-off".
This is the exact reason why I refrain from letting the accessories’ guys install stuff on my cars. They end up doing blotchy jobs especially the things which require things being stuck on via double sided tape or being screwed in, speaking of which, I find it quite odd for Mahindra to not to provide screw holes for their official mudflaps, because the mudflaps must be screwed in by self tapping screws which if done improperly will permanently scar your cladding. I firstly asked the showroom people to install mudflaps on my car but when I noticed that they were going to use already rust ridden carpentry screws instead of the screws provided for ease of access, I was appalled and took the box of flaps home and DIY’d the mudflaps and the front bumper addon.
Although for the addon, I had to add extra 3M Tape for better stickiness as the stock tape provided is pathetic and used the plastic scrivets instead of the metal ones to hold the addon in place. I personally refrain from using the primer which is provided in box because if that is applied it makes the accessory permanent and irreversible, and I guess in your case the useless tape that Mahindra is providing is the culprit and it caved in. I’m thankful that you and everyone involved is safe and sound, but this should be a reminder to all, to supervise every job done on your vehicle irrespective of the brand, because no one will look after your own car like you’ll do!

Regards,
Shrey
Shrey1230 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 11:25   #1859

Hi guys, can MLD on the rear axle be installed like someone did on the Bolero neo.
Attaching the the link below of the bolero neo for reference. The work was done by MASS itself.

prithvibollu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 18:15   #1860
BHPian

For fellow members eagerly waiting for Z4. The following YouTube video has the Z4 presentation video (starting from 1:01) including views from all sides and dashboard. I haven't seen these much details of Z4 earlier.
(Yeah! I will forever remember 2022 Diwali spent scouring the net for my beloved car's details. Anyway, it has been raining since morning).

Last edited by NT_GT : 24th October 2022 at 18:36. Reason: minor changes, more information included

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks