Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2022, 18:50   #1816
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If you are planning to buy a 2wd. Get a XUV-700, its way better.
What is your take on Safari/Harrier Vs XUV7OO as a primary highway cruiser for family?
SportsMedicine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 22:59   #1817
BHPian

Whether there will be Teambhp review on Scorpio N MT and Classic?
Old 16th October 2022, 23:12   #1818
BHPian

600 KMs Update : Got my Rear LHS Captain Seat replaced

ISSUE 1
This post also serves as a PSA to all my fellow future/current owners of the 6 seater variant of the vehicle to be mindful about the tumbling function of the seat, and to check it during PDI multiple times, as since Day 1 I had been facing this issue that the seat wasn’t tumbling 7/10 times, although while I was doing my PDI, the seat tumbled/untumbled properly, it was coincidently those 3/10 times. Anyway, during the delivery I noticed this issue for the first time and promptly informed my SA who was very attentive and the GM Service also came down to see the issue and ordered a new seat for me right away. Fast forward to a week later the seat arrived and I got it replaced today, I made sure to retorque them to the factory spec. Everything is working well now.

ISSUE 2
Also after a couple of weeks of usage I have noticed a major engineering fault on Mahindra’s end; the part where the hood support stick locks into the bonnet, the sheet metal or skin of the hood in this case is too thin and is not reinforced from the inside around that area. And since the hood is so heavy and the plastic used on top of the stick is also pointy, in just a mere 4-5 times of the hood left being open for not more than 5 mins at any instance, the surface has gotten a “pimple” protrusion on it which is not only an eyesore but also worries me because, as the vehicle ages the bonnet will keep pushing the skin to the point when the paint and clear finally gives in and chips away. This is a major flaw and goes on to show why hydraulic struts are crucially important on such a heavy hood. Attaching the image below of my hood with area with the protrusion encircled, notice how the reflection of the shed is not straight and has an “indentation” which is the protrusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-091dd37b79614e7e92067a0879b5d3c2.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:47   #1819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
HT tyre won't grip anyways. Not a single choice in all terrain tyres available in this size, forget good quality AT tyres. 265/60/18 is next common size, you have have to change rims(negative offset types), both tyres and rims change will void warranty.
Any one thought about downsizing the size from 18 inch to 17 inch? If I get this and if 265 / 60 R17 fits, nothing like it, plenty of options in that size.
Old 17th October 2022, 09:01   #1820
BHPian

Looks like there are multiple issues with the ScorpioN's clutch. Saw a tweet today with another clutch failure. The owner also posted a YouTube video.

acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 10:36   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any one thought about downsizing the size from 18 inch to 17 inch? If I get this and if 265 / 60 R17 fits, nothing like it, plenty of options in that size.
What about 235/65 R17 or 235/60 R18, may be fouling with wheel-well can be avoided in lieu of sacrificing a little ground clearance? Anyways old Scorpio, XUV 500 and now the XUV700 also are having 235 section tyre.
Rahkehs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 23:43   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post

600 KMs Update : Got my Rear LHS Captain Seat replaced

ISSUE 1
This post also serves as a PSA to all my fellow future/current owners of the 6 seater variant of the vehicle to be mindful about the tumbling function of the seat, and to check it during PDI multiple times, as since Day 1 I had been facing this issue that the seat wasn’t tumbling 7/10 times, although while I was doing my PDI, the seat tumbled/untumbled properly, it was coincidently those 3/10 times. Anyway, during the delivery I noticed this issue for the first time and promptly informed my SA who was very attentive and the GM Service also came down to see the issue and ordered a new seat for me right away. Fast forward to a week later the seat arrived and I got it replaced today, I made sure to retorque them to the factory spec. Everything is working well now.

ISSUE 2
Also after a couple of weeks of usage I have noticed a major engineering fault on Mahindra’s end; the part where the hood support stick locks into the bonnet, the sheet metal or skin of the hood in this case is too thin and is not reinforced from the inside around that area. And since the hood is so heavy and the plastic used on top of the stick is also pointy, in just a mere 4-5 times of the hood left being open for not more than 5 mins at any instance, the surface has gotten a “pimple” protrusion on it which is not only an eyesore but also worries me because, as the vehicle ages the bonnet will keep pushing the skin to the point when the paint and clear finally gives in and chips away. This is a major flaw and goes on to show why hydraulic struts are crucially important on such a heavy hood. Attaching the image below of my hood with area with the protrusion encircled, notice how the reflection of the shed is not straight and has an “indentation” which is the protrusion.
What color is your Scorpio N? Can't see it clearly in the pic, can you pls send one where the entire hood can be seen?
Old 18th October 2022, 03:54   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
What color is your Scorpio N? Can't see it clearly in the pic, can you pls send one where the entire hood can be seen?
I have it in Napoli Black, attaching another photo with the protrusion more visible, clicking a photo of it is really difficult as the camera of my phone auto-adjusts the reflection to make it look normal. I hope it is more visible in this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-191b07d5931e4e6f905681e939a4679e.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 09:53   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post
I have it in Napoli Black, attaching another photo with the protrusion more visible, clicking a photo of it is really difficult as the camera of my phone auto-adjusts the reflection to make it look normal. I hope it is more visible in this one.
May be this problem can be addressed by putting in 2 mm rubber washers on the bonnet rod such that it locks in the space and also does not touch the upper part of the hood. You can use feviquik or similar strong glue and then trim off the washers to match the existing lock size. Just a jugad.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:45   #1825

Have noticed few issues on mine.

1-vertical streak showing up on passenger side window. Will get it checked on 29th.

2- plastic part on rear door where the wiper is placed is losing chips of paint. It is an 18day old car.

3- random stalls when slowing down over rumble strips or for U turns. Thought it was start stop system but seems it is not.

4- random squeaky sound when driving over really bad roads.

Already had my first impact, and made me realise a car this size needs a 360 camera system. Will have to check aftermarket options. Now have a deep gash on the silver plastic part on door and footstep on one side. Could not see a damaged divider part in mall parking. Was hardly at 5kmph so nothing major but still pains to damage a new car.

I am getting economy of around 12 based on fuel amount i filled in and MID distance to empty. Of the 500odd kms i drove 250 was on highway at around 85-95 and rest in city at around 40kmph.

Even with all the issues, its still a joy to drive. The ease at which this manoeuvres cows sitting on the road makes my friends with cars with harder steering jealous ��
blackfox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 16:27   #1826
BHPian

Does the Scorpio N Z8L AT 4WD come with Apple Carplay? Noticed on a new vehicle that it only had Android Auto.
Old 18th October 2022, 16:42   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Well, it is a difficult question
We are comparing a Laura with a full fledged SUV with the highest sitting that I have driven till date.
Thanks lot for this feedback. I have been waiting for these inputs from someone who is switching to Scorpio-N from a sedan. I have booked a Scorpio-N and I have been driving a Vento TDI for the last 1.05 Lac Kms. Coming from a sedan, I did feel the body roll during the test drive but nothing alarming. We need to accept the fact that this vehicle cannot be driven like a sedan at high speeds for obvious reasons. Even in my test drive my family members who were sitting in the middle row were quite comfortable while switching lanes at 100kmph.
Old 18th October 2022, 19:29   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Does the Scorpio N Z8L AT 4WD come with Apple Carplay? Noticed on a new vehicle that it only had Android Auto.
Just like XUV7OO, it will activated at a later date. I believe there is a long LT from Apple and so it will be available at a future date.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 00:12   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
May be this problem can be addressed by putting in 2 mm rubber washers on the bonnet rod such that it locks in the space and also does not touch the upper part of the hood. You can use feviquik or similar strong glue and then trim off the washers to match the existing lock size. Just a jugad.
Once the protrusion appears, the washer isn't going to help. In my view, this is a design defect and Mahindra must replace the entire hood, along with a new design of the rod.
Old 19th October 2022, 09:48   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Once the protrusion appears, the washer isn't going to help. In my view, this is a design defect and Mahindra must replace the entire hood, along with a new design of the rod.
I understand brother. If the damage is done, this won’t help..atleast those who have not experienced this can try the jugad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks