Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 09:09   #1486

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Hello Tucson Owners,

I am toying with the idea of buying a Tucson but had a few queries. Would be great to have your inputs

1. How easy is it to drive and park in Bangalore City? I mean core CBD and south residential areas?

2. What kind of discounts are available and how much? I checked with one of the showrooms and I was quoted 50k off on petrol and 1L off on diesel upfront(2024 models). I am curious to know if steep discounts are a thing of past OR can we expect that even now?

Thanks
Hi, Akhil.

Steep discounts could be a thing of past as they were offered towards the end of 2023 when everyone was trying to clear their 2023 stock.

But if the dealer has upfront quoted 1L for the diesel model, you can definitely push that up

I was quoted 75k upfront but ended up getting a discount of 3L (this was, of course, in December 2023)
You can try your luck, you've got nothing to lose.

Coming to the drivability and parking, the Tucson is a breeze to drive in the Bangalore traffic. Enough has been said about how easy the car is to drive, in this thread.
Parking will always be a concern in Bangalore, no matter which car you have.
But yes, it'll definitely be more difficult to find a parking space for the Tucson compared to a hatchback.
But, this should not be the sole deciding factor for you.
You can always work around this by planning the trip and parking, in advance. Because otherwise, the car is a dream to drive and own (so far).

Good luck with your car-buying journey.
Karthik R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 12:39   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
I also have a pair of Aerotwins lying with me I dont know what to do with those..
IIRC Bosch Aerotwin came with 4 different adaptors and one of them is normal type which should work.
Old 29th May 2024, 11:29   #1488
BHPian

Yesterday i took the Tucson on Samruddhi Mahamarg and it was absolute fun to drive. I had turned ON the ADAS feature and put the car on cruise mode. It worked really well and at the end of a 600km drive, i was not at all tired. The family too enjoyed the ride.
Just one niggle that came up was cabin noise. It was quiet irritating. My car has hardly done 1500 kms and i could hear sounds emanating from somewhere in the glove compartment. Once i am back home, will spend sometime figuring out where the noise could possibly be coming from. Till then, i am going to enjoy the drive.
Old 1st June 2024, 14:26   #1489
BHPian

My Tucson has run about 46000 km, and it has been trouble free - until now. The fuel lid just refused to pop open. The car was in park, switched off, unlocked at a petrol station and the lid did not open. At the Hyundai service station, the service team forced it open with a key so I could get the car refueled.
The service team is clueless about why the lock is not working. They don't know what to change/fix. Has anyone faced such a challenge with Tucson, or other Hyundais where the fuel lid does not pop open? Any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited by shailendrakr : 1st June 2024 at 14:27. Reason: Mistyped
Old 2nd June 2024, 10:22   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Any suggestions on what to do?
To me this looks like a sensing issue. The circuit responsible to send and release the lid has some issue. Did you get the wiring checked? Looks like the way it works is after engine is turned off and parking is engaged, a signal activates a plunger sort of thing to release the lid. Possible issues:

1. Parts responsible to pass the parking signal
2. Wiring
3. Plunger on the lid side
4. Mechanical obstruction due to dust/rust etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks