Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 18:59   #1756
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Has anyone installed a differential/transfer/gearbox breather kit in their Jimny? If so, please share some details on the same.
I too am looking for one, mainly the ARB one. Used to be a shop in New Delhi that used to stock ARB stuff but not sure now. Would be great to get some lead for an Indian stockist.

Based on my research, it is a pretty straight forward mod and quite popular with Jimny owners globally. You can either tap a new thread or buy adapters/hoses that attach to current access point on the diffs.
sammysossa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 00:18   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
That is the reason why in my audio setup I have the Sony XS-AW8 powered subwoofer connected to the speakers. This has a built in Amplifier as well and the Polk Speakers connected to the Sony do a wonderful job with the sound.

Sound insulation on the doors have not doubt helped but the audio sound on it's own is wonderful.

Link to the Sony Subwoofer page with all details for more specs: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...lifiers/xs-aw8
Where did you get the installation done in Bangalore? I need one for my car (not jimmy but Abarth Punto)
Old 24th August 2023, 01:12   #1758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
.I could be wrong and if anyone has had a better learning on the MGA supplied net/hook mechanism, I’d be happy to be corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
As of now, I haven't found any use for the supplied luggage hooks (rigid ones). I waiting for the movable ones provided by Maruti; this seller is hugely overpricing his. Sorry, couldn't upload a pic atm, but will do it soon. But I would say, just go ahead and buy it since this is one of the most important soft mods for Jimny owners.
I got a set of 6 hooks from Amazon @250/- a piece but now I don’t know where to screw them in. The purpose is to tie down stuff that jumps up over speed breakers using a cargo net, and I don’t see how I can achieve my objectives with only the sides of the car boot providing a place to put in any hooks and that too very high up whereas at least some hooks need to be on the floor (at least on the rear door side). I don’t want to drill holes into my brand new car as of yet. What are these moveable MGP hooks?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7675.jpeg  

Last edited by Ragul : 24th August 2023 at 01:15.
Old 24th August 2023, 03:49   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I got a set of 6 hooks from Amazon @250/- a piece but now I don’t know where to screw them in. The purpose is to tie down stuff that jumps up over speed breakers using a cargo net, and I don’t see how I can achieve my objectives with only the sides of the car boot providing a place to put in any hooks and that too very high up whereas at least some hooks need to be on the floor (at least on the rear door side). I don’t want to drill holes into my brand new car as of yet. What are these moveable MGP hooks?
Similar ones from Maruti are Rs 200 for a set of 4. When I say moveable, I mean where the D ring could move, like the ones here. This seller is selling another variety which can’t.
There are two tether point each on the left and right hand side, which I think you’ve already identified.
There are three more towards the boot lip (just above where tools are) which are covered by plastic plugs. Just remove the plugs and use the threaded hole.
And four more at the bottom of the rear seat. Please see the pic below.
Maruti Jimny Review-img_2420.jpeg
I think these should suffice and you won’t have to drill any more holes
sammysossa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:24   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Details of the cross bars pls - which brand? Have you also got yourself a roof box?
Old 24th August 2023, 11:27   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouravS View Post
Details of the cross bars pls - which brand? Have you also got yourself a roof box?
It is the Maruti provided genuine accessory. You will easily find it on their website under the name of Premium Roof Bars. Or have it fitted at the dealership.

Roof box is in plan, so far have not ordered it.
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 12:22   #1762
BANNED

Quote:
Similar ones from Maruti are Rs 200 for a set of 4. When I say moveable, I mean where the D ring could move, like the ones here. This seller is selling another variety which can’t.
There are two tether point each on the left and right hand side, which I think you’ve already identified.
There are three more towards the boot lip (just above where tools are) which are covered by plastic plugs. Just remove the plugs and use the threaded hole.
And four more at the bottom of the rear seat. Please see the pic below.
I think these should suffice and you won’t have to drill any more holes
Great tip! I can’t Thank you enough for saving me all that head scratching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
It is the Maruti provided genuine accessory. You will easily find it on their website under the name of Premium Roof Bars. Or have it fitted at the dealership.

Roof box is in plan, so far have not ordered it.
This one is made in Japan. I almost purchased it then somebody posted a report of booming noises above 70kmph and a video analysis on YouTube about how crossbars have to be designed with an aircraft wing shape, to prevent it.

Now I am searching for another one with that wing shaped design to mount my bicycle and head out out of town. Don’t want a rear mount. I don’t see anything online made specifically for the width of a Jimny yet.

EDIT : I might just go for the OEM one myself and do this instead :

Last edited by Ragul : 24th August 2023 at 12:31. Reason: Removed unsupported emoticons causing formatting issues. Thanks.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:10   #1763
BHPian

I did not buy any MS genuine accessories at the time of buying Jimny except mud flaps & mats. However now I am slowly adding few essential items to make Jimny more comfortable to drive & pleasant to look.
Console tray: To create more space for small items I bought a centre console tray from Seiwa JP. Made of soft material. So no rattling sound when items are kept on it. Quite useful in keeping small things.

Floor mats: I tried using both MGA - All weather mats & Premium carpet mats. But the front mats, especially the driver side mats were too small to cover the carpet. Despite being fixed to floor locks, these mats kept on sliding.
Since both India & Japan have RHD system, I could get front floor mats from Japan. These are TPE resin 3D mats which fit perfectly. They cover the maximum carpet area & stay firm. Also the holes matched the floor locks. Since 5 door model is still not available abroad, I could not find rear mats. Anyhow MGA rear mats are still better & stay firm.

Engine hood Insulation pad: I always felt bonnet should have insulation pad which was missing. Tried getting one but could not get in local market.
So bought one from ANTC Japan. It is made of three layers- aluminium foil, soundproof cotton & PET cotton. It too fitted perfectly. Too early to comment on noise & heat insulation levels but definitely felt dampening of engine sound.

Changed the front grill: Bought a vintage style front grille from a seller in Delhi itself. With this Jimny front gives a wider look.

Removed spare wheel cover: Since spare wheel comes with alloy rim so why to hide it behind wheel cover. Bought OEM hub cap from MGP retailer store & Farad star nuts to secure the spare wheel. Preferred to put all star nuts to give uniform appearance. Now rear gives a bold look.

Fog lamp bulbs: The stock fog lamp bulbs are of Osram 19W normal H16 type. They give dull yellowish light. So went for Sealight F1 series LED 22W H16 bulbs. Using these regularly with LED headlamps improves the nearby side visibility ie. footpath or dividers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_6286.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6224.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6222.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6260.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6283.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6284.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6225.jpeg  

Rahul Lal is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:05   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
I almost purchased it then somebody posted a report of booming noises above 70kmph and a video analysis on YouTube about how crossbars have to be designed with an aircraft wing shape, to prevent it.
I have somehow never faced any such issue in these. In fact it hasn't even really changed wind noise levels.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2023 at 19:02. Reason: typos
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:29   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
now I am slowly adding few essential items to make Jimny more comfortable to drive & pleasant to look.
Hey don’t leave us hanging like that. Please share the source of these Jimny goodies.
sammysossa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:56   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Hey don’t leave us hanging like that. Please share the source of these Jimny goodies.
Sure For centre console, mats, bonnet insulation pad & LED fog lamp bulbs - you can source from Amazon.co.jp
For star lock nuts go to faradshop.in
Rahul Lal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:59   #1767

Hi,
Has anyone found front seat armrest, rear seat thigh support as an accessory for Jimny? Desperately looking for both..
anand87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 16:09   #1768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Sure For centre console, mats, bonnet insulation pad & LED fog lamp bulbs - you can source from Amazon.co.jp
For star lock nuts go to faradshop.in
Did you pay a huge amount for customs duty? I need that front grill in Bangalore. Is it available online?
Old 24th August 2023, 16:12   #1769
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have also installed Bi LED fog lamps and my present lighting setup is really something. It doesn't blind the opposite driver but lights up the road. Being Bi-LED, it has high and low beam too, that is controlled by the lightstalk
Please comment on beam spread of this fog lamp - is it wide enough to cover the sidewalk and kerb in both high and low beam? I like some sidewise illumination for better driving judgement and safety.
Old 24th August 2023, 16:19   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Did you pay a huge amount for customs duty? I need that front grill in Bangalore. Is it available online?
So at checkout stage, Amazon.co.jp gives you breakup of cost, freight & duty. The duty is 42% on cost+freight.
For front grill as I mentioned, bought locally in Delhi. Reasonably priced selling at Rs 5500-6000 depending on type of logo you want ie SUZUKI or S logo. For this call Rohit @ 78279 75320. Helpful person. Since I stay in Delhi so picked up personally but he will also courier you with extra charges. They come in black & grey colour options.
Rahul Lal is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks