Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 11:10   #751
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
P.S. By the way my local honda outlet is directy asking Rs. 8000 premium if I choose the white pearl color. This apparently applies to all Honda models. Please let me know if this is the case in other showrooms in the country.
For pearl colors (white or blue or orange), Rs. 8000 is extra for all models. This pricing is from Honda company.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:30   #752

Honda has positioned the Elevate as an average contender within the highly sought-after Compact SUV segment. It excels in key areas such as reliability, safety, and spaciousness, aligning with the typical Honda quality we've come to expect. Nevertheless, it falls short in terms of premium features compared to other vehicles in this segment, and even when compared to its sibling, the City. However, Honda may be making this trade-off due to the segment's popularity and demand in the market, aiming to achieve profitability by entering this highly sought-after segment while also controlling costs.

When I reflect on discussions that took place on team-bhp a year or two ago, around the time I purchased the City, I see this as a positive development. The introduction of more competitive models like the Elevate is likely to attract a significant number of customers to Honda showrooms. This could have an overall positive impact on Honda's sales and enhance their reputation, particularly in the context of their commitment to the Indian market.
vineetklkrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:40   #753
BHPian

Hi, attached is the onroad Noida price of Elevate-City, Kushaq-Slavia & Seltos-Verna (for comparison purpose).

I feel Elevate is priced competitive against the competition. Add alloys price in Elevate V and it will be matched with competition.

There is nothing wrong in Elevate and all the existing SUVs Kushaq, Seltos, Creta and Taigun are not proper 5 seater. All these are meant for a small family of 4 to 5 people (not 5 fully grown adults).

Maruti & Honda are associated with Fuss Free Ownership and there are buyers for fuss free ownership. Honda may not have large dealership like Maruti, but with their limited reach, I can say that Elevate will help Honda to get good numbers for both City & Elevate because Honda have these two fantastic products within 50K price bracket.

I am saying it again, we are underestimating Honda's 1.5L iVtech engine popularity.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-elevatecity-vs-others.jpg  

GoBabyGo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:54   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
For pearl colors (white or blue or orange), Rs. 8000 is extra for all models. This pricing is from Honda company.
Agree with NH08. This is visible on Honda website itself. The price changes when you click on each color option - 8000 for the pearl versions and 28000 for dual tone options.
beez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:18   #755
BHPian

I think the question about sales potential of the new Honda SUV will be decided not just by price. It will be decided by brand loyalty, people wanting safety and reliability will opt for Japanese and wow factor. In my view Honda has produced nothing wow at all. They have just looked at the competition and tried to match their SUVs in features and price. If you recall the great allure of Honda was the wow factor. Their first generation City was so different from the available sedans that it sold itself. The second generation had a lot of new innovative stuff - iDSI engine which gave a much better torque curve for easy driving at low speeds, petrol tank innovatively placed under the seats to create more room for the passenger etc. It was a unique car which was greatly appreciated and bought even at a premium. Honda has lost it's way in India and I think the Elevate will be just a mediocre success.
ashokabs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:35   #756

Does anybody have the OTR prices of Honda Elevate for Bengaluru? I am trying to get it from my SA but have not received yet.
Old 5th September 2023, 12:50   #757
BHPian

Today I revisited the showroom and spent a good 30 minutes with Elevate specifically ZX MT. All the variants were on display at Ring Road Honda Peeragarhi Delhi.

The front two seats are really comfortable, and the front feel of the dashboard is premium.
Front visibility is also great. The 10-inch screen feels nice to touch and the materials felt upmarket. The music system sound quality is great with four speakers and four tweeters.

But, the rear seats are cramped (those who are chauffeured around will definitely prefer city) for me it's an issue As I'm 50% in front and 50% driven around. The high window line doesn't help. This is my use case as I prefer rear seating to be spacious.

Later I sat in City top end and OMG it has acres and acres of space, felt so airy there.

This car is great for those who always sit in front and in fact, it will definitely age well than Korean siblings. Also, hands down this product is far better than Hyryder/Grand Vitara NA models in terms of engine refinement and cabin space.

Sat with my SA and as usual he started pushing for taking Honda assure insurance from them only but since I had lost little interest from Elevate I didn't argue.

Attached the On road prices for Delhi as on today's date.

Honda Elevate Review-elevate-1.jpg
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:57   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi, attached is the onroad Noida price of Elevate-City, Kushaq-Slavia & Seltos-Verna (for comparison purpose).

I feel Elevate is priced competitive against the competition. Add alloys price in Elevate V and it will be matched with competition.

I am saying it again, we are underestimating Honda's 1.5L iVtech engine popularity.
This price list comparison makes it absolutely clear. It seems that Honda is getting extra criticism while it is already in line with how rest of the market has priced its sedan-suv siblings.

Only miss I see are some leading features like panoramic sunroof, cruise control, ADAS on base+1 onwards. At least 4 airbags could have been provided base SV or V onwards if not 6.

In fact, Elevate’s V CVT is available at 15.2 approx, which is lesser than the Seltos and Creta iVT starting up late around 18+ on road and even Kushaq whose AT is available at 17L onwards.

Again, given the non-nonsense nature of Honda engines with their bullet proof reliability makes it a fair bargain against Koreans sisters and Japanese Twins. I really don’t get what the fuss is about with pricing against competitors, when in lieu of a little bling, you get a much more reliable machine.

Last edited by SixPistons : 5th September 2023 at 13:02.
SixPistons is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:03   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonmus_drivr View Post

Has anyone measured or seen any reviewers publish this data? I haven't found this so far.
So, I measured if today. The length of the front seats are approx 19". Approx because of the curvy nature of the seats. Seems at least half an inch shorter than the City and about 1.5" shorter than my Ertiga.

Second row is about 18-18.5 " long.

I liked the short test drive. Light steering, linear power delivery (didn't cross 60kmph), decent NVH.

The way I'd summarise my take, not a love-at-first-sight like XUV700 was for me. But checks most of the boxes. So, deciding to go ahead.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 17:56. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
autonmus_drivr is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:02   #760
BHPian

BRV and City Owner Checks out the Elevate.
I went to the price launch yesterday, there was a City on display right next to 2 Elevates. Reading polar opposite experiences about sitting comfort on our forum, let's start with that.

My height for reference is 5' 11" and I weigh 82kgs. I sat on all the seats of the Elevate back to back with the City multiple times to understand what it was all about.

Rear Seats: Very well bolstered and comfortable. Under thigh support was good, recline angle neutral and supportive, headrest angle also perfect and doesn't jut into your neck like in some cars. The rear is a great place to be for 2 adults and a kid.

Drivers Seat: Equally comfortable in the Elevate and City. Preferred the raised feeling better in the Elevate.

Front passenger Seat: For my height the Elevate's driver's seat felt it had better under thigh support than the passenger seat. You sit a little knees up in the passenger seat because of the footwell. Not a deal breaker but that's what I felt. I was sitting more knees up in the City passenger seat than the Elevate. My dad who is 5'9" was fine with both cars.

Visibility View out front is 10/10, bonnet line clearly visible even at the lowest point. No second guessing for short/new drivers.

Looks: Butch front end is the design highlight and has a "American muscle" vibe to it that is unique. Understated design. Side profile is boring, but that's just me. This car will age well and won't offend many. Blue and White truly look classy.

Boot: Runs deep and wide. Practical shape. Very usable.

Interiors: What a classy dashboard design. Straight lines, no unnecessary cuts/creases. Looks very premium, dare I say, Swedish. But then some plastics could have been better. Roof liner is better than the Kushaq. Doors close with a reassuring thud.

Variants/features: Honda has messed up the spread. Only SV or ZX makes any sense. Knowing Honda's AC effectiveness, ventilated seats shouldn't be a big miss. I don't care about the sunroof so that's that.

Summarising the negatives:
  • 6 Airbags should have been standard although Elevate should easily outscore Koreans in safety
  • Cruise control only in ZX. Should have started from VX. City V now feels all the more VFM!
  • For my height 5'11" I found the driver's seat better than the front passenger seat.
  • Honda should have added a hybrid option when it is already present in the City. Talk about Elevate being the sacrificial lamb to protect the City.

Last edited by John316_WRC : 5th September 2023 at 14:21.
John316_WRC is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:17   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
Does anybody have the OTR prices of Honda Elevate for Bengaluru? I am trying to get it from my SA but have not received yet.
+1. There is absolute silence from my dealer. They did not even share the brochure yet although there's a whatsapp group and all. Not sure if they are giving preference to those who booked via dealer (I booked via Honda website).
Old 5th September 2023, 14:21   #762
BHPian

Honda could've priced it 50,000 less to build that initial excitement and hype. Could have limited it to first 5k or 10k booking or something but they played it really safe with the pricing.

It's definitely not going to sell 10k a month or even 5k. But I do hope this is enough for Honda to stay in India.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:27   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
+1. There is absolute silence from my dealer. They did not even share the brochure yet although there's a whatsapp group and all. Not sure if they are giving preference to those who booked via dealer (I booked via Honda website).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
Have been following up. Just received it.
pannags is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:11   #764
Senior - BHPian

Honda should consider launching a Z version which has all the features of ZX minus ADAS & sunroof, and price it between VX and ZX. It'll find a lot of takers. Both of these "features" are party tricks in my opinion, specifically in Indian conditions. Infact in some driving conditions, ADAS may be outright dangerous. And I have driven multiple cars with sunroof, their practical usage is near zero, but they come with tons of moving parts which are exposed to the elements and are prone to failure.
blackasta is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:43   #765
BANNED

Already the segment is having very strong contenders. It was ruled by Hyundai and KIA for some time and now Toyota and Maruti came with their products and good pricing inclusive of additional Hybrid tech.

Honda Elevate seems to have decent options and good interiors. Also surely their 1.5 litre iVtec is one of the best engines. But i believe this will not shake the sales number of the competitors and it may also take few months even to get a decent sales numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks