Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 14:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Mercedes GLC SUV Review

Quote:
A showroom in Pune has the black exterior colour with tan (brown) interior. Certainly possible to get that combination.
You're correct; I'll edit my post. For GLC, black exterior gets brown interiors while the white color get beige treatment. It's exactly opposite for the C Class. The all-black interiors are reserved for Selenite Grey shade. Rest of the combinations remain the same as C Class. Weirdly, no regular silver shade (or as Mercedes calls it High-Tech Silver) for the GLC.
romil.shroff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 14:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

The 220d 4Matic is touching 90L OTR (300 4Matic is 87.4L OTR) in Mumbai, it was expected to touch the 90L mark anyways since the previous gen 220d 4Matic topped out at around 84-85L OTR.

A steep hike for a car that was around 60L OTR just 5 - 6 years ago, but no doubt this going to be the best-seller for Mercedes-Benz in India like the previous gen GLC has always been!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 15:17   #33
BHPian

Attached new GLC Brochure!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure_New_GLC.pdf.pdf (3.79 MB, 258 views)
sknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 22:49   #34
BHPian

Wow! This is a full 3 Lakhs cheaper than what I expected. This is going to fly off the shelves. Quite a steal at this price point given the extra features that it brings to the table compared to the outgoing model.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 22:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The 220d 4Matic is touching 90L OTR (300 4Matic is 87.4L OTR) in Mumbai, it was expected to touch the 90L mark anyways since the previous gen 220d 4Matic topped out at around 84-85L OTR.

A steep hike for a car that was around 60L OTR just 5 - 6 years ago, but no doubt this going to be the best-seller for Mercedes-Benz in India like the previous gen GLC has always been!
Do you remember when the new GLE was launched 3 years ago for 73L ex showroom and people here complained it was too expensive for a 4 cylinder? Oh how the times change
Cresterk is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 23:37   #36
BHPian

Great all round package but the absence of a few key features is baffling:
  • 3-zone climate control: Cars half the price have this feature. Given our climate I just don't understand how they left this one out. If I am not mistaken, the previous generation had it.
  • Keyless entry:
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 00:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
On Road price in Punjab is around 84lakhs.
Quote:
The 220d 4Matic is touching 90L OTR
Kerala RTO - hold my coffee!

On-road Price in Kochi for the diesel variant Rs. 94,26,642.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2023 at 17:18. Reason: Word changed
inwester is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 01:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:

I can relate. We had bought our 2017 GLC for around 60-65L OTR (Can't quite remember the exact figure) and we sold it this year when we got a good deal.

Dad wanted to upgrade to GLE300d, but the current absurd pricing didn't make sense for him nor our family. In the end, with the money we got from selling our GLC, we bought a Hyundai Tucson and is currently happy with it, even if we have to let go of the 3-pointed snob value.
Sandeep M is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 07:10   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Fuel lid says E10 is what I remember and 95 RON.
This is a deal breaker. How can manufacturers launch a new car rated for only upto E10, when the country is already running on E12 and above? Just about every car on sale today is E20 compliant, while BMWs have been E25 rated since forever. Will they provide warranty coverage when the issues inevitably crop up?

Prospective buyers need to consider this very carefully.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 08:54   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, it's priced a few lakhs lower than I expected! This, for an all-new generation is quite the pricing. In fact, I see many C-Class buyers gravitating to the GLC now.

Also love the car overall. Was never a fan of the yawn-inducing previous-gen GLC - was one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. But based on what Aditya & Jaggu have to say, this one is better. Love the styling, love the cabin too.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 16:07   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Gives option to give massage at intervals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Car View Post
Just to clarify, is it really seat massage or seat kinetics?
Because the one which gives massage at certain intervals is actually seat kinetics feature which keeps adjusting the lumbar support etc. (Not proper massage) in order to reduce driver fatigue.
It's pretty basic, pretty lousy, and almost similar to what many of us already do on longer drives by manually changing seat position- height/ lumbar/ position. There is no Massage functionality.

Quote:
From what I know from test drive of the last gen GLC, it had a specific option for seat massage apart from seat kinetics and you could use the massage for as long as you want and not at any specific intervals.
Not sure if the last generation had one as this is an expensive solution, "Active Multicontour Seat Package" and if I a not mistaken, only in conjunction with Ventilation/ heating and a certain type of leather. Also, it will turn- off after a while (10 minutes or so)

https://www.mercedes-benz.com.hk/en/...lticontourseat
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 16:16   #42
BHPian

Back in 2018, my neighbour bought an Audi Q7 technology for 88 L on road. I dont know how much it retails for now, but seeing the GLC touching and crossing 90 L mark, one can only wonder where the car prices are headed.
Old 10th August 2023, 16:50   #43
BHPian

I am not sure if I am entirely sold on this version given its price point that is easily touching 90 Lacs on road. Lovely interiors/ styling and all but ouch that is expensive for a C class SUV. Its the GLE territory a few years back, yes? The Pinnacle trim in the US is $53k or something and that is fully optioned. While the US car price comparison is not the way to go, it still hurts to see how we are made to pay double of that at $100+k here.

One thing for sure is how I continue to appreciate the value for money aspect of our Kodiaq. It surely does punch above its weight for nearly half of GLCs cost. Sure, its not the Three pointed star but the Czech barge does have it own appeal!

PS- GLC / Mercedes fans, please don't hate me for this!
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 17:29   #44
BHPian

Took a brief test drive today, a few quick impressions from my perspective.

• The car looked much bigger in-person compared to the pictures and videos.
• Impressive looks, especially in the nautic blue color
• Most colors are available for delivery (except white), in the next couple of months.
• Easy to find a good driving position, good visibility of the road and bonnet edges.
• Most humps & potholes don’t unsettle the car at low speeds (very comfortable drive)
• Did not get much of an empty stretch (being in Bangalore), but small distances where I could accelerate a bit bought a smile on my face.
• Overall great experience
• Excellent sales & tech staff
sknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 20:32   #45

I purchased a GLC-300 two months ago in Bellevue, WA. Overall experience at high speed on nearby Interstates is pretty good especially for long duration although I never activated the auto-pilot mode where you can fix a speed.

Mercedes GLC SUV Review-car2.jpg

Mercedes GLC SUV Review-pxl_20230701_023224898.jpg

I did fair bit of off-roading near Skykomish, off US Route-2, and the car holds up very well while negotiating all sorts of challenges.

Mercedes GLC SUV Review-skykomishcar1.jpg
aeroabir is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks