Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2023, 18:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Mercedes GLC SUV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroabir View Post
The rims on your car look smaller than the 19inch ones available in India, what size are they ? Smaller rims would be much better here given the road conditions.
Old 15th August 2023, 07:48   #47
BHPian

Saw the car briefly in a mall. Price wise seems ok, but overall did not like the interiors. The huge arm rest center console makes the car feel cramped IMO. If I was in the market would have pursued other options.
An Audi A6 with full 5 year service package with 60 something on road makes it a very compelling package.
DesertRain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 19:24   #48
BHPian

Just sent my Mercedes GLC 220D for first annual service and my service advisor sent me an estimate which includes AC Fumigation as line item which is worth Rs. 26,679/- That is a big one. Is this a real thing or just a scam like the Engine Decarbonisation back in the day? I cannot find anything related on Team BHP or anywhere on Google.

Mercedes GLC SUV Review-screenshot20230817191641zehlci.png
Old 17th August 2023, 23:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Just sent my Mercedes GLC 220D for first annual service and my service advisor sent me an estimate which includes AC Fumigation as line item which is worth Rs. 26,679/- That is a big one. Is this a real thing or just a scam like the Engine Decarbonisation back in the day?
SCAM.

Ask Service Advisor to remove that particular job from to do list.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 12:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
SCAM.

+1 Just ask them to replace cabin filter if it is really bad, otherwise nothing needs to be done for 1 year old car. They just spray some cleaning spray inside the vents which is totally not needed. I don't think such practices exist anywhere else in the world lol
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 12:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Just sent my Mercedes GLC 220D for first annual service and my service advisor sent me an estimate which includes AC Fumigation as line item which is worth Rs. 26,679/- That is a big one.

Attachment 2492255

First time shocks after owning a Mercedes
My first estimate was 72k and I could not believe my eyes and kept reading the estimate multiple times. The service labor alone was 17k!

In my experience, you can ask them to remove the items in the estimate that you feel is not necessary, they will remove, but the service center will find a way to scam you anyways. But instead of losing 30k you will get lose around 10k. (The labor charges are absurd.)

I'm assuming you already renewed your insurance? thats another story. MB Gold, MB silver, MB bronze packages.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th April 2024 at 22:59. Reason: Please use caps where needed. Also fixed spacing and one typo.
vinay.sathyan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 14:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
SCAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
+1 Just ask them to replace cabin filter if it is really bad, otherwise nothing needs to be done for 1 year old car. They just spray some cleaning spray inside the vents which is totally not needed. I don't think such practices exist anywhere else in the world lol
Thank you guys! I asked for the job to be removed and there was no fuss about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.sathyan View Post
First time shocks after owning a Mercedes
My first estimate was 72k and i could not believe my eyes and kept reading the estimate multiple times. The service labor along was 17k!
Not a shock really! I made the purchase keeping all such things in mind. In fact, the estimate is on the lower side compared to what I expected, given how the market is and where the prices are headed in general! I mean even tomatoes aren't affordable for God sake

Quote:
i'm assuming you already renewed your insurance? thats another story. MB Gold, MB silver, MB bronze packages.
Not renewed yet. I already ran mine more than 17,000 KMs in like 10 months. Please share if you have any pointers that can help reduce the premium or get me a better deal. My current insurance is through dealer which covers everything that's out there.

Last edited by bordeaux : 18th August 2023 at 14:13.
Old 18th August 2023, 14:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Not renewed yet. I already ran mine more than 17,000 KMs in like 10 months. Please share if you have any pointers that can help reduce the premium or get me a better deal. My current insurance is through dealer which covers everything that's out there.
The dealer insurance has been more convenient for me as of now.
Although they call it MB insurance, they work with typical insurance providers TATAAIG, RELIANCE, etc. These people sell it as MB insurance.
Advantage with MB insurance is its almost seamless. Unfortunately i had to make 2 claims and both were easy. Cost wise, if we ask for a discount, you do get a good discount and is definitely on par even if you do it directly.

May be not the right thread to discuss this. But may be helps people making their decision to buy the new GLC.
Old 18th August 2023, 18:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer insurance has been more convenient for me as of now.
Although they call it MB insurance, they work with typical insurance providers TATAAIG, RELIANCE, etc. These people sell it as MB insurance.
Advantage with MB insurance is its almost seamless. Unfortunately i had to make 2 claims and both were easy. Cost wise, if we ask for a discount, you do get a good discount and is definitely on par even if you do it directly.
Yeah, that's not really a secret. All car manufactures sell insurance while they are not insurance companies themselves. Honda Assure is an example. It can be slightly costlier at times but the hassle free, no nonsense claim process is worth it, I guess. Definitely worth it in the luxury segment. Otherwise I won't be splurging money on a Mercedes Creta

Also, the extended warranty that Mercedes Benz offers is neither a warranty nor it's offered by Mercedes/Daimler. It's just a different type of insurance through Reliance General.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 14:34   #55
BHPian

Took a test drive of the new GLC on Saturday. i currently own the previous GLC 220d, so i test drove the petrol version. Very smooth engine. The GLC 300 has a lot of power. The steering felt a bit heavy though.
The interiors are really good in the front. Rear - there isn't much difference.
Compared to my car, felt there were cost cutting in some areas, the plastic under the seats are all black. Some buttons did not feel premium too.
The electronic power steering and seat adjustments are good improvements.

But considering under the hood is the same as 2018 GLC 300, its a but sad. Yes there is mild hybrid, but thats not some major upgrades to engine or transmission.

In my opinion, if someone gets a well maintained GLC (2017-18), for a good price and if they are not particular about connected car and the central display tech. They can easily go for the preowned own. You wont be missing much. And it would be a very good deal compared to the new car's cost.
The current ones on road on Bangalore is 90L for petrol and 92L for diesel.
vinay.sathyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 21:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

https://www.olx.in/en-in/item/merced...iid-1742543215

Official pricing isn't out yet but looks like some enterprising 3rd party dealers already got the car listed on sale.
Old 6th September 2023, 22:28   #57
BHPian

Took a long test drive today guys, on the Bangalore nice road. Test drive was the petrol version GLC 300.
Honestly not a very good opinion :(
The steering and the pedals feel pretty stiff. There is lot of plastic in the car. The interiors are mostly black which is making the car feel small inside.
The center console screen seems to be the only major highlight. Even that, when you use Android auto, the map size is same as the previous gen small screen. The climate controls seem to cover most part of the screen constantly.
The view of the car from rear seat is sad. Its all plastics and black, nothing special.

Major disappointment is the ride quality. The suspension is very hard now. My current 2019 GLC feels like it has air suspension compared to this.
As for the steering column, anytime i crossed the reflectors on the lane marking, I could clearly feel it. Those smaller road bumps, I could clearly feel it on the steering wheel. No its not like its giving good feedback, it looks like a bad functional design.

I need to pay a good 50L to upgrade from my currently 2019 GLC to 2023 GLC and I really don't see its worth the upgrade.
Infact, its really sad to say that its not worth the 90L price tag.

Its disappointing to see the quality being reduced and price increased. Mercedes should not put such a high value on the badge alone and should look into "quality" in luxury cars.
vinay.sathyan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 20:57   #58
BHPian

Since the steering was unbelievably bad, i asked for the dealer to get me a different GLC for test drive. Same petrol, but a different car.
This is my 4th test drive overall.
This had slightly different experience. The steering didn't wobble like the previous car. It looks like the other test drive car was just badly abused.
The suspension is surely harder than 2019 GLC. Not a good luxury feel, but has some advantages to not feeling a lot of body roll.

I'm not sure if the upgrade is making a lot of sense.. a 2019 GLC to 2023 GLC.
The other options are not too great either, BMW has only diesel x3. Q5 doesnt make sense due to bad resale value.

Any suggestions from anyone on whether a 2019 GLC to 2023 GLC upgrade makes sense?
Old 12th September 2023, 01:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if the upgrade is making a lot of sense.. a 2019 GLC to 2023 GLC.
The other options are not too great either, BMW has only diesel x3. Q5 doesnt make sense due to bad resale value.

Any suggestions from anyone on whether a 2019 GLC to 2023 GLC upgrade makes sense?
Don't bother, a 2019 GLC is still a perfectly good car and this upgrade isn't really going to give you much of an "upgrade". Just save up for another 2 years and get yourself an X5 or GLE 450 which are considerably better and will actually feel like an upgrade.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 16:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This is a deal breaker. How can manufacturers launch a new car rated for only upto E10, when the country is already running on E12 and above? Just about every car on sale today is E20 compliant, while BMWs have been E25 rated since forever. Will they provide warranty coverage when the issues inevitably crop up?

Prospective buyers need to consider this very carefully.
An update on E12 & E20 fuel support of new GLC.
I have reached out to Mercedes-Benz India regarding this and got confirmation that GLC supports E12 & E20 fuel.

"we can confirm that the GLC300 4MATIC is indeed E12 and E20 material compatible, which means it can operate efficiently on E12 and E20 fuel without any concern"

below screenshot of the actual email I received from the Mercedes India customer connect.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes GLC SUV Review-eto-support.png  

sknair is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks