Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 11:48   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Umm whay isnt the resale value of Nissan's good? Its Japanese built, so you can expect reliability.
Well basically, my dad wants an SUV, and its going to be majorly chauffeur driven, so whats the best SUV for that?
I keep telling him that most of the SUVs are driver's cars. I told him if he's willing to dish out a few Ls more, then he should go for the 3 series
It's because Nissan isn't an established brand out here. Less service centers, high costs of spares, waiting for spares, etc. can be expected.

If he will be chauffeur driven, then it shouldn't be a Bimmer. Bimmers are drivers car. Similarly, the prime forte of SUV is off-roading. If you need a comfortable SUV, it should be a CR-V. For best sedan comfort, look at Skoda Superb which has features that the E-class boasts off.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:07   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Umm whay isnt the resale value of Nissan's good?
I doubt. Nissan has a scarce presence, and CBUs typically depreciate like stink.

Quote:
Well basically, my dad wants an SUV, and its going to be majorly chauffeur driven, so whats the best SUV for that?
Believe it or not, the Safari! It's got an excellent middle-row seat and superb ride quality.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:25   #63
BHPian

Does X-Trail have electronically foldable side view mirrors ??
Old 9th June 2010, 18:01   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
Does X-Trail have electronically foldable side view mirrors ??
Sure does. Here's a picture of the fold-in button:
Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-p1000670.jpg
Old 10th June 2010, 13:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sure does. Here's a picture of the fold-in button:
Attachment 364173
ohk........ thanx GTO.
Old 7th December 2010, 23:55   #66
BHPian

Any news as to when the face-lifted X-trail will be available in India?

This is what Im talkin about Nissan shows refreshed X-Trail | Autocar India

This one has rear LED lights and more rounded front headlights and also much improved interiors. I spoke to the Nissan dealer in Chandigarh and they were aware about the mid-life facelift, buy had no idea as to when it would make it to our shores.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review

On the 12th or 13th there was an ad in Maharashtra times, saying on the occasion of 15th Aug 2011, there is a cash discount of 1 Lac on the X-trail. Could they not price it somewhere upto 20L? They could get quite a few customers, a price cut will do wonders here.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

They need to assemble it here. considering the Koleos is based on the X trail, there is a potential for localising some compoenents and bringing in local assembly
Old 26th August 2011, 12:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They need to assemble it here. considering the Koleos is based on the X trail, there is a potential for localising some compoenents and bringing in local assembly
Yes,
As informed by local dealer, Nissan will soon launch CKD versions of Teana & X Trail.
X Trail pricing will be sub 20 L
Old 26th August 2011, 12:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai
Yes,
As informed by local dealer, Nissan will soon launch CKD versions of Teana & X Trail.
That would be fantastic
Old 26th August 2011, 15:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Yes,

Whoa! Is this news confirmed? The only reason why i'm not getting an X-trail is the price. A 20-21L price would make it one hell of a great buy!!
Old 26th August 2011, 16:00   #72

Earlier when GTO was talking about center based dashboards on expensive cars are not OK but on cheaper cars like Spark its OK doesn’t make any sense to me. The Injection Mold cost for the dashboard should be about 40-50 Thousand dollars, plus a little R&D cost to develop the right and left console, but since their pushing HUGE volumes the cost really amortizes down to a few dollars per car. That’s if the car is NOT a success. In India most manufacturers will not be making a LHD unless their exporting to countries like the US to what most are not, so it really confuses me of why they do it. In regards to dealer service in Renault Nissan; while I was at the Renault dealer last week, at Moti Nagar New Delhi, they made me fill up two pages about what I liked and disliked about the Fluence. The Sales man also asked me when he should be calling me, to what I replied four days. (He didn’t call by the way) He also kept insisting me that the diesel has AC vents underneath the front seat for the rear passengers what I had a hard time believing to. He told me this like four times throughout the presentation of the car.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:15   #73

Just spoke to Oxford Nissan, and the news - as per Mr Sachin Mahajan there - is that the CKD version of the X-Trail won't be available for another six months yet. Meanwhile, Nissan India has launched the CKD version of the Teana and has dropped prices by as much as Rs 3 lakh!
Guess will have to put my dream of owning the X-Trail on hold for another six months, at least.
Old 30th August 2011, 05:58   #74
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if they do indeed start assembling it locally then it will be well worth looking at. a lovely SUV all round. Soft roader it may be, but heck, who wants to go mud plugging in a vehicle of this type/ size?
as of now, the price is so high in comparison to International markets that many of us cant consider it seriously at all.
Old 30th August 2011, 07:03   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
if they do indeed start assembling it locally then it will be well worth looking at. a lovely SUV all round. Soft roader it may be, but heck, who wants to go mud plugging in a vehicle of this type/ size?
as of now, the price is so high in comparison to International markets that many of us cant consider it seriously at all.
Completely agree with you on both the pricing and what it brings to the table by itself. But at this price point comparisons become inevitable and then the X-Trail begins to fade. Assemble it here, get prices down to about Rs 18-20 lakh region, and then it is a different ball-game. Alas!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks