Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 03:10   #76
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Great review!! So is the evo MR or the regular evo?
i meant - is the evo in india, the regular evo or the MR version?

Rehaan - Also with regards to steering feedback do you mean more vibrational feedback of the road surface condition?
Like mentioned here Evo X Steering Feedback? - evolutionm.net
Old 18th January 2011, 16:41   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I did some research on the net and they say the FQ 300 can do a 0-100 sprint of 4.7s.
See, thats the thing. I've seen numbers ranging from 4.7s to 6.6s !!! Wanted to get a true number myself.
Also, the 4.7 you see is probably for the US version (407 N.m) on 98 gas. I've not seen an Indian mag test at anything near that. Whats the best time actually tested by an India mag? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
5 kmpl is not that bad for a performance sedan. It is just the pricing that is not right.
Absolutely. Its not a deal breaker -- just surprising from a 2L. Apparently its quite thirsty when driven very lightly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Rehaan !! As you have been in both the 370z and the EVO X !! Which is more fun ?

I have test driven both I like the EVO

Also I dont remember what the interior was like in quality !! Are they plasticy
I have been in the 370z, but not driven it, so its very hard to make a comparison. I think they appeal to slightly different types of buyers too. Personally, i'm more of an EVO fan.

Nope - interiors were fairly solid. Not plasticy.

Curious as to why (in another thread) you mentioned that your dad would not let you get an EVO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Not sure if they have managed to sell one though in India since its launch.
Spoke to a Mistu dealer a few weeks back and apparently they have a handful of bookings.

Quote:
So is the evo MR or the regular evo?
Yes, you could say its the MR (SST) and not the the GSR (Manual). Whats the "regular" EVO you refer to?

Quote:
Rehaan - Also with regards to steering feedback do you mean more vibrational feedback of the road surface condition?
Not only that, but just feedback on what the front tyres are doing, how much cornering force they are taking, if there are any ruts in the road (felt through steering rather than suspension) etc. Ofcourse, part of this also includes more road surface vibration and feedback.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th January 2011 at 16:45.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:01   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Curious as to why (in another thread) you mentioned that your dad would not let you get an EVO?

Spoke to a Mistu dealer a few weeks back and apparently they have a handful of bookings.

R

He said he would let me buy the Z4 but not the EVO as it is just a lancer !!! I agree the Z4 is more fancy and eye catching but I am only 24 and for some reason the Z4 is more of a middle aged guys car and I want a car which connects with my DNA !!! lol !! Also the EVOs never get old but only better !!!

Also I had a chat with the marketing guy in the Chennai car Plant and if he is to be believed then they have sold 6 out of 12 cars !! I don't think so !!! The dealers in Delhi havent got a single booking as of yet if I am not wrong, lets hope that changes soon (with my booking at least, will try another shot with my dad )

Already have a few things in mind I would like to do !! Like a louder exhaust and a wing for a start !!!

BTW just one request if possible !!! Can we have a video with some turbo sounds !!

Last edited by Dippy : 20th January 2011 at 00:19. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 19th January 2011, 00:15   #79
BHPian

Quote:
If you want to feel directly connected to every element of the car, the steering, the traction, the transmission – this is probably not the car for you. Its not a car that challenges you as a driver, its not a car for purists - there’s too much going on behind the scenes.
can you elaborate on this further? What are some examples of a purist's car (lotus, mx5, 135i?)? Are we saying this car is no fun to drive coupled with your steering point below?

Quote:
Yes, you could say its the MR (SST) and not the the GSR (Manual). Whats the "regular" EVO you refer to?
click range on this link Lancer Evolution | Defy Physics
or check out the brochure at http://www.lancerevolution.com.au/do...P_Brochure.pdf

Quote:
Not only that, but just feedback on what the front tyres are doing, how much cornering force they are taking, if there are any ruts in the road (felt through steering rather than suspension) etc. Of course, part of this also includes more road surface vibration and feedback.
thats exactly what i meant - people have gone through great lengths to fix it as mentioned here Evo X Steering Feedback? - evolutionm.net

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 19th January 2011 at 08:28. Reason: Please, no SMS language (ppl=people).
Old 19th January 2011, 10:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW just one request if possible !!! Can we have a video with some turbo sounds !!
Awesome video!

Sounded like a diesel though
Old 19th January 2011, 13:47   #81
BHPian

Rehaan - I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review! Makes me feel very proud that I drive a Mitsu too.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:59   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Already have a few things in mind I would like to do !! Like a louder exhaust and a wing for a start !!!
Exhaust makes sense, donno about the wing though

Quote:
As mentioned, other than the deep hum at idle, there was no noise that would evoke any emotion. You can barely hear the turbo whistle, that too above 4k, and there is no BOV sound. Quite a silent car in that respect.

Quote:
can you elaborate on this further? What are some examples of a purist's car?
Anything that connects you to the car with minimal electronic or other interference. Yep, the Elise, MX-5, S2k etc are on that list.

Quote:
Are we saying this car is no fun to drive coupled with your steering point below?
Its definitely not "no fun to drive", just that it could be a lot more fun to drive. Its about more feedback coming to you, rather than you having to look about for feedback.

And yep - BBS wheels and Rockford audio system, so its definitely not the "regular" evo. At this price point, it needs to be loaded with a high level of trim to make sense to the buyers considering it. We saw the same thing for the 370z too.

cya
R
Old 19th January 2011, 18:23   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Exhaust makes sense, donno about the wing though

Hmm ok !!! Actually saw an Evo at a trackday with an APR wing in UK !! Made the car look more Japanese !! Exhaust is definitely needs to be replaced !!

Only one minus point, I believe they have not given the voice controlled Blue-tooth in there like they do in other markets. Would had been a nice touch !!
Old 19th January 2011, 23:03   #84
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rehaan. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the review ! I wanted to know what colour options are offered in India? I hope they dont force upon the red shade onto its limited customers! It looks Hot in Red though.
Old 20th January 2011, 00:10   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hi Rehaan. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the review ! I wanted to know what colour options are offered in India? I hope they dont force upon the red shade onto its limited customers! It looks Hot in Red though.
Hi If I am not wrong !!

They have Red, White, Black, Silver and also Blue (even though they dont mention blue in the brochure, they have one in India as confirmed by the Mitsubishi marketing guy). The graphite gray and Rotor glow (orangish red) is not available here
Old 20th January 2011, 00:58   #86
BHPian

Great Work Rehaan. Awesome Review. Finally the X hits Indian shores.A bit pricey though. Neverthless,a great dual purpose car as a Racing beast as well as a daily driver.I drive an X here and i must say its truly a great machine.

Last edited by angelfire : 20th January 2011 at 01:01.
Old 20th January 2011, 01:58   #87
BHPian

My dream car. I thought of buying it if it was around 25L.

But 50L. Thats heavy. But someday i will have my hands on this beauty.

There is this Mitsubishi show room near my place and drive through it everyday. I look at this car in the display and slow down for a second and then go.

Awesome review. Very detailed. Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th January 2011 at 13:19. Reason: luk = look. Please type in full words and avoid SMS language. Thanks
Old 20th January 2011, 14:51   #88
BHPian

Superb Review Rehaan,

The EVO is truly fully loaded with top class features. considering the rocket prices of the petrol in India, should not they think of some intelligent ECM mapping or cruise mechanism where the fuel consumption is reduced and improve the overall fuel efficiency while driving under constant speeds(cruising on highways for ex)

Last edited by ravikn : 20th January 2011 at 14:52.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

Yup the 5km/L fuel mileage is absurdly low for a 4 cylinder. Heck some V8 sports cars these days give much more mileage than this. This could put off some owners with our ever increasing fuel prices.
Old 25th January 2011, 17:22   #90
BHPian

wonderful review!! good coverage!! too bad about the pricing! I am yet to see one of the these babies on road!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks