Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 13:59   #31
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 280
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Please suggest good fuel pumps between Edapally and kaloor
nidhinsarath is offline  
Old 31st July 2016, 00:27   #32
BHPian
 
adityadeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: kochi
Posts: 100
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
The IBP pump near Edapally Toll (jus before you turn into byepass) is a very good pump. Have been filling fuel from there for years now. Excellent service.

Adi
That's one of my most preferred pumps, really good service, but whenever I have to use credit card (mine is hdfc), Natesh fuels, near koonanthai, just 300 meters from edappalli toll is my preferred pump as there is no surcharge additional to fuel charges.
adityadeva is offline  
Old 1st September 2019, 10:10   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 6,639 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

There's a new Indian Oil COCO opened near Vytilla (Janatha Junction, SA Road). I topped up yesterday and found the facility to be pretty spacious (most pumps inside the city are cramped). But wish they had more fuel dispensers (have only one per lane). I did see 2 wheeler engine oil changing bay as well. Google review says they have windshield cleaning, vacuum cleaning (car interior cleaning) etc apart from free air/nitrogen filling.

Looks like this will be my fuel stop from now as it's right beside my wife's house.

Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin-a1.jpg

Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin-a2.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/KLBExdme43d3WpVC6
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 17:27   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,119
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's a new Indian Oil COCO opened near Vytilla (Janatha Junction, SA Road). I topped up yesterday and found the facility to be pretty spacious (most pumps inside the city are cramped). But wish they had more fuel dispensers (have only one per lane). I did see 2 wheeler engine oil changing bay as well. Google review says they have windshield cleaning, vacuum cleaning (car interior cleaning) etc apart from free air/nitrogen filling.

Looks like this will be my fuel stop from now as it's right beside my wife's house.

Attachment 1911747

Attachment 1911748

https://goo.gl/maps/KLBExdme43d3WpVC6
Also seen it, but haven't used it. Using the COCO near Vytilla hub.

Felt it to be bigger than other pumps.
mithun is offline  
Old 28th November 2019, 22:41   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 6,936 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's a new Indian Oil COCO opened near Vytilla (Janatha Junction, SA Road). I topped up yesterday and found the facility to be pretty spacious (most pumps inside the city are cramped). But wish they had more fuel dispensers (have only one per lane). I did see 2 wheeler engine oil changing bay as well. Google review says they have windshield cleaning, vacuum cleaning (car interior cleaning) etc apart from free air/nitrogen filling.

Looks like this will be my fuel stop from now as it's right beside my wife's house.
Cross posting from my ownership thread, Naveen.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I have switched my loyalty from the IOCL bunk on Durbar Hall road to the fairly new COCO one that is towards Vytilla. This pump isnt really out of the way for me and I filled up there in my car last week and the experience was good. Most importantly though, it has the new age air filler that has a small nozzle and hence can easily fit onto the GT 535's spoked wheels. All the other pumps struggle with this since they have the long nosed metal fillers that are a pain to deal with given the bike's spokes.
I had a good experience while filling up my Jazz and the GT 535 there. The fuel quality also appears to be as good an any other pump in town. The attendant who fills air in the IOCL Durbar Hall road pump is a grumpy chap who demands a tenner from every vehicle and grumbles loudly if he doesnt get it. Here there are no such issues and the queues are much less from what I have observed.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:33   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 6,639 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I had a good experience while filling up my Jazz and the GT 535 there. The fuel quality also appears to be as good an any other pump in town. The attendant who fills air in the IOCL Durbar Hall road pump is a grumpy chap who demands a tenner from every vehicle and grumbles loudly if he doesnt get it. Here there are no such issues and the queues are much less from what I have observed.
Being a new outlet, things are fast and good. Few things noted:
1) Dedicated guy to guide to the appropriate lane for a fast fill-up.
2) Windscreen washer dude not seen always and I didn't try it even though they approached me couple of times. My wife did try it and she liked it.
3) Being new chaps (almost all are from North India), they are not familiar with the fuel used in some cars. Make sure you mention the fuel type. Think they messed up once.
4) More importantly, everyone there greets with a smile.
5) Haven't really noticed any difference in fuel quality. But hoping it's better.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 16:10   #37
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 6,936 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Here is a potentially not very positive experience with the newish IOCL COCO pump at Janatha Junction, SA Road that we have been discussing recently. I had driven to Allepey recently taking the coastal (Chellanam) route in what was a very relaxed drive. The usually near accurate mileage calculator showed around 12 kmpl which was very surprising and after going back and tanking up at the same pump later, I found that the mileage for the drive to Allepey was actually only 11.14 kmpl which is at least 2 - 2.5 kmpl lower than what it should have been. Since then, the mileage calculator has been showing sub 10 kmpl readings which are quite shocking considering the absence of traffic in the city since Christmas. Despite my pussyfooting, I have only been able to take it up to around 9.9 kmpl. Something seems off for sure.

Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin-20200101_141344.jpg

I request other forum members to share their experiences with mileage of their vehicles while filling up at the pump.

Also, the last time I was there, I insisted on getting the windscreen cleaned since it was very light day for them and there were hardly any cars. They finally got one of their staff to come do it. Overall, I would give it a 4/5 rating but if the petrol quality is no good, what is the point!
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:04   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 6,639 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I request other forum members to share their experiences with mileage of their vehicles while filling up at the pump.
I have been consistently clocking the same distance for the fuel filled for few years now (considering that the cost is more now, it translates to better economy I guess). I have been using this pump right when they started operations and haven't felt any issues in quality. I sometimes do spirited drives during my commute but mostly it's just 10kms of b2b traffic one side.

As for the staff experience, it's really a hit or a miss. My wife had to wait for couple of mins for them to show up to fill the tank. She pointed out this to the manager.

I really hope they don't compromise on the fuel quality. Keep updating in case you have more updates.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 14:50   #39
BHPian
 
anoop.u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Cochin
Posts: 30
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's a new Indian Oil COCO opened near Vytilla (Janatha Junction, SA Road).

https://goo.gl/maps/KLBExdme43d3WpVC6
I usually fill up from either of the two pumps (HP or BP) on Banerji road, near North Railway station, depending on which direction i'm heading.

Last week while on my way to Janatha Road passed this pump and immediately remembered your post.

Decided to fill up from here for a change. After which I also got the tyres topped up with nitrogen. Imagine my surprise when the TPMS for the first time since I have been using it (4 years now) showed up accurate readings that were on par with what the pump's machine read.

Looks like this will be my goto pump from now on as i happen to live near by.

Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin-cocosaroadcochintpms.jpg

Last edited by anoop.u : 4th January 2020 at 14:53. Reason: Removed extra spacing
anoop.u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 6,936 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Since I couldnt figure out why I was getting lower mileage in my car from the IOCL COCO pump at Janatha while other TBHPians didnt have an issue, I decided to switch to my old faithful Bharat Petroleum pump at Kadavanthra. The mileage I got from my city driving (including the quite light post Christmas season) was a rather low 9.91 kmpl with the fuel from the IOCL COCO pump. What was interesting though is that the air pressure in all 4 tires (I checked it the last time that I topped up at the same IOCL COCO bunk) was showing only 25 PSI all round. I always fill up the air pressure to 32 / 33 and even if we account for 2 - 3 PSI difference between pumps, there is still a big difference. The ride quality is a little bouncier now but after topping up at the BPCL pump, the MID is back to showing numbers around 11 kmpl. So it looks like the low air pressure might have been the culprit.

Next month when I fill petrol I will check the air pressure in BPCL and then go to the IOCL COCO pump and check it there as well. This is a mystery that needs to be solved
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:13   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 6,639 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Since I couldnt figure out why I was getting lower mileage in my car from the IOCL COCO pump at Janatha while other TBHPians didnt have an issue, I decided to switch to my old faithful Bharat Petroleum pump at Kadavanthra.
Finally, I have to agree with you Neil. Ever since this pump was started, I have been filling from here. I generally do not top up my tank unless it's a long drive (Usually fill it for 2k).

Last few months, I have been seeing considerable drop in mileage. I usually get around 13-14kmpl in b2b traffic. But lately, it dropped to around 9-10kmpl. I thought it was due to the fact that the car was nearing it's service and would improve after that. I then decided to try the trick that was mentioned on WA forwards. Decided to fill for 2100/- and the mileage was back to normal. Then filled it for 2k and the mileage dropped. Tried this method couple of times and noticed that whenever I topped with a round figure, the mileage was low. Today also I noticed that the mileage was satisfactory when my last fill up was for 1050/-.

Going to follow this method from here on .
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 22:39   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 6,936 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Finally, I have to agree with you Neil. Ever since this pump was started, I have been filling from here. I generally do not top up my tank unless it's a long drive (Usually fill it for 2k).

Last few months, I have been seeing considerable drop in mileage. I usually get around 13-14kmpl in b2b traffic. But lately, it dropped to around 9-10kmpl. I thought it was due to the fact that the car was nearing it's service and would improve after that. I then decided to try the trick that was mentioned on WA forwards. Decided to fill for 2100/- and the mileage was back to normal. Then filled it for 2k and the mileage dropped. Tried this method couple of times and noticed that whenever I topped with a round figure, the mileage was low. Today also I noticed that the mileage was satisfactory when my last fill up was for 1050/-.

Going to follow this method from here on .
I read this at least 5 times and could not think of any scientific reasoning for it! May I suggest that you try the petrol pump on Kaloor Kadavanthra road for your next top up and see if there is any change in the numbers (for either Rs 2000 or 2100 top ups!)? The mileage on my car went up after shifting to this pump. Unfortunately, I need to do a tank up only once a month, so my tracking of this issue is rather slow as compared to others with a lot more running, like you.

Meanwhile I am still scratching my head over your findings
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 00:07   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
foby.sebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Thrissur/Kochi
Posts: 2,623
Thanked: 2,290 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Yes that has been a regular pump to me too. opens at about 0645 and close at about 2000. i fill up at about 1930 hrs from there and regualrly see the 320d of diwaniya furnishings there. a lot of people make this their regular pump.
Any civil services pumb in Kakkanad sea port air port road area? How's reliance pumb opposite to CESZ?
foby.sebastian is offline  
Old 18th March 2020, 10:26   #44
BHPian
 
K_Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Kochi - PKD
Posts: 108
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Any civil services pumb in Kakkanad sea port air port road area? How's reliance pumb opposite to CESZ?
If you go a bit further towards Irumbabam, you can find all company owned petrol pumps. I prefer BPCL on the right side.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 11:41   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 6,639 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
May I suggest that you try the petrol pump on Kaloor Kadavanthra road for your next top up and see if there is any change in the numbers (for either Rs 2000 or 2100 top ups!)?

Meanwhile I am still scratching my head over your findings
You mean the one near Vinayaka? If so, I used to regular there (few years back) but stopped as it gets pretty crowded and moreover, it's not enroute.

But will definitely try this odd numbers in other petrol pumps and see if this statement is true.

As for the findings, it was based on a WA forward that was circulating many months back. Few of colleagues do follow this and confirm that they too notice some difference. Guess there are many videos on YouTube as well. I think it's because they have preset these round figures (500, 1000, 2000) and they just press the desired button (quantity is already set a bit low in all these configurations). When we demand an odd number, they will have to manually enter the amount so we get the fuel as per the amount entered as it's not preset. This is the theory as per the WA but guess it's true .

To give an example, when I filled for 1000, the car ran for around 170 kms. When I topped for 1050, it ran for 225 kms (same route, same time, same conditions). These are just approx values but atleast there's some difference.
naveen.raju is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks