Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 12:02   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You mean the one near Vinayaka? If so, I used to regular there (few years back) but stopped as it gets pretty crowded and moreover, it's not enroute.

But will definitely try this odd numbers in other petrol pumps and see if this statement is true.

As for the findings, it was based on a WA forward that was circulating many months back. Few of colleagues do follow this and confirm that they too notice some difference. Guess there are many videos on YouTube as well. I think it's because they have preset these round figures (500, 1000, 2000) and they just press the desired button (quantity is already set a bit low in all these configurations). When we demand an odd number, they will have to manually enter the amount so we get the fuel as per the amount entered as it's not preset. This is the theory as per the WA but guess it's true .

To give an example, when I filled for 1000, the car ran for around 170 kms. When I topped for 1050, it ran for 225 kms (same route, same time, same conditions). These are just approx values but atleast there's some difference.
Yes, the BPCL one at the junction of KK road and Subhash Chandra Bose one.

I always do a full tank and whenever the fuel dispenser automatically cuts off, I get it topped up to the nearest 50 or 100 (whichever is next). So I guess I am getting more fuel as per the logic of the whatsapp forward, I wont complain!
Old 25th December 2020, 22:21   #47
BHPian

Hey guys, how are the Reliance pumps in kerala? Any feedback.

Normally I fill up at shell, back in Bangalore

Found one near to place where I stay at caritas, kottayam.

Mods: Closest thread i could find with regards to my query.

Last edited by SideView : 25th December 2020 at 22:25. Reason: Adding more info
Old 25th December 2020, 23:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Hey guys, how are the Reliance pumps in kerala? Any feedback.

Normally I fill up at shell, back in Bangalore

Found one near to place where I stay at caritas, kottayam.

Mods: Closest thread i could find with regards to my query.
In my experience filling from reliance was the only way to get double digit fuel efficiency in my rexton,.It is far away from home so only tried it three or four times
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 20:08   #49
BHPian

My go-to pump is the BP COCO outlet near the High Court, opposite Purva Grandbay, on Abraham Madamakkal Road. This is the google maps location to the place: https://goo.gl/maps/oThH25EyEujcXL8Y6

Sadly, their Nitrogen air filling equipment wasn't very reliable the last time I visited to refuel. Being a COCO, I'm guessing BP will take care of it sooner than later.

What I like about the pump is that it has plenty of space, and the staff are usually cordial. Expectedly, they accept cash/UPI/card and whatnot, so they are sorted on the front. You may be approached by a friendly young kid or two, trying to have you sign up for debit/credit cards, but they are not bothersome.
Old 15th February 2022, 23:25   #50
BHPian

If you are travelling from Cochin to Trivandrum there is a new HP COCO pump in Kollam. It's located by the NH about 2-3 kms before Neendakara bridge when coming from Cochin.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/NR7KeJHLh4cKj2DV7

There is a cafe that serves tea, coffee and snacks. It's a good option if you want a short break.

There is free Air/Nitrogen filling station with attendant. Free oil change (mostly used by local bikers and rickshaws). There is also PUC centre and Fastag services in the premise.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 05:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

For the last few years, I have been fuelling my Baleno1.6 & CBR250 at the BPCL pump just before Kadavanthara junction on the left side of the road while coming from Vyttilla. And since the bike consistently returns an FE between 38-40kmpl (used only for 200km weekend highway rides - no city riding), I think they aren't upto any hanky-panky.

I usually fill up for an odd amount (Rs1950 for car, Rs1160 for bike, Rs330 for Scooty etc) to avoid any possible cheating by pump in preset round amounts like 200, 1000, 2000 etc.

The other pumps I have used are the Supplyco Pump opposite DurbarHall, BPCL on Kaloor-Kadavanthara road and very rarely the pump between GCDA & Manorama junction - no bad experiences at any of these till date.

Having spent couple decades in Chennai where cheating at pumps in various forms is very rampant, Kochi seems very decent.
Ofcourse, consumer needs to do due diligence - ensuring zero is set before fuelling, exiting car and being near the attendant, filling for odd amounts (not rounded), avoiding talking to any of the snake-oil vendors who try to distract you, asking to do an auto-shutoff fill (instead of manual) etc.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th May 2022 at 06:20.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 09:06   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
For the last few years, I have been fuelling my Baleno1.6 & CBR250 at the BPCL pump just before Kadavanthara junction on the left side of the road while coming from Vyttilla. And since the bike consistently returns an FE between 38-40kmpl (used only for 200km weekend highway rides - no city riding), I think they aren't upto any hanky-panky.

The other pumps I have used are the Supplyco Pump opposite DurbarHall, BPCL on Kaloor-Kadavanthara road and very rarely the pump between GCDA & Manorama junction - no bad experiences at any of these till date.
That's been my usual stop for many years since I stay next to it. But ever since COCO opened in Janatha, that been my stop nowadays. They are pretty good.

Yes, I havent noticed any issues expect for the supplyco pump at Ravipuram where they royally tried the usual trick that you see in Chennai and Bangalore (He stopped few 100's before the actual amount and said it was done).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:04   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I had a good experience while filling up my Jazz and the GT 535 there. The fuel quality also appears to be as good an any other pump in town. The attendant who fills air in the IOCL Durbar Hall road pump is a grumpy chap who demands a tenner from every vehicle and grumbles loudly if he doesnt get it. Here there are no such issues and the queues are much less from what I have observed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Last week while on my way to Janatha Road passed this pump and immediately remembered your post.

Looks like this will be my goto pump from now on as i happen to live near by.

Attachment 1953084

So finally after using this pump for couple of years, refuelling all our cars and being their loyal customer, I have finally decided to call it quit.

Long story short:

Charged me twice, no refund even though they assured me, no calls/updates even after I went there after this incident so finally decided to fill using the extra cash that they owe me.

Finally after this, I got a call from the manager. He didn't allow me to talk and simply blabbers "why you shouting? Let me speak". I just asked him one question - Why didn't they call me for a week and why they called me all of a sudden today? He kept blabbering "network issue, machine not working, they didnt receive the money" and asks me to send my bank statement (I had already showed the debit message on the day of the incident. Finally he hung up the call blabbering " There's no point talking to you. You do whatever you want".

I do have the dashcam recording (only audio) where I mention that the cash was debited and where he assures that I will get the refund in 24 hours.

Anyhow, it's time to find another reliable pump.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks