Team-BHP - Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/112665-professional-car-detailing-3m-car-care-pune-4.html)

Got a GermClean treatment done on my Vista yesterday at 3M Baner. This is a new treatment /package replacing the old Interior cleaning packages by 3M. The interiors are now super clean and the smell inside the car is terrific. The leather upholstery is sparkling and even the carpet, doors, dash, roof all look good. The cost was close to 2.5k, which included Symantec discount of 10%.

There was one important piece of information given to me by the 3M Baner chap. 3M have officially cancelled their tie-up with Crystal Honda showroom for all 3M products. Recently, there were a few customers of Crystal Honda who had major issues with 3M products being installed on their cars. So when 3M guys were called at the site for inspection, they found out that the way the products were applied was totally wrong and that caused trouble to the customers. He also said that the staff at Crystal Honda showroom is not 3M's staff, but the dealer's own guys.

So, if anyone buying a vehicle from Crystal Honda in the future and if the dealer says he can give you 3M films, paint protection, underbody coating etc, consider that as unofficial.

For further details, one can contact 3M Baner showroom and talk to Mr. Swapnil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2917769)
Got a GermClean treatment done on my Vista yesterday at 3M Baner. This is a new treatment /package replacing the old Interior cleaning packages by 3M. The interiors are now super clean and the smell inside the car is terrific. The leather upholstery is sparkling and even the carpet, doors, dash, roof all look good.

The obvious question. Kitna liya ?? What was the cost ?

Recently visited the 3M Car Car Near Magarpatta. The Centre is big, ipad, LCD used for demo, right on the main road so easy to spot, lots of Meguiar's product available now a days - scratchX, rubbing compound, lliquid wax, paste wax, shampoo, tire foam, polish, quick detailer ... etc.

Just sharing - they started some car body protection (don't remember the exact word) where in they install some transparent film on the car surface (scratch prone areas) like Bonnet, bumpers which avoids scratches/paint coming off. Asked for the price - costly - bonnet would cost approx. 5K INR (checked for my car, Polo) and ~2-3 hrs time.

Bumper needs more time as it is done by trained staff as the installation is a bit more complicated due to curves. The owner said they recently did a Beetle and it took them more than 02 days as they wanted to do the job perfectly and at that point in time they didn't have trained staff for the job (honest!). If you are interested, better get in touch with 3M for more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 2921450)
Just sharing - they started some car body protection (don't remember the exact word) where in they install some transparent film on the car surface (scratch prone areas) like Bonnet, bumpers which avoids scratches/paint coming off. Asked for the price - costly - bonnet would cost approx. 5K INR (checked for my car, Polo) and ~2-3 hrs time.

Bumper needs more time as it is done by trained staff as the installation is a bit more complicated due to curves. The owner said they recently did a Beetle and it took them more than 02 days as they wanted to do the job perfectly and at that point in time they didn't have trained staff for the job (honest!). If you are interested, better get in touch with 3M for more details.

They call this PPF (Paint Protection Film). Its just way too expensive. The rate for this treatment is 400 Rs/sq feet. I remember the 3M Baner person telling me that the cost for complete coverage of a Fluidic Verna with this PPF was close to 80k or something. :Shockked: I think you could easily repaint your whole car 3 times in 80k.

Got the paint protection & restoration job done on my 9 year old S10 at Vimannagar outlet.Amazing workmanship and excellent end result.The car does turn heads and cars try to tailgate as it seems to be just out of the showroom.Highly recommended for cars more than 5 years old.
Also got the underbody treatment done on my OHC at Magarpatta outlet.Got the 5 year warranty one and got a discount of 10%.This one has got sound deadning properties which is quite evident.
Apparently , a bigger outlet than magarpatta has recently opened on Apte road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2917769)
Got a GermClean treatment done on my Vista yesterday at 3M Baner. This is a new treatment /package replacing the old Interior cleaning packages by 3M. The interiors are now super clean and the smell inside the car is terrific. The leather upholstery is sparkling and even the carpet, doors, dash, roof all look good. The cost was close to 2.5k, which included Symantec discount of 10%.

Good to hear that you are satisfied.
Isn't Rs. 2500 quite expensive for just interior cleaning?

Do they use steam cleaners for this process?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2921744)

Actually the cost was 2180/- to be precise.

Agreed. It is pretty expensive, but wanted to give it a try since this is a new product/treatment. Not sure about steam cleaners, but they used exclusive technique for each part, such as upholstery, plastic, floors, mats, roof, etc.

Also got a exterior foam wash complementary with this, so all in all, a worth experiment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2921718)
They call this PPF (Paint Protection Film). Its just way too expensive. The rate for this treatment is 400 Rs/sq feet. I remember the 3M Baner person telling me that the cost for complete coverage of a Fluidic Verna with this PPF was close to 80k or something. :Shockked: I think you could easily repaint your whole car 3 times in 80k.

:) exactly. When they showed the demo of the film, I was impressed. But you are correct, 5k for bonnet of hatchback and 80k for a full sedan ! Too much.
Hope they realize that the product is excellent only if they can provide the same with more reasonable and practical pricing it would be acceptable to majority of car owners.

They also have carbon fibre type sticker, it was too expensive. He quoted Rs 850 per ORVM I guess, I don't recall the correct price.

Interior cleaning is also on the expensive side,but the exterior treatment is worth the money spent, they do a fantastic job.

The MASS also does interior cleaning, IIRC they charge Rs 300 - 500. 3M interior cleaning starts at Rs 1200 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2921744)

Recently noticed the external car wash by 3M is done using steam. Previously it was Foam Wash.

Had a long chat with the concerned person @MP City 3M. They use a machine for this steam exterior wash. They use Mineral water. Yes, you read it correctly, mineral water. Just out of curiosity asked him how much water they need to wash a hatchback. Its approx. a 20 ltr. can of mineral water. The reason given is - avoid using hard water to car, the machine cannot handle Pune Municipal Corporation water :) He was also saying that they removed water marks from an Audi (owned by one of top mgmt. of a private hospital) and the owner is very happy, also about corporate tie-ups and ... etc etc

The foam wash concept is no more. They use a multi-purpose cleaner at present which does it job perfectly.

The setup, product stock, demo is excellent @MP City 3M and more advanced compared to the other 3M shops at Pune. I am sure others will soon have the same setup too.

However, this steam wash might not be sufficient if one is interested in washing the underbody. For Washing underbody of the car and to clear all those muds, the local cleaning guy, preferably with a hydraulic piston is best.

@RemingtonSteele : If you are reading this ... one of your suggestion to the Meguiar's executive from HongKong during the event @ Pune is implemented. Err.. I hope I remember correctly, you only suggested :)
Meguiar's product is now available in < 100ml pouch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 2932475)
@RemingtonSteele : If you are reading this ... one of your suggestion to the Meguiar's executive from HongKong during the event @ Pune is implemented. Err.. I hope I remember correctly, you only suggested :)
Meguiar's product is now available in < 100ml pouch.

Hi Avon, ofcourse I am regular visitor to this thread and am reading this :)

Oh yeah, I had suggested smaller size containers for the new try outs. Great to to know this, any idea which all products they have launched in smaller containers?? If you have any catalogue please scan and put over, it will be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvonA7 (Post 2932475)
Recently noticed the external car wash by 3M is done using steam. Previously it was Foam Wash.

Had a long chat with the concerned person @MP City 3M. They use a machine for this steam exterior wash. They use Mineral water. Yes, you read it correctly, mineral water. Just out of curiosity asked him how much water they need to wash a hatchback. Its approx. a 20 ltr. can of mineral water.

I am glad that steam wash is getting adopted here in India.

Compared to foam wash, this one has the added advantage: It can kill germs/ bacteria.

I had made an enquiry to one of the best vendors in this business, and the product cost in India is around Rs. 3 lac.

http://www.sjecorp.com/system/usProductsDetail/102365

Sadly there is no equivalent product available for personal use.
Quote:

However, this steam wash might not be sufficient if one is interested in washing the underbody. For Washing underbody of the car and to clear all those muds, the local cleaning guy, preferably with a hydraulic piston is best.
Somehow this does not convince me. I have seen videos where machinery is cleaned of all the grime/ grease/ oil within seconds. Just spray and wipe with a towel and it is as good as brand new.
So, I am sure underbody is not a problem at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele (Post 2932587)
...Great to to know this, any idea which all products they have launched in smaller containers?? If you have any catalogue please scan and put over, it will be great.

the below three are available at present, pouch packs, didn't ask for catalogue

interior wipe - 45/-
ultimate polish - 79/-
nxt tech wax - 49/-

I was at 3M baner for my car wash last weekend. I had inquired about the Paint Protection Film . Got the below information from them.

=========================================
3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film
A durable, high grade, colorless urethane film that takes the brunt of damaging road debris.

What is Paint Protection Film?

A durable, high-grade, colorless urethane film applied to high-impact areas of your vehicle that take the brunt of damaging road debris and protects paint from nicks, scrapes & minor bump related paint rub offs.
It is sold under the brand name Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film SGH6 Or simply “Scotch PPF” to high-impact areas of your vehicle that take the brunt of damaging road debris and protects paint from nicks, scrapes & minor bump related paint rub offs.
It is sold under the brand name Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film SGH6 Or simply “ScotchGard”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qNhtL4AsdtQ

============================================
They have already done this protection on an XUV 500.

Now they have Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sticker also.

Note :- I am not associated with 3M Baner or any other branch. This information is for members benefit only.

So, having just returned from a track day at BIC with the M3, I decided it was time to have the car professionally cleaned. My Pagid yellow racing brake pads overheated at the track and ended up disintegrating in 45 laps! The result was huge amounts of brake dust all over the car. Couple to that the combined grime of a round-trip journey from Pune to Greater Noida and the car was absolutely filthy. There were black marks on the car that simply would not be washed out.

I took the car to the 3M Car Care Centre in Viman Nagar in Pune. There I met Mr. Nilesh Joshi, who showed me the various options available. I decided to go with the synthetic paint sealant program which cost Rs. 6,618/- inclusive of taxes. The guys worked tirelessly on the car, for over 7 hours and the end-result was simply breath taking. The car is now spotlessly clean and shining even better than the day I picked her up at the dealership! From the engine bay to the boot, the car is immaculate now! I am thoroughly impressed by the quality of their work and, though it is not cheap, I feel it is good value for money for people who do not have the time to detail their cars themselves, especially if your car is extra dirty like mine was when I took it there! :thumbs up