Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 9 28.13%
Recommended 3 9.38%
NOT Recommended 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:26   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I just saw it too, and while it is interesting I have a question to ask.

In the post it is said thesaint bought stuff from vagtune.com which Mr.Sugesh says is a totally different company and he has only built their website. But the weird part is on the page where the full post is, the website listed is vagtune.com (and not vagtune.in) and it also says vagtune global. If he is claiming they are separate companies, why is he posting from a page which mentions vagtune.com and vagtune global?
Frankly, this is too close for comfort. Any ethical company would ensure boundaries are clear and distinct to avoid any perception of a conflict of interest or mistaken identity. i.e. if vagtune.com existed, he should have called vagtune.in something else or vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
This is because both companies share the same resources, this is clearly indicated in the post.

I'm also on the part that we should hear both sides and then make an opinion, afterall we stand for truth... dont we?

Hope this post does not get deleted.
It is a bit too close for comfort. Assuming the .Com and .IN are two entities, one is taking advantage of the brand benefits but cries foul when the muck splashes back

Why should we delete the post?
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Vagtune.com is owned by several people, including Sugesh, while Vagune.in is solely owned by Sugesh.

When you order order through Vagtune.com, the prices are in USD$. When you order through Vagtune.com its expected for the purchaser to pay the duties, shipment etc., on his/her own. The purchaser also has to find his/her own installer, which may still be Vagtune India, but by paying the separate installation charge. All warranty support would also be provided from Vagtune.com and NOT Vagtune.in.

This is quite analogous to purchasing from ebay.in and ebay.com or amazon.in and amazon.com. We cannot shop from the '.in' site and reach out for support from 'com'. Even if you do, it would be routed to the entity where one had made the original purchase.

When you order through Vagtune India, the price is inclusive of the duties, shipment, taxes etc., in the final price, and the local office would provide you the support.

Though these terms are mentioned in the purchase receipts, I guess there should have been more effort in enlightening the buyers.

Last edited by nitinbose : 2nd July 2015 at 10:42.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is because both companies share the same resources, this is clearly indicated in the post.

I'm also on the part that we should hear both sides and then make an opinion, afterall we stand for truth... dont we?
Nitin, for the record I'm neutral to vagtune. I've spoken to Sugesh once, and he was helpful.

Quote:
Vagtune.com is owned by several people, including Sugesh, while Vagune.in is solely owned by Sugesh.

When you order order through Vagtune.com, the prices are in USD$. When you order through Vagtune.com its expected for the purchaser to pay the duties, shipment etc., on his/her own. The purchaser also has to find his/her own installer, which may still be Vagtune India, but by paying the separate installation charge. All warranty support would also be provided from Vagtune.com and NOT Vagtune.in.

This is quite analogous to purchasing from ebay.in and ebay.com or amazon.in and amazon.com. We cannot shop from the '.in' site and reach out for support from 'com'. Even if you do, it would be routed to the entity where one had made the original purchase.

When you order through Vagtune India, the price is inclusive of the duties, shipment, taxes etc., in the final price, and the local office would provide you the support.

Though these terms are mentioned in the purchase receipts, I guess there should have been more effort in enlightening the buyers.
He clearly mentions that vagtune.com is a separate company, and only the IT was outsourced to him because of his background. But now you are saying he a is a part owner.

That is my only question, which I find weird. If he is a part owner of that site, then ethically he should bear some responsibility for the parts bought from there, and not wash his hands off them.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:24   #64
BHPian

Wait a minute. So Sugesh happens to be an owner/shareholder of both the companies.

We have got basically three issues as per Mr Saint.
A malfunctioning DRL
A high beam/low beam switch assembly
Fittment of rear disc brakes.

Mr. Saint brought all of the equipment from the company vagtune.com of which he is a part owner and then brought it to his shop for fittment which is solely owned by him. Which ever way he is getting his benefits. The DRL for the headlight conks off and Mr. Saint asks for repair/replacement from Sugesh who is involved in both companies. That means he is involved in the company that sold the product and the business that fitted it as well. So what exactly are his reasons for trying to dodge Mr Saints complaints?

About the switch thing, Saint says he messaged about it to Sukesh. Sukesh says he doesn't know anything about it. The fact is if that failed part is also sourced from vagtune.com and fitted at his shop, Sukesh has a liability to get it fixed.

Avoiding the customer's phone calls and trying to wash his hands off the issue is not a part of fulfilling responsibility.

About the rear disc brake fittment issue. Well that needs more evidence before pointing fingers at who is to blame.

Last edited by nakul0888 : 2nd July 2015 at 11:31.
nakul0888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Wait a minute. So Sugesh happens to be an owner/shareholder of both the companies.

We have got basically three issues as per Mr Saint.
A malfunctioning DRL
A high beam/low beam switch assembly
Fittment of rear disc brakes.

Mr. Saint brought all of the equipment from the company vagtune.com of which he is a part owner and then brought it to his shop for fittment which is solely owned by him. Which ever way he is getting his benefits. The DRL for the headlight conks off and Mr. Saint asks for repair/replacement from Sugesh who is involved in both companies. That means he is involved in the company that sold the product and the business that fitted it as well. So what exactly are his reasons for trying to dodge Mr Saints complaints?

About the switch thing, Saint says he messaged about it to Sukesh. Sukesh says he doesn't know anything about it. The fact is if that failed part is also sourced from vagtune.com and fitted at his shop, Sukesh has a liability to get it fixed.
Because the items were purchased from vagtune.com, the buyer has to reach out to vagtune.com for support. A buyer buys from a company, which is a business, which recognizes its buyers or customers and not as individuals.

We may know someone working form amazon.com or .in., however, in case a support/replacement is required, do we approach the company or this individual?

One may bring stuff from abroad, such as ICE and have it installed with the help of a local installer; however, in case of component failure, we surely reach out to the dealer abroad and NOT the local ICE installer, dont we?

Last edited by nitinbose : 2nd July 2015 at 11:43.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:41   #66
BHPian

First of all why is he narrating entire story on his FB page is it because he wants to gain sympathy from his valued customers? Vagtune.com & .in is a clean way of evading tax from the govt? think about it my friend? he promotes it to buy from there to earn in USD, WHY? (anyways don't want to get into this) I think my post is not been read by him or the people in his defence, I clearly said myself in my thread of Polo GT that he is good only till the time he sees money coming to him.

THE ISSUE IS AFTER SALES SERVICE - HE IS LEAST BOTHERED, PLEASE READ WHAT IS MY CONCERN.

reading at his FB comments it is disturbing that he Records people calls (legally you are not allowed to do so), he keeps screen shots of whats app(surprising and shocking), who does all of that, is there something fishy here?

I have spent money and asked for a after sales service, which in his FB post regarding the DRL he has not even mentioned once that he helped, he is going in circles to narrate a story which is not relevant.

Regarding the axle, I neither live in Kochi nor have visited it before this trip, how can I arrange a axle in one day when I don't know ABCD of the city, this is so funny. It was always his friend and lead to buy the axle and he took my axle in return as well to install it back to the car he took it from as that owner was never going to upgrade the breaks is what he said (it from a total loss car, is news to me) .Someone who can spend lacs on his car and drive to kochi to get it installed speaks on its own. I don't think I need to justify anything further. I am not here for his freebees. I can keep the capacity to buy another light.

I was just sharing my experience regarding the after sales service, and I stand by that point until the end with him. He has no respect for customer service. That's my personal opinion.

Regards,

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd July 2015 at 16:21. Reason: Expanding on the acronym "A.S.S." so as not to cause any confusion :)
The Saint is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:55   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Because the items were purchased from vagtune.com, the buyer has to reach out to vagtune.com for support. A buyer buys from a company, which is a business, which recognizes its buyers or customers and not as individuals.

We may know someone working form amazon.com or .in., however, in case a support/replacement is required, do we approach the company or this individual?

One may bring stuff from abroad, such as ICE and have it installed with the help of a local installer; however, in case of component failure, we surely reach out to the dealer abroad and NOT the local ICE installer, dont we?
In this case the dealer of ICE and the local garage has a common owner. Surely if Sukesh is so helpful to his customers he can help out Mr Saint. It's called moral responsibility.

Sure he can tell Mr Saint to sod off and deal with the dealer company itself. Nothing illegal about that. But It's not what a somebody who cares about his customers would do. Just saying.

Main issue here is the treatment he dishes out in the form of A.S.S.
The fact that he routinely avoids phone calls itself is a mark against him.

Moderator Vid6639 is bang on about his assessment of Vagtune.

Vagtune is a dealer. He deals in aftermarket equipment for cars made by foreign companies. He gets these equipment for you and fitting those is basically in most cases is a plug and play job. So far so good, as long as nothing goes wrong, everything is fine. But when things go wrong or complications occur. Well you better be prepared for a bumpy ride. I am not saying you will always receive crap treatment. But you should be well prepared for it.

Last edited by nakul0888 : 2nd July 2015 at 12:11.
nakul0888 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly, this is too close for comfort. Any ethical company would ensure boundaries are clear and distinct to avoid any perception of a conflict of interest or mistaken identity. i.e. if vagtune.com existed, he should have called vagtune.in something else or vice versa

It is a bit too close for comfort. Assuming the .Com and .IN are two entities, one is taking advantage of the brand benefits but cries foul when the muck splashes back
Absolutely right Ajmat.
1. It looks like both the websites are selling the same goods sourced from the same vendors.
2. Sugesh also appears to be active on vagtunes.com (website registration details/FB presence?)
3. If a customer chooses to take the risk of shipping + customs for potentially much lower cost for exactly the same product, why can't Sugesh offer better after-sales service if things go wrong?

I guess the issue isn't with the man or the products, but with the way he's dealing with after-market complaints. He should thank his stars he's not a seller on ebay.com or amazon.com! The way the 99%-100% feedback rating stores take care of complaints is outstanding.

Incidentally, even ignoring the illegality bit of it, I find his attitude of recording conversations and taking whatsapp messages creepy.

Thanks Saint! It takes guts to speak out on purchases which have gone bad - wish enough people do that. And I appreciate your maturity to focus the discussion on the quality of support post install rather than personally slandering the chap.
d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my experience with Vagtune, And thank God all of this happened before i went ahead and bought anything. All of this was for my car Jetta Highline 2014.

It was approximately 6 - 8 months back, When i had contacted sugesh for the first time via a phone call to let him know that i am interested in buying a couple of things, He listened to me and asked me to make an account on his website and send him the ID and password so he can add everything to my cart and then i can pay on the website, I agreed and did that in the next half hour, Only to never get a reply from him again, Through the phone, Or Text message or even on Facebook. Never got a reply!

I thought maybe well he would be too busy, I called again, No one answered. I decided to turn down the plan and wait for some more time. I again messaged him on Facebook, Which can be seen below, Now all of the things i have mentioned would easily cost me nearly 2 lakhs!

Name:  Screen Shot 20150925 at 9.11.37 pm.png
Views: 2733
Size:  113.5 KB

And again i never got a reply, I decided to leave it again.

It was today 25th September, On my birthday i decided to get my car those mods, So i called again, And the conversation hardly lasted for a minute, Yes he pickedup the phone this time

I directly told him i am calling from mumbai and i am interested in installing a couple of things including the self parking PLA 2.0, He clearly said we don't provide remote installation, (Even though their wesbite says they do provide remote support for installation) To which i said if its possible to provide support for installation if i can arrange someone to install it for me? To which he clearly said its not possible since heavy machinery is required ( I hope i heard it right, Heavy machinery??) And the phone was disconnected. Also i need to mention he was very rude over the call, I too have a business to handle, Locally and Internationally and i would never talk to a potential customer the way he did.

On a side note, If at all i would have bought the self parking kit from vagtune, It would have costed me nearly 50k just for the kit, Without installation, I have enquired through a friend in Taiwan who confirmed the kit is available for 20k With shipping to india, With warranty and confirmation that it would work with the car, ( I had sent my VCD scan of the car) And they confirmed it would work and will also provide an installation guide.

Also such kits are available on Aliexpress at a very mouth watering price, And people from china on aliexpress communicate just soo quickly even if you are just in the planning stage of buying the product, Also they have great knowledge about their products. I travel to UAE often, I can easily get the parts from there with me as well while coming back.

For now i have decided to hold on to all the mods. I Will arrange everything on my own and also arrange someone on my own to install it for me, I won't even think twice if i have to pay double the amount of what vagtune has quoted on their website, But i won't ever buy anything from them.

Voted : Not recommended.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 22:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Sharing my experience with Vagtune, And thank God all of this happened before i went ahead and bought anything. All of this was for my car Jetta Highline 2014.

p
Well to be very honest, most of the stuff is available for less than half the price at Sites like AliExpress. And its just common sense to not use Indian Providers who act like a wall. Neither do they return calls nor do they revert, not even to the existing customers.
Old 25th September 2015, 22:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Well to be very honest, most of the stuff is available for less than half the price at Sites like AliExpress. And its just common sense to not use Indian Providers who act like a wall. Neither do they return calls nor do they revert, not even to the existing customers.
Agreed, Specially when with the german cars, Mostly everything is plug and play, All you need is an installation guide, Which actually is available on the internet easily. I have already had a talk with a few sellers on aliexpress, And i was impressed everytime, They are just not just selling something that they have, They have proper knowledge of what they are selling, And are always ready to help you with any questions you have.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks