Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories - Phadke Car Decor - Kothrud Pune

Guys, not sure if this is the right thread, but does anybody know a place where i can get an rpm meter fitted in Pune (On a Zen). I already have the meter, i just need to get it fixed.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Was looking for seat covers, and realised that places like CarAx were asking for a premium which I did not think they warrant. I agree the place is huge, the sales staff helpful and patient, but the price difference is just too much.
So I got some seat covers from Phadke itself. Reasonably priced, doesnt push what is not required as well. Pics are in my thread.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:24   #18
BHPian

I have good experience of Phadke car accessories as I have done my Innova and Ritz at his place.

Durga car decor is OK.I fitted my art leather covers for Innova but are not of good quality.The stitches are weak and I felt cheated.Got it repaired from local seat coverwalla for 150 bucks and he has done good job actually than original ones with double stitching .I did not learnt lesson after my Indica DLG had same issues with his art leather seat covers...so next time strict no no at least for seat covers to Durga.

Sunny car decor at J.M. road is pricey and has lost repute since last one year due to high pricing.
Old 7th July 2011, 07:34   #19
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, not sure if this is the right thread, but does anybody know a place where i can get an rpm meter fitted in Pune (On a Zen). I already have the meter, i just need to get it fixed.
Hope this is not too late! The guy who fixed the Vtec indicator on my Civic is pretty proficient on after-market electrical fitments. If you are interested, do send me a PM.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 09:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Hope this is not too late! The guy who fixed the Vtec indicator on my Civic is pretty proficient on after-market electrical fitments. If you are interested, do send me a PM.
Thanks dot. I had found a few places where this can be done (Tune up said he'd do it), but these guys were all open only on weekdays, so it never got fixed !

In hindsight, my car has some electrical issues with the ecu to injector wiring and was at MASS for a week. The rpm meter would have been the perfect reason for them to void my true value warranty.

So now decided i'll let the warranty period lapse and then get it fixed.
Old 28th October 2011, 13:36   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed amp & subwoofer in my Vista yesterday, from Phadke Car Decor. Price was a tad on the higher side (10,700 for JBL 2 ch amp, JBL 1100w woofer+box, wiring, convertor box and labour) but the way my car was handled, the fitment was done (not a single hole drilled) and all panels were taken off and refitted was really pleasing. Absolute care was taken and no ripping / banging was done. I had stopped expecting careful handling from these accessory stores.

Overall, experience totally satisfactory and I'll never be visiting any other store hopefully. Next mod in line is Roots horn to complement the stock single unit one on highways.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Got my sunfilm (3M) & seat cover(Autoform) from Phadke today.
Both were installed well, though was happier with the film installation (RE 50).
As was stated earlier in the thread, he doesn't force anything on you & i felt whatever he said were honest opinions. Luckily cause of the upcoming elections in Pune it wasn't that crowded on a Sunday.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Got my sunfilm (3M) & seat cover(Autoform) from Phadke today.
Can you share cost and pictures of the same please ? Did you get RE50 all around ?
Old 14th February 2012, 11:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Can you share cost and pictures of the same please ? Did you get RE50 all around ?
He quoted Rs. 3850 for the rear & sides which was the lowest compared to the two other places i called - Poona motors & Car cupid, though i was also getting car covers from him.
Yes RE-50, haven't got the front done yet. Will depend on how hot the summer in Mumbai is gonna be i guess
Will try to post pictures soon.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:10   #25
BHPian

Can anybody let me know about filming quality difference between 3M, LLumar and Garware?

I recently inquired about the rear and side windows. Poona Motors, pimpri outlet quoted Rs. 5000 +/- for 3M and LLumar.

Garware is far lesser as far as cost is concerned. If the net effect is the same I dont see any reason to pay extra for brand for the Filming.
Old 18th August 2012, 18:57   #26
BHPian

Got Infinity Comp in the front door and Infinity Co-axial in rear door installed today :
Price : 5500 Rs / pair for front speaker, 3500 Rs/pair for rear speakers, 5500 Rs for Damping (which is like Rs 1375/per door) . Spacer rings wooden free . Total : 14500Rs

Quality of work is good . Long term reliability yet to be assessed. Mr Phadke does not force products on you and he put the spacers etc on his own account . Time wise he told me it will take about 2 hours to complete and it took 4 hours. Lots of customers during the time. But he made sure a technician was always working on my car.

Good experience with Phadke . One picture of rear door speaker installation to give an idea of worksmanship.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Accessories - Phadke Car Decor - Kothrud Pune-20120818-14.35.17.jpg  

Last edited by vikrantj : 18th August 2012 at 18:59.
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:48   #27
BHPian

Very good shop indeed. I do not see any reason to go to other shops. Yesterday, I got accessories worth 35K done from him for my Liva diesel. The owner Mr. Ranjit never forced anything to buy and took time to demonstrate effect of damping on ICE using his own Swift diesel. A very good place in Pune for accessory shopping.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 11:31   #28
BHPian

I went to this shop after reading the positive reviews here. But I had a disappointing experience and won't recommend this store at all. In fact I would rate the owner unprofessional.

Here is what happened.

I had to get a sun film installed on the windshield of my car. Since Phadke car decor is very close to where I stay (and because of the reviews I read here) I decided to pay a visit.

I visited the shop at 2 pm and enquired about the amount of time to install the film. The owner told me that it is a two hour job. He asked me to drop the car at 3 pm and pick it up at 5 pm. I had to leave for Kolhapur the same evening (@ 7 pm). I told Mr.Phadke that I had to travel out of Pune at 7 pm and it would be perfectly ok with me if I get the filming done after I return. But he assured me that the car will be ready at 5 pm. I dropped the car at 2.45 pm at his shop and walked home. Sequence of events after I dropped the car:

1. I called him at 4.15 to check if everything is on track and that I will be picking up the car at 5.00 pm. He told me to come at 5.30 pm since one of his guys came late. I reminded him that his promise was for delivery in 2 hours and that I have to travel. He asked me to not worry and that the car will be delivered at 5.30

2. I called him at 5.15 again this time telling him that I am on my way to his shop and wanted to know the final bill amount. This time he informed me that the car is still not ready and it will take another hour. "Barobbar 6.30 la yeun tumhi gaadi gheun ja. 100% tayar thevto". ("You can pick up the car at sharp 6.30 pm. I will ensure that the car is ready by then"). Now I blasted him and reminded him of the (now false) promises he had made to me when I dropped the car

3. 6.30 pm I reached his shop (this time without calling). What I saw after reaching there absolutely shocked me. His men had just about started working on the car and the car was far from ready. I asked Mr.Phadke for an explanation and he started blabbering some stuff that had absolutely no substance in it. I realised then and there itself that there was no way I was going to leave for Kolhapur and 7 pm. I stood there patiently and finally the car was delivered to me at 7.40 pm

4. After he said the car is "ready" I decided to check the work. I noticed that all the car was not at all cleaned from inside. All filming material was stashed under the seats. I asked them to remove that. Then I noticed that the windshield sticker of my club membership had gone missing. I asked them about the sticker and they had no clue about it. They just removed it and trashed it. I had reached a point where I realised there is no reason arguing with this Phadke guy and his staff. They were beyond reasoning.

5. I settled the bill and drove off but not before telling him that he could have handled the situation better. He was completely unapologetic about the fact that he had disappointed a customer and coolly walked away from the cash counter.

Maybe my case was an one off. But I see no reason why it should have been.

Never ever visiting this guy and his cramped shop again. Thumbs down!
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 14:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I went to this shop after reading the positive reviews here. But I had a disappointing experience and won't recommend this store at all. In fact I would rate the owner unprofessional.

Here is what happened.

I had to get a sun film installed on the windshield of my car. Since Phadke car decor is very close to where I stay (and because of the reviews I read here) I decided to pay a visit.

I visited the shop at 2 pm and enquired about the amount of time to install the film. The owner told me that it is a two hour job. He asked me to drop the car at 3 pm and pick it up at 5 pm. I had to leave for Kolhapur the same evening (@ 7 pm). I told Mr.Phadke that I had to travel out of Pune at 7 pm and it would be perfectly ok with me if I get the filming done after I return. But he assured me that the car will be ready at 5 pm. I dropped the car at 2.45 pm at his shop and walked home. Sequence of events after I dropped the car:

1. I called him at 4.15 to check if everything is on track and that I will be picking up the car at 5.00 pm. He told me to come at 5.30 pm since one of his guys came late. I reminded him that his promise was for delivery in 2 hours and that I have to travel. He asked me to not worry and that the car will be delivered at 5.30

2. I called him at 5.15 again this time telling him that I am on my way to his shop and wanted to know the final bill amount. This time he informed me that the car is still not ready and it will take another hour. "Barobbar 6.30 la yeun tumhi gaadi gheun ja. 100% tayar thevto". ("You can pick up the car at sharp 6.30 pm. I will ensure that the car is ready by then"). Now I blasted him and reminded him of the (now false) promises he had made to me when I dropped the car

3. 6.30 pm I reached his shop (this time without calling). What I saw after reaching there absolutely shocked me. His men had just about started working on the car and the car was far from ready. I asked Mr.Phadke for an explanation and he started blabbering some stuff that had absolutely no substance in it. I realised then and there itself that there was no way I was going to leave for Kolhapur and 7 pm. I stood there patiently and finally the car was delivered to me at 7.40 pm

4. After he said the car is "ready" I decided to check the work. I noticed that all the car was not at all cleaned from inside. All filming material was stashed under the seats. I asked them to remove that. Then I noticed that the windshield sticker of my club membership had gone missing. I asked them about the sticker and they had no clue about it. They just removed it and trashed it. I had reached a point where I realised there is no reason arguing with this Phadke guy and his staff. They were beyond reasoning.

5. I settled the bill and drove off but not before telling him that he could have handled the situation better. He was completely unapologetic about the fact that he had disappointed a customer and coolly walked away from the cash counter.

Maybe my case was an one off. But I see no reason why it should have been.

Never ever visiting this guy and his cramped shop again. Thumbs down!
Even thumbs down from me for PHADKE KAR Decor.

Totally unprofessional behavior for a normal customer.
He behave well if you are spending a heavy amount.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 08:22   #30
BHPian

I recently visited this shop and had a very bad experience.

Four years back I had fitted few accessories from this shop and the experience was good.On my recent visit I found him to be very arrogant, was not in a mood to show the accesories (let alone explain about them). And this behaviour was with all of the customers in the shop. I kept my cool for sometime telling myself that he is busy. When he was free I asked him about one accessory (reverse camera) and he rudely informed the price. Still I kept my cool. When I said I wanted to check the camera resolution before installation he shot back in a very arrogant fashion that this is not possible and will show it only if I get my car for installation and that too on a afternoon and on a weekday and not weekend. That snapped me and I gave him a piece of mind. The other customers after hearing me, they also zapped him.

I asked for a simple query which could have been handled in a better fashion. He has lost a customer. In the initial days when this shop was opened it was bit good. But now the services have become very poor.

Absolute pathetic service, keep away from this store.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks