Team-BHP - Classic Volkswagens in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Classic Volkswagens in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/42766-classic-volkswagens-india-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 928384)
Oh and did that black and white patches dog give you any trouble? :) Blacky was supposed to be guarding the microbus, i see her lazing in the sand. A dog in Goa huh :D

Hi Spitfire, No problem with Blacky,to busy just watching and admiring the splitscreen microbus we were driving. We made about four visits to that area.
Can understand you being angry with yourself about selling the microbus,but you know you really want to see any progress thats been done on it so far . and think to yourself,that could have been mine

Only saw the Mahindra classic there once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 928634)
One question: Was the glovebox behind the steering wheel only a feature on the splitscreen?

Yup, the twin glove boxes with central metres were only available on Splits, and in 53 a few splits were made with a later style dash.

We are discussing the rarest of VW's here, Good.

Keep watching this space"....."

Spitfire sorry to hear about your Splitscreen , Be happy man atleast you got hold of a Baywindow now.

Some more pics on the Baywindow will be really helpful since you dont pick your phone for my queries:uncontrol

If were talking rare ,heres some pics i took last year when we done a 3000 mile trip on our tour of europe and visted the new museum at Wolfsberg,Bad camberg vw show and the old museum at wolfsberg.My old
Splitscreen camper never missed a beat. all the pics in this post were all taken at the Camberg show,were all the cars and buses had to be pre 1955.All rare in there own right

Quote:

Originally Posted by vw splitscreen (Post 931101)
If were talking rare ,heres some pics i took last year when we done a 3000 mile trip on our tour of europe and visted the new museum at Wolfsberg,Bad camberg vw show and the old museum at wolfsberg.

I missed Bad Camberg, but did make Hessisch Oldendorf in 2005, along with a pilgramage to Wolfsburg, especially to the Stiftung Automuseum and Autostadt. I had never truly experienced bliss till then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 931315)
I missed Bad Camberg, but did make Hessisch Oldendorf in 2005, along with a pilgramage to Wolfsburg, especially to the Stiftung Automuseum and Autostadt. I had never truly experienced bliss till then.

Already booked for Hessisch Oldendorf for next year June. 500 cars and buses regestered already.Really looking foward to this.Are you going Karlos

Some pictures from the VCCCI Rally. Beautiful Karmann Ghia and a Beetle. The Ghia was owned by a frnds dad years and years ago.

Cyrus thats my cousin and Scooby's son-in-law's brother Anand's ( name mentioned as he was featured in a program with both generation beetles) beetle. he has the original tool box and the minutest details taken care off. he also own a convertible beetle. by far one of the best knowledge in beetles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 930283)
you dont pick your phone for my queries

Extremely sorry man, i am out of the country, presently in transit. Getting back late sunday or early monday morning. Cell has been left at home. Wife does check the messages. She saw about 100 messages regarding queries from the microbus to Lambrettas - she is going mad lol.I will call you once i reach bangalore.Sorry again man. I am coming over to have a look at that Bay window. CONGRATS.

hi dave
it is really surprising to find so many vw beetles and busses lying around in goa even after having so many of these cars either been scrapped or sent out to other states..... its would seem worth while to go parts hunting to goa... . could u suggest a good place/workshop/person to start off with...

pavan,karl.... how about a trip to goa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vw splitscreen (Post 923584)
Hello Karlos, here're some more pics of mine mostly from last year. Hope you enjoy them. Karlos, like your cars, nice collection. Have you finished the oval yet.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

carbug,

I hope the pics come in reality once you go to Goa,

I really dont feel there are much VW's in Goa presently.

Will go there if someone confirms for sure.

Some more pictures from my Collection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbug (Post 941792)
hi dave
it is really surprising to find so many vw beetles and busses lying around in goa even after having so many of these cars either been scrapped or sent out to other states..... its would seem worth while to go parts hunting to goa... . could u suggest a good place/workshop/person to start off with...
pavan,karl.... how about a trip to goa

Hi Carbug,well there are still many vws in Goa,but not many parts i am afraid,because of that reason.Like many places in India as you know things are copied and hand made because many parts are now worn out.
Its possible that i may know of a couple of splitscreens buses maybe coming up for sale either later this year or Jan/feb next year.in Goa.
I will be there from Nov 2nd for 5 months so will know more then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 933397)
Cyrus thats my cousin and Scooby's son-in-law's brother Anand's ( name mentioned as he was featured in a program with both generation beetles) beetle. he has the original tool box and the minutest details taken care off. he also own a convertible beetle. by far one of the best knowledge in beetles.

Thanks Speedy. Did not know that Anand Desai has a convertible too. I too have the Original Hazet Tool Kit Box. They are supposed to be one of the most expensive Beetle accessories and goes without saying that I paid a bomb for it. Any pictures of the convertible pls ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 952163)
Thanks Speedy. Did not know that Anand Desai has a convertible too. I too have the Original Hazet Tool Kit Box. They are supposed to be one of the most expensive Beetle accessories and goes without saying that I paid a bomb for it. Any pictures of the convertible pls ?

I think this is the car, a 57 oval convertible. If im not mistaken the car has a later 1300cc engine in it, besides some other small practical alterations like the door handles, front indicators, rear badge, meters etc.