Team-BHP - Classic Volkswagens in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Classic Volkswagens in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/42766-classic-volkswagens-india-6.html)

Friends VW in Hyderabad.

This car is for sale in Hyderabad. The owner wants 2 lacs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 1113226)
Friends VW in Hyderabad.

Nice Beetle, but that looks like a 1969 1300 VW, wrongly badged as 1500.

The front bonnet is borrowed from a Super Beetle. lots of mix and matches done, but done neatly.

Just got back from a trip to Mahableshwar in our '63 Beetle :D
here are some pics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomUsername (Post 1115250)
here are some pics:

Nice Beetle, others can comment on the details of the car.
have you ever wondered why the oval numberplate?
The German customs numberplates were oval. When any car was exported from Germany, it had to have a number plate and so this temporary registration was issued. These were called Zoll (Customs) plate. Very often fitted only on the rear. Many cars when they came out from Indian customs auctions had these plates fitted. I believe this is no more done

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomUsername (Post 1115250)
here are some pics:

Thats great, this is the perfect time for a drive. Have been itching to go this month but just not able to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1115695)
have you ever wondered why the oval numberplate?

I had no idea, thanks for that. Oval windowed Beetles (53-57) especially looked great with them.

My 1982 Gti Mk-I. Recently redone and restored back to its FI avtar from what the previous owners had done, converted it to carburetted trim. Hss also been featured in the BSM magazine where i had requested anonymity about its owner.

Classic Volkswagens in India-golf-gti-041-large.jpg
Classic Volkswagens in India-golf-gti-001-large.jpg

Of course some evident add ons in the area of ugly decals and stickers will be removed.:D

Wow Gogi, where have you been hiding this one ? And how many more do you have up your sleeve ?? :) She looks beautiful, yaar !

Here's something to die for :)

The only split in namma Bengaluru.clap:

VW Beetles are always a treat to see.As a kid I was totally crazy about Herbie movies which featured a VW Beetle in the entire series of 4-5 films and offlate the recent release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1238875)
VW Beetles are always a treat to see.As a kid I was totally crazy about Herbie movies which featured a VW Beetle in the entire series of 4-5 films and offlate the recent release.

Yeah true,

These beautiful/practical and everlasting cars leave a lot of impression on everybody.:)

Some more from Bengaluru Beetle Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1238762)
Here's something to die for :)

The only split in namma Bengaluru.clap:

It appears that this is lying near some residence, not a mechanics workshop. And perhaps being used as a storage place, no hope of ever being restored. So perhaps you can exchange with a Matador, it would serve the same purpose for them. Try to get it and good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1240381)
It appears that this is lying near some residence, not a mechanics workshop. And perhaps being used as a storage place, no hope of ever being restored. So perhaps you can exchange with a Matador, it would serve the same purpose for them. Try to get it and good luck.

This Splitwindow is lying in a farm house. It belongs to a known persons Dad.

He knows the value of it and is not willing to sell it even at 4-5 lacs:)

There are somethings in life which money cant buy or exchanged.

For him its more of an emotional value than a rusting bus. I've put some thoughts in his mind off-late. He's going to start restoration on the Bus soon and probably we'll have it running on road soon.:)

Some time back I had chanced upon these pictures of a Splitty in South India, but cannot recall where. Does it look familiar to anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1256153)
Some time back I had chanced upon these pictures of a Splitty in South India, but cannot recall where. Does it look familiar to anyone?

I had recieved some similar pix and some info on a split from a friend some time back. Another Bhpian and I tried a lot to locate it, but had no luck. What i heard is its in a place in kerala, but the pic i recieved had a different background. But the color of the van was similar. Are you sure this pic is not a PS job??