Team-BHP - Classic Volkswagens in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Classic Volkswagens in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/42766-classic-volkswagens-india-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 952472)
I think this is the car, a 57 oval convertible. If im not mistaken the car has a later 1300cc engine in it, besides some other small practical alterations like the door handles, front indicators, rear badge, meters etc.

yes Karl thats the car. this car was right under my nose and i did not know of it till Anand bought it. it was four buildings away from my house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 952777)
yes Karl thats the car. this car was right under my nose and i did not know of it till Anand bought it. it was four buildings away from my house.

Wow supereb. Did not know that existed an Oval Convertible in Bombay. Nice car and has fair set of Originals like the steering wheel, horn button, centre grill etc. When was this bought and who was the previous owner any idea at all ?

As a matter of fact about 8-10 yrs back I was offered a green convertible (seemed to be an oval) by an mechanic who had been given the job of restoring but was looking to sell it as the owner could not pay him. Missed out on it and still regret about it even today, it was beautiful one with Goa Rego with lots of Originals including wheel caps, clock etc. Wonder where it must be, would hate to know that it has been scrapped.

found a picture of another convertible. this i am guessing is the Bandra car, belonging to another person i know.
the unrestored car was seen ages ago and i dont know of its current whereabouts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 953632)
the unrestored car was seen ages ago and i dont know of its current whereabouts.

Being an early car, plus LHD, my guess is that this is Kadam's car. It has now been painted white and yellow I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 953793)
Being an early car, plus LHD, my guess is that this is Kadam's car. It has now been painted white and yellow I think.

clap: who's this another VW Fanatic Kadam.

Bangy has 4 convertibles , but sadly only 1 car of Byas's thats runs anytime anywhere.

That car in the second picture (TN 09) is that a Rover/Sipani convertible?

it is a Rover 216 convertible. Underneath, it is a Honda Ballade

My sister had taken this picture for me years back in Bombay. I later found out that this car belonged to Gogi at one point. What a small world.:)

My cousin spotted this VW being pushed during Ganesh visarjan processions at Marine drive - Bombay.

this car was on sale some time ago, I even went for a test drive she was quite original. unfortunately the owner was asking for the sky.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 978696)
this car was on sale some time ago, I even went for a test drive she was quite original. unfortunately the owner was asking for the sky.:Frustrati

Thats a nice 1964 1300VW.

Although a Beetle should never stall on the middle of the road like that, unless you are out of fuel or if your battery is dead. Wonder whats wrong with the car:Frustrati.

Any idea what price that might go for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 978761)
Thats a nice 1964 1300VW.

Although a Beetle should never stall on the middle of the road like that, unless you are out of fuel or if your battery is dead. Wonder whats wrong with the car:Frustrati.

Any idea what price that might go for?

he was asking for 3.5 firm:)

Heard about a 1965 LHD 1300cc Beetle yesterday. The car needs some tinwork. Chap's quoting 2L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 980057)
Heard about a 1965 LHD 1300cc Beetle yesterday. The car needs some tinwork. Chap's quoting 2L.

Adi Anna,

Can u pls mention the contact info of the seller, if and only if you share no interest in the mentioned lovely car.cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 980163)
Adi Anna,

Can u pls mention the contact info of the seller, if and only if you share no interest in the mentioned lovely car.cheers:

I'll find out details about this car and let you know. I'm not going to buy it anyway. An acquaintance just mentioned it casually. I haven't even seen the car.