Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 20:01   #46
BHPian

First one seems to have two electric fans!!! and twist off hood pins....

Second (blue) is the Mumbai 67 pseudo fastback which has been talked about quite a bit.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:35   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
....Any idea who own these and where they are
The blue one : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...a-mustang.html

cya
R
Old 5th May 2009, 21:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
First one seems to have two electric fans!!! and twist off hood pins....

Second (blue) is the Mumbai 67 pseudo fastback which has been talked about quite a bit.
love the way you used the word PSEUDO.
hehe
that TN car looks awesome-might not be all original, but nothing a good trip to the US wont cure (for the parts)
Lemme know if you have any leads on this red machine. Its a late 72 coz the bumpers are red (Or a 70-ish if they just rotted and he colored them so!)
Old 6th May 2009, 00:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mustangcollectr (have to be careful with the spelling, now MGC for short), suggest you slow down a bit. You are slightly over excited, see your profile. Who told you about tbhp- freinds, fiends or friends?

I must admit that the first time I also saw the cars in Indore, I too was overwhelmed. But cool it, do not go gaga. There are no V16's there, the Marmon is a V?? You answer, you were there.
And there are plenty of continental cars, how can you say he just loves Americana? Did you see the Rolls's? And when I saw the cars no one was looking over our shoulder to see what we are doing. A piece of unsolicited advse, when you see such collections ask upfront if pictures are allowed and respect the reply. If yes, do not just post everything, keep some discretion.
Your post no 33 is a bit of raving and ranting. It is not that too many muscle cars have been destroyed when they were collectible, at one time they were not. At that time there was not much hurt to demolish a Camaro as AB did in a movie. In an early Hindi flik an Auburn was destroyed, an early Buick convertible driven into a pole, Hell drivers demolished classic cars in Vallabhai Patel stadium. This has happened in the past.
Perhaps you can focus on making your Mustang upto date, more authentic, after all there is nothing a little shopping in the States won't fix. Tell us how you progress in your endeavour.
As for the Morris, give it a bit respect, if it is original, then it is oneup against your Stang

A little friendly banter never hurt nobody.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 6th May 2009 at 00:48.
Old 6th May 2009, 10:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

But Harit.

The gentleman in question has actually seen, not one but atleast two Cadillac V 16s there along with a couple of V12s.

I m sure they must have been in that other sealed warehouse you were too tired to check out along with the Marmon V 16 and maybe a couple of 8C Alfas.

I am surprised you missed out seeing the cream of the collection !!!!

Mustangcollectr : Do tell us more about what you say there if you have pics nothing would entertain us more .

Wasif
Old 6th May 2009, 10:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Engine kahan hai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Also do post some pics of the engine and rear part of the car.
Quote:
About the engine, please post some pictures. Will be able to identify it more easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcollectr View Post
soon. Its 46 degrees today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The mustang pics show just parts of it.
Can we have a full picture of your mustang ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Would love to see more pictures especially the engine bay, meter cluster and more detailed photographs of the exteriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Mustangcollectr, buddy kindly post some under hood pics please!!
Mustangcollectr, we have been crying hoarse for some Engine pics. Is it still 46 degrees in Bhopal? Would love to see a 302 engine shoehorned into a 71 Mustang. Also waiting for your clarification on the output (claimed 380 Bhp against a stock 302's 290 Bhp)
Old 6th May 2009, 10:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Engine Nahi Hai.

I guess cameras don't work around 46 C, the film would melt, not to mention what would happen to a memoryt card, and nobody has heard of flash photography obviously.

Funny thing was last week it was 48 and me and a couple of lunatics were out in the desert getting our rides stuck on top of assorted dunes.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hey Mustangcollectr (have to be careful with the spelling, now MGC for short), suggest you slow down a bit. You are slightly over excited, see your profile. Who told you about tbhp- freinds, fiends or friends?

I must admit that the first time I also saw the cars in Indore, I too was overwhelmed. But cool it, do not go gaga. There are no V16's there, the Marmon is a V?? You answer, you were there.
And there are plenty of continental cars, how can you say he just loves Americana? Did you see the Rolls's? And when I saw the cars no one was looking over our shoulder to see what we are doing. A piece of unsolicited advse, when you see such collections ask upfront if pictures are allowed and respect the reply. If yes, do not just post everything, keep some discretion.
Your post no 33 is a bit of raving and ranting. It is not that too many muscle cars have been destroyed when they were collectible, at one time they were not. At that time there was not much hurt to demolish a Camaro as AB did in a movie. In an early Hindi flik an Auburn was destroyed, an early Buick convertible driven into a pole, Hell drivers demolished classic cars in Vallabhai Patel stadium. This has happened in the past.
Perhaps you can focus on making your Mustang upto date, more authentic, after all there is nothing a little shopping in the States won't fix. Tell us how you progress in your endeavour.
As for the Morris, give it a bit respect, if it is original, then it is oneup against your Stang

A little friendly banter never hurt nobody.

Cheers harit
you're right. Okey Dokey.
Ah..the cars in Indore. Ofcourse he has Cadillac V16s. I'm sure there are many others besides me who have seen all these cars too. He has 3-4 Auburns/Cord. I never said he just loved Americana. He has all kinds of cars from Di-Dions to Rolls Royces and the likes. He just sold his partially restored 68 Mach 1 to a pub owner on Pali Hill (Who himself had 2 mustangs earlier-but sold them). Ofcourse I saw all the Rolls. You have to ASK him to show ALL the cars and then he opens his garages-otherwise he had a 66 fastback when I'd gone to meet him the first time, so he opened the garage in which it stood. He mustve thought Im only interested in the Stangs! It was only when I happened to mention Lagondas, that he pulled open another garage with 2-3 Lagondas ( the 4.5 liter V12s) and a line of Jaguars. The Rollers were mostly of the Maharajas which had bought along the years. There was one which belonged to some Maharani that had an amazing bar built into it by Mulliner. The maharani wasn't allowed to drink in the palace, so she would have to go out for a drive and drink in the Rolls(!) How inconvenient to be forced to drink in a Rolls Royce while being cheuffered around town eh!!!
Yup. Muscle cars wer'nt destroyed when they were collectibles at that time. Doesnt make it any less painful thinking about it now eh?
I'm going to focus on my cars once the heat comes down. Next month when the rain comes down. Lotta people telling me that I should keep the Morris Original. I dont know. Now you have all confused me!..All I ever wanted was a hot rodded morris with a v8 with shorty headers and a flame thrower kit.(!). MAN Im so immature at times that I really kill myself!
haha
Old 6th May 2009, 13:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I guess cameras don't work around 46 C, the film would melt, not to mention what would happen to a memoryt card, and nobody has heard of flash photography obviously.

Funny thing was last week it was 48 and me and a couple of lunatics were out in the desert getting our rides stuck on top of assorted dunes.
Bhai! thats a good one!
Im just too lazy in the heat. Im sure you dont want night time flash snaps of the stang! Alright. Gimme a few days and I'll go out and do it in the day for you then! Photography is my other passion
Dude, Dune bashing in an airconditioned FJ is sooo different!(not to mention more fun too!) We did it in dubai 3 years back and my buddy got out only when he got stuck. Nice ride.
Hey Wasif I wanted to know-does the international drivers license work in UAE if I want to hire a motorcycle, coz I know that the UAE harley people rent them out.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:24   #55
BHPian

Quote:
There was one which belonged to some Maharani that had an amazing bar built into it by Mulliner. The maharani wasn't allowed to drink in the palace, so she would have to go out for a drive and drink in the Rolls(!)
Thought I'd abstain from this thread, but couldn't resist it any more! Now is that Mulliner as in H(enry) J(arvis) Mulliner & Co (and with Park Ward alongside later) Coachbuilders or Mulliner, the high-spirited character of PG Wodehouse, the bar-house storyteller? Quite a Wodehousian saga this is turning out to be too!

Any of the Maharani's Evian - there're rules here on T-BHP - or Vichy Water left over in those Baccarats in the Mulliner Bar?!
Old 6th May 2009, 14:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mustangcollectr, we have been crying hoarse for some Engine pics. Is it still 46 degrees in Bhopal? Would love to see a 302 engine shoehorned into a 71 Mustang. Also waiting for your clarification on the output (claimed 380 Bhp against a stock 302's 290 Bhp)
...and details on your BMW 730. I still am confused with the engine it has. IMHO and partial knowledge, it never came with the engine you mention it has. Please clarify. Thanks
Old 6th May 2009, 15:52   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Thought I'd abstain from this thread, but couldn't resist it any more! Now is that Mulliner as in H(enry) J(arvis) Mulliner & Co (and with Park Ward alongside later) Coachbuilders or Mulliner, the high-spirited character of PG Wodehouse, the bar-house storyteller? Quite a Wodehousian saga this is turning out to be too!

Any of the Maharani's Evian - there're rules here on T-BHP - or Vichy Water left over in those Baccarats in the Mulliner Bar?!
Indeed!

I suppose, mustangcollector, you are referring to the Daimler of Mr. Sanghi, ex-King George (?), ex-Darbhanga that was displayed at Cartier. A similar tale was spoken of there.
Old 6th May 2009, 16:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:

I remember reading Mulliner'' and then him telling me a looong story about the fabled Bar in the car-dont know much about british coachbuilders though. I COULD go on about Roush and Larry Shinoda though (!) Baccarat or Lalique- I would'nt know much. I was Eying the American machinery all the time he went on and on about the bar and the special history of that particular Rolls. He then showed me 2-3 Rollers with this wooden duck-tail type thingy at the rear. Looked all very interesting-but not my cuppa'until they had a big block (US made) V8 in them, if you know what I mean. Call me dim-witted, but you cant really go 'round hot-rodding a Roller into a mean Drag Racing Machine, can you? (wow- that really sounds dumb of me-wonder what the stiff upper lip type collectors of british automobilia would be thinking of me right now...I really wonder, coz I cant hear anything in the roar of my v8!) THIS IS A MUSTANG THREAD (What else did you expect me to say!!?

Woof..that was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Indeed!

I suppose, mustangcollector, you are referring to the Daimler of Mr. Sanghi, ex-King George (?), ex-Darbhanga that was displayed at Cartier. A similar tale was spoken of there.
no no, the owner of that Roller was at the Cartier event as one of the judges, but no, it was a Rolls and not a Bentley. This I do remember for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
...and details on your BMW 730. I still am confused with the engine it has. IMHO and partial knowledge, it never came with the engine you mention it has. Please clarify. Thanks
uno momento senor...I shall send u the pic of the engine for you to identify!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th May 2009 at 17:09. Reason: Use multi quotes
Old 6th May 2009, 17:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Wasif I wanted to know-does the international drivers license work in UAE if I want to hire a motorcycle, coz I know that the UAE harley people rent them out.
Yup come on over with your International driving think and will see that you have the time of your life. Harleys, Dukes, Kwackers, Busas, guzzys whatever takes your fancy, and all can be done in pluraly.

Quote:

Welcome to the fantasy club convention Parbal.

You know me by now, can't resist these do's.

The story about the Maharani is maybe true, have heard of this myself too and the car would be a RR with Mulliner Park Ward coachwork. Will try to remember who it actually was.

I'm sure there is something rattling around at the bottom of those Baccarat things you spoke off, nicely aged and mellowed by now.

Mustangcollectr.

Do tell more of the V16's you say, what kind of body styles and other such stuff. What about the pair of Speed Six Bentleys out there.

Also what about the Marmon, Maybach, Lagonda and the Alfa's, please do tell more.

Wasif
Old 6th May 2009, 18:30   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He then showed me 2-3 Rollers with this wooden duck-tail type thingy at the rear.
Hmm, now there are 2 or 3 wooden boat tailed Rolls there? Intriguing. And the term is boat tailed. A duck tail type thingy would more resemble the Nabha Swan car.

Is there one of those too stowed away in Indore?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks