Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 09:01   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcollectr View Post
nope. not the same car, similar maybe but not same. Coz this was neither from delhi nor hyderabad. This belonged to a parsi gentleman and its a bombay registered car.
Ah, so it is indeed the same car. I always wondered what happened to it. If my memory serves me right this car was with the Jeejebhoy family at one point, and then with Mr. Setna of Apex Motors for years. A car with great history, very handsome.
Old 8th May 2009, 20:47   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice.Really Nice. Which year is this model?

Also i see a Kawasaki SBK in one of the picture. Which one is it?
thank you sir. The bike is an 1100cc kawasaki ninja. Actually I'm a biker by heart-and thats when I'm not headbanging to Children Of Bodom and Cradle Of Filth (!!)-just being funny! haha
Old 8th May 2009, 21:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

where are the pics of the engine bay man ?

It shdnt have taken so much time in posting pics ?

do it
Old 8th May 2009, 21:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
thanks for posting the pics Altamash, I see that the logo is missing in few pics while you have also taken some shots of the logo?

Ok I can see form the pics that you are indeed on VIp road, where exactly Is it near the exit to Kohefiza?
welcome! Some of the pics were before I got the logo (just last month) and some after. I just got the genuine metal logos from Kashyap Auto (BMW dealer in delhi). Oh, and the license plates are back on now too. The exit to kohefiza begins from the boundary on my 5th main gate of the compound of my house (Hope you understood that!). My house is: 1 VIP Road. And thats that then!
Old 8th May 2009, 22:12   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Lets do a deal I pilot the pony and you saddle the ninja and lets do a drag all the way to Indore.

This way you get to ride the bike and the stang gets its throat cleaned.

We could switch rides on the way back.

BTW any Baccarat decanters around in the Stang !!!
hehe. Yeah why not. No decanters in the stang though! Funny, now that you mention it, it was just last week that I and a freind were returning in seperate cars to bhopal, we raced crazy on the road all the way back at insane speeds at 3am with crazy diversions and construction work going on !!
Old 9th May 2009, 01:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Nice to see the Mustangs and Beemer here! MCollector, you're very lucky to have such cars. I'm quite green with envy.

May I just say that this thread has been VERY difficult to read through. Very poor formatting on many posts.
thanx Peraketh. Oh and about the formatting bit, well yeah, Im pretty new to this posting stuff on forums..Long time lurker-first time poster !
gotta lot to learn.
By the by, Nice logo you got there.
I play Dream Theater in my Mustang sometimes-though its hard to hear because its ferociously loud (The Car-not the band!)
Old 9th May 2009, 03:12   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Nice car. Not so sure about the mentioned specs though and the surprising part is about the "imported new from a UK showroom " and the car is a left hooker !!!

All Mustangs in UK are LHD. Even the new ones. They dont make RHD ones , atleast not for mass market
Old 9th May 2009, 11:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Mustangman , I am a little suspicious now and please , do forgive us for being so. Just a couple of pictures and we'll all be happy now that we saw the legendary BOSS engine. Can we now see it finally ? Lest we all protest for a thread lock up till you actually do the needful.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:40   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
All Mustangs in UK are LHD. Even the new ones. They dont make RHD ones , atleast not for mass market
yes they are. Please refer to the beginning of the thread for the answer to that question. Actually I myself did'nt realize this issue (of it being LHD and not RHS) for this long until Wasif pointed it out to me (page one). Now my life has completely changed forever since this revelation of epic proportions. How can I ever be the same man that I use to be, again?

Buddy, who CARES anyway-I HAVE the car and thats all what counts-sourced from Mars for all I care.

And I guess that position of the Mustang Curator cum Historian at the Ford Museum has more applicants than I expected eh?...oh boy! and all this time I thought the job was lined up exclusively for me, till now!!
wow.

And for the record when you go to the UK, and visit the classic dealers and/or collectors, you will be surprised to see the amount of LHD american cars imported by grey market dealers into the UK and sold which are merrily cruising down the road all over there.

Last edited by mustangcollectr : 9th May 2009 at 13:44. Reason: post script
Old 9th May 2009, 14:04   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Mustangman , I am a little suspicious now and please , do forgive us for being so. Just a couple of pictures and we'll all be happy now that we saw the legendary BOSS engine. Can we now see it finally ? Lest we all protest for a thread lock up till you actually do the needful.
''I'll show you mine if you show me yours first!''

haha-just pulling your leg!
dont mind the joke-could'nt resist blurting it out...it seemed so APT!

All suspicions will be laid to rest soon.
...Lazy me!
Old 9th May 2009, 14:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
''I'll show you mine if you show me yours first!''

haha-just pulling your leg!
dont mind the joke-could'nt resist blurting it out...it seemed so APT!

All suspicions will be laid to rest soon.
...Lazy me!

ROFL! I seriously fell down laughing reading that. My friend , in my garage I would love to have that collectors item that you have. Really excited about the BOSS !
Old 9th May 2009, 14:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
ROFL! I seriously fell down laughing reading that. My friend , in my garage I would love to have that collectors item that you have. Really excited about the BOSS !
Thank you, thank you!
I hope you did'nt mind the joke-I was just trying to be funny to excuse my laziness for not making the effort to walk upto my garage to take the fabled engine snaps! haha!
Old 9th May 2009, 14:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

I have seen pics of RHD mustangs from Australia.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:14   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I have seen pics of RHD mustangs from Australia.
thank you nitrous...so there you go!
However, it may be noted that there are absolutely NO RHD cars the other way 'round-that is, in the US. Not even classic jaguars and the like. There ARE a few Alfas in the US which are RHD, coz Alfa had moved out of the american market for a while-after the 80s , if Im not wrong-so some Alfas were imported for those people who have an Alfa on their mind and nothing else will do!
Old 9th May 2009, 16:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, thank you!
I hope you did'nt mind the joke-I was just trying to be funny to excuse my laziness for not making the effort to walk upto my garage to take the fabled engine snaps! haha!
If you dont have mustang or the engine then say it man,

everybody is wauting for pics of the BOSS and you are being lazy to even go to your garage ?

is it your garage na ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks