Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 11:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Saif,

Do you still have the manuals that came along with the Car?
Dosent look like we have them...:(

Gents,

We finally managed to get a set of 5 new white walled tyres for our fiat and here are some pictures of the car with the new set of wheels.....

Now all that i need is the original petrol cap..... request your help... if anyone has a spare or knows of a place where i can look for one...

regards
saif

PS: I have 4 sparingly used CEAT 5.20-14's that i do not require anymore... If anyone is intrested please let me know....
Attached Thumbnails
My 1960 Fiat 1100-07.jpg  

My 1960 Fiat 1100-08.jpg  

Old 16th February 2010, 12:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attari View Post
Dosent look like we have them...:(

Gents,

We finally managed to get a set of 5 new white walled tyres for our fiat and here are some pictures of the car with the new set of wheels.....

Now all that i need is the original petrol cap..... request your help... if anyone has a spare or knows of a place where i can look for one...

regards
saif

PS: I have 4 sparingly used CEAT 5.20-14's that i do not require anymore... If anyone is intrested please let me know....
Those White wall look real nice. I have few request for want of pictures.

1. There would be a plastic parcel tray on the Left hand side below the dashboard. Can you get me closeup picture along with the brackets for attachment.

2. There should be an air box in the centre below the dashboard, do you still have it, any pictures of it.

3. Can you provide me the detail pictures of the tail lamp (front, side and rear without the lens). I have searched hi and low for them but cannot find them. Intend to make a 3D model and get it machined to put in my car.

Last edited by manishalive : 16th February 2010 at 12:15.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Saif !
WOW, the whitewalls make a world of difference - the car looks so much more complete now . She was always a looker, but this bit adds to the charm all the more.
Cheers !
Old 17th February 2010, 11:58   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We finally managed to get a set of 5 new white walled tyres for our fiat and here are some pictures of the car with the new set of wheels.
She really does look so original and period, this is one of the cleanest cars I've seen in a long time. Good luck with the petrol cap. And scrub those tyres clean
Old 17th February 2010, 12:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
She really does look so original and period, this is one of the cleanest cars I've seen in a long time. Good luck with the petrol cap. And scrub those tyres clean
Karl just one question. What type of external petrol cap will come on these cars. Is it screw type or is it twist and turn type. I have seen both of the types.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karl just one question. What type of external petrol cap will come on these cars. Is it screw type or is it twist and turn type. I have seen both of the types.
I have seen both types myself on Selects, but on dukkars I have only seen the screw type. That said, I cannot confirm what came on which car. Either ways, the external appearence is identical.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the screw type is original. As all the caps I have seen so far on sites like ebay are screw type. The other type must be a local invention as the screw type mechanisms would get spoiled. But again this is my theory based on what I have been seeing in the parts market so far.
Old 19th February 2010, 07:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen both types myself on Selects, but on dukkars I have only seen the screw type. That said, I cannot confirm what came on which car. Either ways, the external appearence is identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I think the screw type is original. As all the caps I have seen so far on sites like ebay are screw type. The other type must be a local invention as the screw type mechanisms would get spoiled. But again this is my theory based on what I have been seeing in the parts market so far.
I have owned 2 selects the first one with the quarter turn type and the second one with screw type and that's why the confusion aroused. I spoke to karl and now know that screw type would have come on my car.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:12   #54
BHPian

A Greeat Car

Quote:
One Sunday afternoon surfing the internet hoping to get a glimpse of the
Cartier Concours D’Elegance held in mumbai, I came across team-bhp.

Shocked by the poor coverage of this event by the media in general, I was delighted to see that Team-Bhp and its members had truly captured every detail in a character befitting a connoisseur. I wasted no time in signing up, and to catch up on lost ground I spent most of my free time reading various threads and post's covered under the forum, vintage cars & Classics in India.

I am taking the liberty of starting this thread in the hope of restoring a vintage back to its old glory with a lot of help from my fellow team-bhpians.. 4266 as she is better known at home, has been with us since 1966. It was a purchase my grand father made after selling his Austin 16. The car was sparingly used by her first owner as it was by us.

Restore would be a very harsh word to use, as my father has looked after the car very well. Although it was the primary car of the house for a very long time its only done 125000 miles. Although the car might have lost a few original parts like tail lapms etc to wear&tear and regular service, to the best of my knowledge the car is mechanically in original condition. We always got her serviced with the same mechanic who is known to the family. Just got the engine overhauled and some minor servicing done...

I am not well versed with the detailing of the car and thus need your assistance. It means a lot to me as its been with us for now over 40 years. Looking forward to all the help and advise i can get.

regards

SIR,

You are very lucky to own a completely original FIAT car. It looks great
on photo and I am sure it will be sheer pleasure driviing this car. Are you
Mr.Siraj Attari working for VST Industries Ltd in Sponsorshiip Dept during
1987 to 1990 I was also working there.Please confirm, I would like
to hear from you on my e.mail v.richards@rediffmail.com. I am now
settled in Nagpur.

Regards,

B.ANANT
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSICCAR View Post
SIR,

You are very lucky to own a completely original FIAT car. It looks great
on photo and I am sure it will be sheer pleasure driviing this car. Are you
Mr.Siraj Attari working for VST Industries Ltd in Sponsorshiip Dept during
1987 to 1990 I was also working there.Please confirm, I would like
to hear from you on my e.mail v.richards@rediffmail.com. I am now
settled in Nagpur.

Regards,

B.ANANT
Hi,
Thank you for appreciating our car. My name is Saif Attari, Siraj attari's son. dad is now with Dr. Reddys. Will pass on your message to him and I am sure he will contact you shortly...

rgds
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi Saif.

Waiting to see pictures of your MB !!!
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hi Saif.

Waiting to see pictures of your MB !!!
wasif bhai,

i haven't gone back to hyderabad in some time.. planning a visit soon... will post pictures and details then..
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:31   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a few old family pictures with cars. will put them up soon. (grandmother tells me they owned a RR at some point and has promised to fish out a picture of it)
To bump up an old post, we are still awaiting the pictures you promised to share
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
To bump up an old post, we are still awaiting the pictures you promised to share
Hi karl,

I haven't forgotten that either... In fact the last time i was home, i did pull some out but forget to carry them with me...

there are a couple of threads that i religiously follow; 1. Nostalgic pictures of our family and 2. Classic Automobile Books / Workshop manuals thread. will update on both soon...

rgds
Old 10th January 2011, 16:45   #60
BHPian

Re: My 1960 Fiat 1100

Hello everyone,

I finally did manage to find a petrol cap for my fiat but am facing a new type of hurdle and that is finding someone who can fit this on..

Currently the fiat has a delight type petrol cap system.

Request a couple of close up photographs from both the outside and the inside (from the boot).

Also, I would be much obliged if any of the Hyderabad fiat enthusiast could point me in the direction of a mechanic who could help with this fabrication...

Rgds
saif
Attached Thumbnails
My 1960 Fiat 1100-petrol-cap.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks